Page 42 of 259 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I hope this ''secret fighter'' is not Heretic.
    Oh, and this beach party sounds pretty funny.
    Robin’s mission to get to the heart of the League of Lazarus's
    It still seems to be related to the Lazarus Pit for Alfred, to be honest. I have no idea what else could be the reason for all this. But I guess we might find out next week in second part of back-up.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Damian's getting a beach episode

That nose isn't Heretic. It looks like an adult face too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I don't know why, but the only thing that kinda annoys me from Challenge of the Supersons is that Rora calls Jon Superman instead of Superboy.

Otherwise, I love it - especially the Hawkgirl issue.
    I don't like how the story go to present-pass pass-present, would be better in a normal time, I think... I Still like the series and I will follow it ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    I'm loving the covers!

Some people are speculating it might be Connor Hawke. Francis Manapul, who already did this variant cover for Robin:

EuCkRdSWgAg_HqF.jpeg.jpg

posted this on his Instagram last month:

Screenshot_20210319-072450_Instagram.jpg

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Damian's getting a beach episode

That nose isn't Heretic. It looks like an adult face too.
    Very Anime.

I'm loving the covers!

This stunning.

From the solicits it sounds like the creative team is having a blast. Hope it translates well.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I just realized that both Robin #1 and the Batman and Robin story with Bruce and Damian in Batman: Black and White #5 come out on April 27th.
    April will be a long month for me.
    Forgot about batman Black and White.
    Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Forgot about batman Black and White.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    I had forgotten about it too until I stumbled over a screenshot of the solicitation on my phone.
    Then I checked the date it would come out and was slightly disappointed when I saw it comes out the same day as Robin #1.
    Of course I'm grateful Damian will appear in a story in Black and White (did any other of Robin besides Maps even show up in Black and White?) and Damian having his own ongoing is amazing.
    I just like it more when the stories I'm really looking forward to are not all coming out in the same week.

The solicitation is very... interesting, I guess. Really hard to understand what's going on, but it seems there's a lot happening. There's:
    - a beach party?;
    - he's fighting people;
    - he needs to act his age?;
    - confrontation with a big fighter.

No idea how this all fits together, but I really want to read it!
    Well, the confrontation with the mysterious fighter and him fighting people is definitely related to the tournament.

Not sure how the beach party fits into this, but Williamson said in an interview he would let the story breath a lot more than he did on Flash. So it's not going to be just fighting.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I hope this ''secret fighter'' is not Heretic.
    Oh, and this beach party sounds pretty funny.

It still seems to be related to the Lazarus Pit for Alfred, to be honest. I have no idea what else could be the reason for all this. But I guess we might find out next week in second part of back-up.
    Beach, Damian, and Alfred? *Tom King flashback*
    From the posture doesn't look like Heretic. Some fans speculate it's Connor but the shadow looks like at the same age as Damian. How old is Connor btw?

I'm loving the covers!

When I saw the second cover on that slide show on Newsarama I didn't even realize it belonged to the Robin book. I just assumed it was a weird Red Hood cover and kept looking for the Robin covers

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Beach, Damian, and Alfred? *Tom King flashback*
    From the posture doesn't look like Heretic. Some fans speculate it's Connor but the shadow looks like at the same age as Damian. How old is Connor btw?
    Lol. It's hard to be more useless than Bruce was in that arc, so Damian's beach adventure can only be better.

I really think it's Connor. At least on the variant cover. The green background, the spiky mask, the hood, the fact that it's by the same artist and he already did a variant for Robin. It just fits too well.

I don't know a lot about Connor, but from I read about him on a wiki this could be very cool. I think they have a lot in common, but also enough differences to make it interesting.

Connor was erased at some point, wasn't he? He could be any age DC needs him to be.

BANNED

To be honest, i just feel like DC is not knowing what to do with Damian. "Is Damian a Bat or an Al Ghul?" is a story that has been done before. Batman now has too many underlings that now they send Damian away. This mini series wont matter much for Damian's character development if Damian is to return back to the Batfam.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    To be honest, i just feel like DC is not knowing what to do with Damian. "Is Damian a Bat or an Al Ghul?" is a story that has been done before. Batman now has too many underlings that now they send Damian away. This mini series wont matter much for Damian's character development if Damian is to return back to the Batfam.
    Do any DC comics truly matter? When was the last time Bruce had meaningful character developement that wasn't ignored the minute the next writer took over.

As long as Williamson makes Damian a hero again and we'll get some cool fights, emotional character interactions and interesting relationships out of it I don't really care anymore.

Also, it's an ongoing, not a mini-series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    They want to make him a definite hero again, and against all odds left him as Robin, apparently with a plan to return him to the Bat-family in the end. So I would not say that now they do not know what to do with it. They do what most fans want the character to do.