Page 43 of 259 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

The variant does look like a Red Hood silhouette. But it does fit that Connor-lookalike sneak peek. I would love if it's Connor. I'll love it absolutely. He was a cool guy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They want to make him a definite hero again, and against all odds left him as Robin, apparently with a plan to return him to the Bat-family in the end. So I would not say that now they do not know what to do with it. They do what most fans want the character to do.
    They are basically doing the same story with Damian so if you are trying to tell me that they know what they are doing, i dont see that.

Talia has also been inconsitently potrayed in order to service either Batman's stories or Damian's stories. She went from someone who doesnt need Damian and has bunch of his clones to someone who would welcome Damian back?
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-19-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    They are basically doing the same story with Damian so if you are trying to tell me that they know what they are doing, i dont see that.

Talia has also been inconsitently potrayed in order to service either Batman's stories or Damian's stories. She went from someone who doesnt need Damian and has bunch of his clones to someone who would welcome Damian back?
    Yeah, comics are going in circles. Shocking revelation lol. How many "Will Batman finally snap and kill the Joker" arcs do we have by now?

Talia has been wanting Damian back ever since Morrison stopped writing her. That's not suprising.
    And she's going to have her own story with the Totality. Williamson said she's more than Ra's daughter and more than Damian's mom and he wants her to play a bigger role in the DC universe again.
    If Williamson keeps his word then I'm not worried.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    How many "Will Batman finally snap and kill the Joker" arcs do we have by now?
    An in character Batman would not be pushed to kill the Joker since he knows thats exactly what the Joker wants from him to do. Even if he does that, he will feel immense guilt and probably hang up the cowl since he wont be able to justify the direct killing of a human being.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-19-2021 at 05:53 AM.

An in character Batman would not be pushed to kill the Joker since he knows thats exactly what the Joker wants from him to do. Even if he does that, he will feel immense guilt and probably hangs up the cowl since he wont be able to justify the direct killing of a human being.
    Not the point. I know Batman won't ever kill him in canon. My question was, how many arcs did we have where the question if Bruce will finally kill someone, most of the time the Joker, is the hook.
    You're complaining that we already had this story for Damian before, even though a character I know you like has the exact same problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    You're complaining that we already had this story for Damian before, even though a character I know you like has the exact same problem.
    Because "Is Batman gonna kill or not" comes way before "Is Damian gonna become a killer or not"

To be honest, i just feel like DC is not knowing what to do with Damian. "Is Damian a Bat or an Al Ghul?" is a story that has been done before. Batman now has too many underlings that now they send Damian away. This mini series wont matter much for Damian's character development if Damian is to return back to the Batfam.
    It depends on how you view it. Change isn't easy so I expected Damian to falter.

Because "Is Batman gonna kill or not" comes way before "Is Damian gonna become a killer or not"
    The is the hero going to go bad pre dates batman and isn't the only arc that get repeated for Batman. It happens in comics. Batman being one of the most gulity.

I see you going around trying to troll batfamily fans by going around calling them underlings .

Guys don't feed the troll any more

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Beach, Damian, and Alfred? *Tom King flashback*
    From the posture doesn't look like Heretic. Some fans speculate it's Connor but the shadow looks like at the same age as Damian. How old is Connor btw?
    Uggh, don't even mention that event.

I also think it's Connor and to me at least he doesn't seem to be Damian's age? He seems tall. And I know next to nothing about Connor, but wasn't he an adult already before being erased? I guess the big question is how he's going to be now that he's coming back after, I think, ten years or so of limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The variant does look like a Red Hood silhouette. But it does fit that Connor-lookalike sneak peek. I would love if it's Connor. I'll love it absolutely. He was a cool guy.
    I don't know anything about Connor, except that he was Oliver's son, had his own tournament story and was Green Arrow for a period of time. What was he like? I'm curious to know more about him.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    I don't know anything about Connor, except that he was Oliver's son, had his own tournament story and was Green Arrow for a period of time. What was he like? I'm curious to know more about him.
    Connor was raised by his mom, with his dad not knowing about his existence. He was an angry kid, but ended up joining an ashram to follow in Oliver's steps, and ended up being a great archer and a really great martial artist (like, Lady Shiva level). He's very zen, thoughtful, naive about the outside world, but can be funny too.

