Page 47 of 259 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    You know, it may have just been a small spot in the corner of the page but Damian making an appearance in the Nightwing #79 preview made me so incredibly happy.

"My brothers"

[cue tears of joy]

We just...don't talk about the family's treatment in King's run -___-
    It baffles me that DC let characterisations like that go to print. When you stop and think about King's batman the guy is a horrible, abusive man child. He isn't a hero, isn't a father or a care taker. Just a horny child abuser with issues running around punching things . That run robbed Bruce of so much agency and goodness.

That line from Alfred should never have been allowed.
    Alfred is also done dirty in that run.
    Honestly King just massacred everyone especially batcat. The cherry being that it in the end everything of consequence that happened between the couple was due to Bane. What a waste and he's back again with Batcat. Lord knows what he'll do with SuperGirl.

Robin#3

How old is Conner? The guy I remember was in his 20's

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That scene was so bad. Bruce just stammered and spluttered before managing to utter a short sentence like an actor being fed lines. King's batman was the worst.
    I've read fanfiction with better writing than that mess. BatCat will always be one of my favorite ships (Below BruTalia, of course), but the way it overshadowed everything else just made the story feel empty. King's Batman is one I would like to forget ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Jeez. That reminds me. When's the last time they've ever done any out of costume father/son bonding? That short fishing trip in Tomasi's Batman and Robin?

Stuff like this never fails to make me smile. Long live my sons!

With everything canon again, we really need more Damian/Steph interactions. Those two are the best lol
    Did Williamson say something about Steph in Robin or am just mistaken? You are right I hope we get some interactions.

Robin#3

How old is Conner? The guy I remember was in his 20's
    "What better way to take out a Robin, than with a Hawke." Damn, I can't wait for this! Conner looks like he might be around his mid 20's in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    "What better way to take out a Robin, than with a Hawke." Damn, I can't wait for this! Conner looks like he might be around his mid 20's in the comic.
    When I heard he was going to be a rival for Damian I figured that he might have been aged down.

"What better way to take down Robin , than with a Hawke"

I like that

I love Damian Punning because you know where he gets it from

Loving Challenge of the Supersons.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-27-2021 at 03:00 AM.

I love Damian Punning because you know where he gets it from

Loving Challenge of the Supersons.
    Wait till you see the latest chapter of Challenge of the Supersons - I heard that Damian takes shots at Jon's parents!

Did Williamson say something about Steph in Robin or am just mistaken? You are right I hope we get some interactions.
    I think he said she would have a small cameo in Robin #1, along with the other members of the batfamily.
    But that doesn't mean they will meet. They are in Gotham and Damian will be on his way to the island. We know there won't be reunion between Dick and Damian in Robin #1 so I don't think he will visit them before he takes part in the Lazarus tournament.

Williamson also said in an interview that he wants Damian away from the batfamily for a bit.
    He wants him to have his own story.

It baffles me that DC let characterisations like that go to print. When you stop and think about King's batman the guy is a horrible, abusive man child. He isn't a hero, isn't a father or a care taker. Just a horny child abuser with issues running around punching things . That run robbed Bruce of so much agency and goodness.

That line from Alfred should never have been allowed.
    Alfred is also done dirty in that run.
    Honestly King just massacred everyone especially batcat. The cherry being that it in the end everything of consequence that happened between the couple was due to Bane. What a waste and he's back again with Batcat. Lord knows what he'll do with SuperGirl.
    I was always waiting for that moment when King would turn around and tell us that he was writing Bruce so terribly on purpose and that Bruce would either face consequences for his behaviour or decide to become better, but that never happened.
    Throwing Bruce and Selina together fixes everything!!! Somehow!!! Who needs proper character developement when you can throw another sex scene in there?

King threw every relationship Bruce had under the bus to elevate Selina and only made them worse.

I feel bad far Supergirl fans.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 03-27-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Really excited for Damian to meet Connor. They have a lot in common that could be interesting to talk about.

What I'm not excited about is all the whining I'm already seeing online that always comes when Damian is set to fight someone in a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Really excited for Damian to meet Connor. They have a lot in common that could be interesting to talk about.

What I'm not excited about is all the whining I'm already seeing online that always comes when Damian is set to fight someone in a comic.
    Yeah, bracing myself for there to be some complaint's about power-levels and character's getting nerfed. I hope Williamson handles everyone well and within expectation. The problem is that DC doesn't have a lot of combatants within Damian's age range to make the tournament interesting and using Oc's as fodder isn't as engaging.

It's also not fair to drag characters out of limbo to get beaten, however Damian stands a good chance against even seasoned veteran's if he

-does what Bats do. Cheat. Tim took Shiva and Bruce took Bane by cheating
    -utilizes his vast knowledge and skillsets.
    -cunning. Damian used this against Lex and Amazo
    -Strategy. Damian used strategy and prep to take down GG

Wait till you see the latest chapter of Challenge of the Supersons - I heard that Damian takes shots at Jon's parents!
    OOf! Can't wait. Damian's deadpan sass is always fun to read and Tomasi knows how to strike the right balance so that it's funny, cutting but doesn't go too far.

It baffles me that DC let characterisations like that go to print. When you stop and think about King's batman the guy is a horrible, abusive man child. He isn't a hero, isn't a father or a care taker. Just a horny child abuser with issues running around punching things . That run robbed Bruce of so much agency and goodness
    I think it was that moment in Batman 79, when Bruce tells Selina that Alfred sent a signal and that he will now send Damian to enter Gotham, kicking off what we saw in Batman 77, and Bruce saying that he wished he could stay on island alone with Selina forever in the next panel.
    That was the moment I really started to despise King's Bruce.
    Bruce prioritizing the city over his family in Batman comics? Not a good thing, but something I can accept.
    But in that moment Bruce sent Damian, his 13 year old child, to do his dirty work for him in Gotham, while Bruce talks about not wanting to go there to help Damian and save Gotham because he would rather abandon his family and make out with his girlfriend on an island for all eternity.
    Because King wanted to write Selina reminding Bruce of his responsibilities to Gotham.

I lost so much respect for Batman in City of Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I was always waiting for that moment when King would turn around and tell us that he was writing Bruce so terribly on purpose and that Bruce would either face consequences for his behaviour or decide to become better, but that never happened.
    Throwing Bruce and Selina together fixes everything!!! Somehow!!! Who needs proper character developement when you can throw another sex scene in there?

King threw every relationship Bruce had under the bus to elevate Selina and only made them worse.

I feel bad far Supergirl fans.
    It's odd. Some fans keep saying that king's Batman was human and honest but he was a puppet. Manipulated by those around him so much for human Bruce.

King took a heavy hand to the pairing and ended up turning the relationship into a toxic one.

At the very least, Kara won't be meowing