Page 53 of 259 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

It really sounds like the book is going to be incredible for Damian's character. (And Connor! Still not over Connor being back). Really can't wait for it!

OMG, this is so good TuT)/

You can actually feel his love and excitement for the characters in the article. He's writing this as a fan. The way he describes the pacing of the book was just perfect. I think Damian is finally in great hands.

Yep. I had my concerns at first but now I'm pretty sure our boy is finally in a good place again. Hell, this might end up being the best place he's been in since coming back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    When you look at something like Court of Owls, part of the logic of Court of Owls was that the owl is a natural predator for bats. So it works with those characters. So I was like, 'Okay, well, I'll take that logic and apply it to Robin. What are robin's natural predators?' And I looked it up and it was hawks.

But then once I started writing the book and I started realizing, it never clicked in my brain until I was actually writing it how much Damian and Connor have in common.

Once I started really outlining out what the whole first part was going to be, the emotional story for Damian became tied in with Connor Hawke and what Connor Hawke is going through. It jelled really, really well. Issue #3 has a big scene with the two of them that's one of my favorite things I've done in a long time. It's one of my favorite scenes in the book, the two of them having, essentially, a bonding moment where they're talking about what their lives have been like and how much they have in common.

- Joshua Williamson on Hawke and Robin

https://www.cbr.com/robin-joshua-wil...ampaign=CBR-TW
    Williamson and me both on not noticing the similarities until it came up...especially when Emiko felt like a more direct stand-in for Damian.

Really excited for this book .

When you look at something like Court of Owls, part of the logic of Court of Owls was that the owl is a natural predator for bats. So it works with those characters. So I was like, 'Okay, well, I'll take that logic and apply it to Robin. What are robin's natural predators?' And I looked it up and it was hawks.

But then once I started writing the book and I started realizing, it never clicked in my brain until I was actually writing it how much Damian and Connor have in common.

Once I started really outlining out what the whole first part was going to be, the emotional story for Damian became tied in with Connor Hawke and what Connor Hawke is going through. It jelled really, really well. Issue #3 has a big scene with the two of them that's one of my favorite things I've done in a long time. It's one of my favorite scenes in the book, the two of them having, essentially, a bonding moment where they're talking about what their lives have been like and how much they have in common.

can you try past the link again? it's broken

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    if that doesn't work I don't have it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Hey...

I suspect that this is the interview. Search without the space between the "T" and the "O"-

robin-joshua-williamson-lazarus-t ournament-interview

Wild speculation: I think Maps Mizoguchi will be on Robin #1. I think this is Maps:

154258538_244877713930752_8227394091894549430_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by delaviux View Post
    Wild speculation: I think Maps Mizoguchi will be on Robin #1. I think this is Maps:

154258538_244877713930752_8227394091894549430_n.jpg
    I think Damian is just reading a manga

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Hey...

I suspect that this is the interview. Search without the space between the "T" and the "O"-

robin-joshua-williamson-lazarus-t ournament-interview
    Thank you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I like the idea of Damian liking a couple of manga titles but denying it =u=)/

I just notice the bag, this give a feeling of "running way from home"!

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    He’s secretly a big fan of Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen, especially after Jon got him started on Naruto
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    He’s secretly a big fan of Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen, especially after Jon got him started on Naruto
    wonder what's his opinion about Assassination Classroom

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Really looking forward for Connor and Damian bonding! Still, this kid funnily tends to start a friendship with a fight.