Page 48 of 259 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Williamson also said in an interview that he wants Damian away from the batfamily for a bit.
    He wants him to have his own story.
    Well, Damian is already away from Batfamily for more than a bit. I'm down for more Damian's own story.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Yeah, bracing myself for there to be some complaint's about power-levels and character's getting nerfed. I hope Williamson handles everyone well and within expectation. The problem is that DC doesn't have a lot of combatants within Damian's age range to make the tournament interesting and using Oc's as fodder isn't as engaging.

It's also not fair to drag characters out of limbo to get beaten, however Damian stands a good chance against even seasoned veteran's if he

-does what Bats do. Cheat. Tim took Shiva and Bruce took Bane by cheating
    -utilizes his vast knowledge and skillsets.
    -cunning. Damian used this against Lex and Amazo
    -Strategy. Damian used strategy and prep to take down GG
    Or Connor was brainwashed and can't fight like himself. After I read his profile, I don't think Connor is the type to willingly join the League of Lazarus, if that organization is anything like League of Assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Well, Damian is already away from Batfamily for more than a bit. I'm down for more Damian's own story.

Or Connor was brainwashed and can't fight like himself. After I read his profile, I don't think Connor is the type to willingly join the League of Lazarus, if that organization is anything like League of Assassin.
    He probably meant that Damian will stay on that island for the first arc and we shouldn't expect him showing up in any other batman related books or family members showing up in Damian's book in that time.

Yeah, I think he might be brainwashed too. From what I read Connor is not the guy to be part of the League of Shadows like he currently is.

It's odd. Some fans keep saying that king's Batman was human and honest but he was a puppet. Manipulated by those around him so much for human Bruce.

King took a heavy hand to the pairing and ended up turning the relationship into a toxic one.

At the very least, Kara won't be meowing
    King's Batman didn't feel human to me. In one moment he could walk hundreds of miles through ice and snow or claim to have forseen all of Bane's ludicrous and convoluted plan, the next he's a whiny manchild who needs his girlfriend to tell him how to throw a batarang or to tell him that he should save Gotham.
    King's Bruce was so obsessed with Catwoman that he ignored all the other things that should be important to Bruce or any other human being, things like friends and family.

Yeah I don't know how many humans King interacts with, but Bruce was anything but that in his run. King's book did about as much for the humanization of Batman as Heroes in Crisis did for the erasure of stigmas surrounding mental illness. Both stories were completely counterproductive to their messages and, even after DC's gone out of its way to bury HiC as much as they can, Wally is STILL paying for it. And the whole Batfamily is still dealing with the loss of Alfred. Hell, they even retconned it into the reason Damian went on his little rebellious streak.
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-28-2021 at 11:25 AM.

King's Batman didn't feel human at all. He could barely string words together and didn't seem able to accomplish and thing without Selina.

I recall someone [poster Dietrich I think] once commenting that rather than human, he was acting like a Robot or someone under the influence. Lo and Behold, he was been controlled by Bane and his acolytes.

He was also an incompetent hero. He purposely let Bane take the city because reasons and was the reason for Alfred nonsensical suicide.

Hew can DC hasn't retconed that run? DC is trash. Batman is their Juggernut. One of comics most iconic characters and the meduim's [or at least 2nd] most lucrative Ip's. They should be more mindful how he is portrayed.

The Batman deserves more respect and better than how King treated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I don't know how many humans King interacts with, but Bruce was anything but that in his run. King's book did about as much for the humanization of Batman as Heroes in Crisis did for the erasure of stigmas surrounding mental illness. Both stories were completely counterproductive to their messages and, even after DC's gone out of its way to bury HiC as much as they can, Wally is STILL paying for it. And the whole Batfamily is still dealing with the loss of Alfred. Hell, they even retconned it into the reason Damian went on his little rebellious streak.
    That the family is still dealing with Alfred's death is not King's fault. In Batman #85 he had Bruce say to Alfred's grave that "the boys came over for dinner and were doing well"
    You know, despite the fact that Dick was Ric, Jason and Damian had major beef with Bruce in their comics and Bruce's incompetence just lead to Damian living through a highly traumatic event and all of them losing the only person they could all agree on they loved.
    Apparently Bruce having a girlfriend fixed that too.

