Page 44 of 259 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Preview for Detective Comics #1034 includes a preview for Demon or Detective part two.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/19/dc...e-comics-1034/

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Preview for Detective Comics #1034 includes a preview for Demon or Detective part two.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/19/dc...e-comics-1034/

Yeah. The Talia fakeout was so obvious, I'm actually kinda disappointed they even bothered with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah. The Talia fakeout was so obvious, I'm actually kinda disappointed they even bothered with it.
    It establishes that Damian is back to not wanting to kill, but since DC made him cross the line only a few months ago there weren't any stakes either way this time.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Nah, for suspense. They had to leave a cliffhanger on the end so people will buy the next issue, like "OMG, will Damian kill that guy?". The question is why they still think that "to kill or not to kill" plot is a good and totally not overused cliffhanger for Damian's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    Connor was raised by his mom, with his dad not knowing about his existence. He was an angry kid, but ended up joining an ashram to follow in Oliver's steps, and ended up being a great archer and a really great martial artist (like, Lady Shiva level). He's very zen, thoughtful, naive about the outside world, but can be funny too.

If it is Connor, I would freak out. Damian and Connor are the two characters I've most wanted to spend time together for ages!

Seriously, they're two multiracial sons of white billionaire Justice League members, who grew up with their mothers and had a complicated relationship with them, ended up idolizing their fathers, only for their initial meeting to go badly. Then, their father dies and they take up their father's cause and struggle with their legacy and hang out with their father's acquaintances, only to have their father come back to life, where they clash some but eventually form a strong bond together. Also, they're both vegetarian (or kinda in Damian's case, depends on the writer.) They'd be a lot of fun together!
    Man, they have so much in common it's crazy! Connor is definitely not someone I was expecting to show up in Robin, but that's the magic of comics. I'm curious to know how they he's going to come back, though, given that he disappeared for so long. I also hope he ends up as an alliance.

I'm actually really excited to read Connor, Damian and Rose interacting, this seems like a killer cast. Can't waaait!

I was kind of afraid, to be honest lol. Anyway, this is a pretty tiring cliffhanger with Damian, but it was necessary to establish were his morals are at now. I'm glad Joshua made right choice.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Someone on Twitter already said they character assassinated Damian again because the first image is Damian holding a sword over his pool of blood. Never underestimate social media gut reaction.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-21-2021 at 02:56 AM.

So wait let me get this right...Damian is just left holding the sword, and Talia killed the guy? Am I correct in understanding that?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So wait let me get this right...Damian is just left holding the sword, and Talia killed the guy? Am I correct in understanding that?
    Yup. That's why when Talia states that he hesitated, he replies that he knew she could take care of herself - and that he was distracted.

Pretty misleading with the sword, but that was just to add some drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Yup. That's why when Talia states that he hesitated, he replies that he knew she could take care of herself - and that he was distracted.

Pretty misleading with the sword, but that was just to add some drama.
    See that is misleading because I assumed that the sword is how he saved his mother and the knife was the one that Talia was held up with and she disarmed her captor...I need to go back and look.

Edit: okay went back looked, the Knife Talia has was the disarming thing, blood on the sword was a misdirect. I understand now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It definitely could have been a bit clearer. I had to look at it a few times to figure out what happened too lol

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Man, they have so much in common it's crazy! Connor is definitely not someone I was expecting to show up in Robin, but that's the magic of comics. I'm curious to know how they he's going to come back, though, given that he disappeared for so long. I also hope he ends up as an alliance.

I'm actually really excited to read Connor, Damian and Rose interacting, this seems like a killer cast. Can't waaait!

I was kind of afraid, to be honest lol. Anyway, this is a pretty tiring cliffhanger with Damian, but it was necessary to establish were his morals are at now. I'm glad Joshua made right choice.
    Waiiit, what Connor? Super Boy Connor?
    I agree Damian killing or not is not overused, this is a decision Damian needs to take all time, but I reallh wish someone could write a happy path for him

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Waiiit, what Connor? Super Boy Connor?
    I agree Damian killing or not is not overused, this is a decision Damian needs to take all time, but I reallh wish someone could write a happy path for him
    No, Green Arrow Connor Hawke

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    See that is misleading because I assumed that the sword is how he saved his mother and the knife was the one that Talia was held up with and she disarmed her captor...I need to go back and look.

Edit: okay went back looked, the Knife Talia has was the disarming thing, blood on the sword was a misdirect. I understand now.
    When I only saw the first page I was confused too because I was pretty sure they would reveal that Talia killed the guy. Second page and the dialogue cleared that up.
    But even if Damian did kill him, sure I wouldn't have liked that they continued with that crap from Teen Titans, but it wouldn't have been that shocking either because, well, they already made him cross the line at the end of Teen Titans.

Cliffhangers that are supposed to make us wonder if Damian killed someone or not are overused, but this one also had no stakes since Damian currently has no character developement to lose.

I like what Williamson is telling us in interviews about Damian and his ideas for the Robin solo, but I hope he stays away from cliffhangers like this one in the future.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Gleb revealed that he drew a fountain of blood when Talia killed the guy, but it didn't get pass the rating ^^
    Ew95Xq_WYAQIAdg.jpg
    This won't be in the book.