If it is Connor, I would freak out. Damian and Connor are the two characters I've most wanted to spend time together for ages!

Seriously, they're two multiracial sons of white billionaire Justice League members, who grew up with their mothers and had a complicated relationship with them, ended up idolizing their fathers, only for their initial meeting to go badly. Then, their father dies and they take up their father's cause and struggle with their legacy and hang out with their father's acquaintances, only to have their father come back to life, where they clash some but eventually form a strong bond together. Also, they're both vegetarian (or kinda in Damian's case, depends on the writer.) They'd be a lot of fun together!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The is the hero going to go bad pre dates batman and isn't the only arc that get repeated for Batman. It happens in comics. Batman being one of the most gulity.

I see you going around trying to troll batfamily fans by going around calling them underlings .
    Batman's moral struggles at least are way more compelling because its him believing in either killing would prevent more deaths of other innocents or killing would make him become the same thug that murdered his parents. Damian has the discipline, a desire to be with his parent but never a strong moral foundation. His morals are just what the writer wants them to be.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-19-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    Connor was raised by his mom, with his dad not knowing about his existence. He was an angry kid, but ended up joining an ashram to follow in Oliver's steps, and ended up being a great archer and a really great martial artist (like, Lady Shiva level). He's very zen, thoughtful, naive about the outside world, but can be funny too.

If it is Connor, I would freak out. Damian and Connor are the two characters I've most wanted to spend time together for ages!

Seriously, they're two multiracial sons of white billionaire Justice League members, who grew up with their mothers and had a complicated relationship with them, ended up idolizing their fathers, only for their initial meeting to go badly. Then, their father dies and they take up their father's cause and struggle with their legacy and hang out with their father's acquaintances, only to have their father come back to life, where they clash some but eventually form a strong bond together. Also, they're both vegetarian (or kinda in Damian's case, depends on the writer.) They'd be a lot of fun together!
    To add on all that, that I agree to the T with, Connor, also, would make for an incredible dynamic with Damian for all those points stated.

I want this now. I want it.

Edit: About his age, I think he was... twenty, twenty and a few? But I guess they're aging him down a bunch of years.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-19-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    and a really great martial artist (like, Lady Shiva level).
    Okay, I don't know much about Connor - practically nothing really, but he's THAT good? They've definitely nerfed him for this tournament, especially if Damian has a chance of winning.

I'm stating the obvious here - Dami's a total badass and I know he'll get to her level someday, but there's no way the kid can box with someone around Lady Shiva's level just yet.

Unless he cheats, of course.

Now I'm hyped, I can't wait to see this confrontation.
    Last edited by Shen; 03-19-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Okay, I don't know much about Connor - practically nothing really, but he's THAT good? They've definitely nerfed him for this tournament, especially if Damian has a chance of winning.
    From what I recall, Lady Shiva did beat him, but it was a decently close match! They probably either nerf him for this arc, or have him not be that serious about winning. It's possible he might just be deaged, depending on how old Oliver is now I guess.

Either way, if this is true and not just wild speculation, I'm excited! And even if it doesn't pan out this series, hopefully Connor and Damian get to hang out sometime in the future.

Oh man, this line-up is looking epic! If it really is Conner, then he and Rose would be interesting fights for Damian.

I especially miss Damian and Rose's interactions, they were gold. I can't wait to see who else might show up!

I'm really interested in Flatline, she's more intriguing to me than Djinn ever was.
    Last edited by Shen; 03-19-2021 at 11:20 AM.