I'm actually glad DC decided to prove that statement wrong. Alfred's death deserves to have a greater impact than "oh well, guess we should move on" and it's also a more compelling reason for Damian to go off the rails than "I'm mad at my dad for some reason and a random restaurant owner that I never talked about again got killed"
    I'm not a fan of how Thompson wrote Damian at all, but I will admit that finally adressing that events like Ric, Jon being almost an adult and Alfred's death all had an impact on Damian is something I appreciated. Glass didn't do that.
    Too bad it came way too late and Thompson tried to use Damian as a scapegoat for all the **** all the other Teen Titans did in the Glass run.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 03-29-2021 at 04:59 AM.

Did they publish the wrong issue of Challenge of the Super Sons today?
    It's supposed to be chapter 10, but on the cover and the credit page it says 11. I don't think it's a typo because they wrote 11 at the top and at the bottom of the credits.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 03-29-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    That the family is still dealing with Alfred's death is not King's fault. In Batman #85 he had Bruce say to Alfred's grave that "the boys came over for dinner and were doing well"
    You know, despite the fact that Dick was Ric, Jason and Damian had major beef with Bruce in their comics and Bruce's incompetence just lead to Damian living through a highly traumatic event and all of them losing the only person they could all agree on they loved.
    Apparently Bruce having a girlfriend fixed that too.

I'm actually glad DC decided to prove that statement wrong. Alfred's death deserves to have a greater impact than "oh well, guess we should move on" and it's also a more compelling reason for Damian to go off the rails than "I'm mad at my dad for some reason and a random restaurant owner that I never talked about again got killed"
    I'm not a fan of how Thompson wrote Damian at all, but I will admit that finally adressing that events like Ric, Jon being almost an adult and Alfred's death all had an impact on Damian is something I appreciated. Glass didn't do that.
    Too bad it came way too late and Thompson tried to use Damian as a scapegoat for all the **** all the other Teen Titans did in the Glass run.
    Yeah, I mean, Damian had genuine issues but it did feel like he was going off the rails partially to make the other Titans look better by the end of that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I mean, Damian had genuine issues but it did feel like he was going off the rails partially to make the other Titans look better by the end of that run.
    Damian absolutely did shitty things in Teen Titans. They did want to kick him out of the mantle in disgrace and make him a villain after all.
    But acting like Damian had been the only one who did shady stuff and forced the others to participate was simply not true and made me even more angry.

I think what really pissed me off was that Thompson had NIGHTWING, of all people, swoop in and "save" this team while acting like Damian was the only problem (you know...like EVERYONE was doing after Djinn left).

Like...sir! **** them kids! Stop throwing your brother under the bus and go find him! You are literally the only person he'd probably listen to! Let the other Titans deal with the knock-offs!

Damian and Bruce from Batman Black and White #5 out April 27th

How interesting. I will like to see them together again

Robin#3

How old is Conner? The guy I remember was in his 20's
    I like the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think what really pissed me off was that Thompson had NIGHTWING, of all people, swoop in and "save" this team while acting like Damian was the only problem (you know...like EVERYONE was doing after Djinn left).

Like...sir! **** them kids! Stop throwing your brother under the bus and go find him! You are literally the only person he'd probably listen to! Let the other Titans deal with the knock-offs!
    That pissed me off too, but I wanted to throw this title in the garbage way before that.

I found all the reactions of the people Damian was supposed to be close to kinda disappointing.
    Dick didn't seem too bothered and sided with the Teen Titans, Jon tried to find Damian but gave up disappointingly quick (remember when Damian was prepared to risk everything to protect Jon when future Tim Drake told everyone Jon would kill millions?) and we didn't even get to see what Damian wrote in that letter. Bruce seems to care somewhat, but not enough to prioritize getting Damian back and seems still more sad about Alfred's death than about losing his son.

A 13 year old child just went through a huge crisis and all these heroes just stand around and do nothing. It's all so underwhelming.

I was also kinda disappointed that when Bruce finally got off his ass and started searching for Damian he failed to reflect on his own actions and how he contributed to Damian breaking away from him.

Tomasi also wrote Bruce only really thinking about Damian leaving the Robin mantle and how it might be possible to get Damian to return to that role.
    Like, dude, **** being Batman and Robin, this is YOUR SON. Focus on getting your kid back and rebuilding your relationship as father and child first, not as hero and sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I also predict the return of Injustice Damian, dick and Damian getting a reunion curtesy of Taylor.

I don't see an ongoing. Don't think anyone in the Batfamily is getting one aside from Dick [lets face it Dick and Babs are the only ones who've managed to carry a solo since rebirth]
    But Robin is a confirmed ongoing.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-29-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Believe this is for the DC Festival of Heroes: The Asian Superhero Celebration one-shot:

https://twitter.com/juni_ba/status/1376638774088757254