Page 46 of 259 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Probably, though its a little weird to be banned for that.
    Seems unfair especially since it was their link and no harm was intended when it was posted on here.

They're... actually doing some father-son bonding! Holy crap that's a breath of fresh air.
    I know right?! I can't wait to read this.

Hopefully this is the start of the Batfamily being and feeling like a family.

More from Batman Black and White.
    This time #4 which is out now

I wasn't even aware of this comic.

They're... actually doing some father-son bonding! Holy crap that's a breath of fresh air.
    It's probably part of the sting operation mentioned in the solicits, but it is nice to see them doing something together in an unusual setting.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian and Bruce from Batman Black and White #5 out April 27th

Jeez. That reminds me. When's the last time they've ever done any out of costume father/son bonding? That short fishing trip in Tomasi's Batman and Robin?

Stuff like this never fails to make me smile. Long live my sons!

https://64.media.tumblr.com/fc86544d6c896866c5189be492b212f6/9724504655660ced-19/s500x750/4b073ea9da7bde12773633649c64f447b3f122e9.png

https://itsmespicaa.tumblr.com
    With everything canon again, we really need more Damian/Steph interactions. Those two are the best lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-26-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Jeez. That reminds me. When's the last time they've ever done any out of costume father/son bonding? That short fishing trip in Tomasi's Batman and Robin?
    Sounds about right.
    In Robin: Son of Batman Bruce had amnesia and when he showed up at the end it was as Batman.
    In Teen Titans, Batman and Detective Comics they only interacted as Batman and Robin. Bruce calling Damian for assistance in Gotham were basically the only times those two even met.

The only exceptions I can think of were some moments in Super Sons or Tomasi's Superman run when Clark, Bruce, Jon and Damian hung out to cut down a tree or to celebrate christmas.

But no moments where it was just the two of them spending time with each other out of costume. That part of their relationship is even more underdeveloped than their dynamic as Batman and Robin.

Oh wait, there was that one conversation in King's Batman run when Damian amd Dick followed Bruce as civilians and Bruce basically told him that none of them make him happy, only Selina does.
    Good times -_-

You know, it may have just been a small spot in the corner of the page but Damian making an appearance in the Nightwing #79 preview made me so incredibly happy.

"My brothers"

[cue tears of joy]

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Oh wait, there was that one conversation in King's Batman run when Damian amd Dick followed Bruce as civilians and Bruce basically told him that none of them make him happy, only Selina does.
    Good times -_-
    We just...don't talk about the family's treatment in King's run -___-
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-26-2021 at 02:06 PM.

We don't get a lot of downtime bonding these days.

Tec is out, and damn does it build some hype for the Robin series.

We just...don't talk about the family's treatment in King's run -___-
    I probably shouldn't. It's just that when something causes me to remember bullshit like King making Alfred say that Bruce didn't have a true smile on his face since his parents died and only on the day he thought he would marry Selina that smile came back, it makes me want to hit my face against a wall.
    King really has an involuntary talent for making me despise characters.

This doesn't make me think batcat is a great ship, it just makes me hate Bruce.

King was really trying to tell us that events like the miracle of bringing his 10 year old son back from the dead didn't make Bruce happy.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 03-27-2021 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We don't get a lot of downtime bonding these days.
    In part probably because we haven't seen a lot of Bruce in recent years. Just Batman.
    And now that we get some more focus on Bruce as Bruce Damian has seperated from the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Good times -_-
    That scene was so bad. Bruce just stammered and spluttered before managing to utter a short sentence like an actor being fed lines. King's batman was the worst.