Page 56 of 259 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

I assumed it too but.. Unless I see one Old Batman collection with DICK as Batman like that I discard it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-05-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    "Any other Bat-Family members you can tease who we can expect to show up?

Williamson: They are all in the first issue with cameos. Then gradually, not to get too much into the spoilers, part of the thing is that Damian is missing. Like he's taken off, and Bruce isn't just going to let that fly. He's going to try to find him.

So, everyone in the Bat-Family is trying to look for Damian and they're looking for clues. Oracle is out there trying to pick up any traces, but he's a ghost. He's done the thing he's trained to do and he's disappeared. But that doesn't mean that they're not going to keep trying to find him, and we're going to show the search as well as what happens eventually when they do find him."

I'm really glad we'll finally get to see the batfamily try to do something about it, but I just kinda can't get over the fact that it took almost three years for them to go "hmmm, you know, maybe we should try to find that kid. He should be home with us"
    I'll not lie seeing the drama of every bat family member hunting for Damian is entertaining, on the move while on the hunt, oh the stories with that.

Then at the same time you got the Detective of the Batfamily, Tim Drake, the Digital Watcher, Barbara Gordon, and Batman, his father, on the trail finding a 14 year old kid with no resources to spare. Excluding Dick with the Titans at his side to help him, and Jason too.

Makes me wonder if in the Batfamily, Damian by far is the most stealthiest person. I'm sure he's got the skills to boost but evading the whole Batfamily, I'll wait see what explanation they got for him managing to evade them.

Can't wait for the first issue.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/goodb...mpression=true

New newsarama interview with Joshua Williamson

Damian will be 14 years old in Robin. So I guess that means Bruce missed yet another one of his birthdays.
    Alright, counting everything, with the solicit for Tim Drake said he's a young adult and Nightwing also got his birthday in Titans Academy and the students said he's getting old, we're using Post Crisis age.

Damian's 14, Tim's 20, Dick's 30, and Bruce's 45 until confirmed otherwise.

Except Babs who's still the same age as Dick so she's 30 too.

Wait I just remember Steph is 19 in Rebirth, add one year for Infinite Frontier and Tim's 19 and still count as young adult.

But that's like only one year of age difference so who cares. The mystery is Dick and Bruce. They both reach that age where they can't age anymore.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-05-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    14??? FINALLY.

I liked see Rose and the COPYRIGHT Joke to Slade copy.. Maybe this serie will make me as happy as ROBIN SON OF BATMAN I heard that King Snake is BANE FATHER?? Wtf.. I did not saw him too old. Maybe he died and returned to life YEARS LATER?

Tell me that this BATMAN in the image who is alongside Robin Damian is DICK GRAYSON.. I canĀ“t believe that I see him with SuperKID here but Grayson who is more important in his life is not here.

So the BATfamily is trying to find him.. Ok.. Despite only with Grayson trying to find him would have been enough for some of us.

I desire to him good luck with his sidekick.
    No, I'm 99% percent sure this is Bruce as Batman. The page is supposed to be a little introduction for new readers who don't know Damian yet and Damian's brand is being the son of Batman. Williamson said something along the lines of "Son of Batman, Talia is his mom. He was in the Super Sons and Teen Titans. He had a falling out with Batman" when he talked about this page.
    Considering that this whole situation was mainly caused by his problems with Bruce it makes more sense to focus on that.

Not directly a response to your comment, more like something your post reminded me of, but I'm always a bit confused when I see huge fans of Dick as Batman and Damian as his Robin talk about the current situation as if Dick is the knight in shining armor who will rescue Damian the second he learns about Damian having gone rogue or being missing.

Dick knew Damian was going rogue before he got shot in the head, but his only response was "Damian's choices are his own and will have to wait for the time being"
    When Dick got his memory back he didn't ask where Damian was, he didn't comment on his absence in Joker War either. When Bruce told them all what happened Dick wasn't shown to have a different reaction from the rest.
    When he gets a note from Damian asking him to mentor his former Teen Titans team he talks badly about Damian and does not try to find Damian.

This is not meant as a dig against Dick, Damian is not his responsibility, Bruce is Damian's father. Dick has his own life to deal with.
    I'm merely expressing my confusion over the high amount of posts I've seen that act like Dick will drop everything and go travel the world in search for Damian the second somebody tells him there is something wrong with him.

https://screenrant.com/red-hood-jaso...l-villain/amp/

Truth and Justice #12 sets up the idea that Jason would become the next Ra's al Ghul, and Talia's around doing her usual stuff. Although it is Screenrant, so take it with a grain of salt - they like to over-emphasize.

I know she helped train and raise him, but it annoys me when I see more of Talia's interactions with Jay than with Dami.
    Last edited by Shen; 04-05-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Truth and Justice #12 sets up the idea that Jason would become the next Ra's al Ghul, and Talia's around doing her usual stuff. I know she helped train and raise him, but it annoys me when I see more of her interactions with Jay than with Dami.
    That and it annoys me when DC keeps acting like she's part of the league of assassins when she hasn't been in years. She had her own organization called Leviathan. Also, how many people has DC tried to hail as the next Ra's al Ghul by now? It's overdone.
    I assume this book is out of continuity, but it still annoys me. Get more creative DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    I'll not lie seeing the drama of every bat family member hunting for Damian is entertaining, on the move while on the hunt, oh the stories with that.

Then at the same time you got the Detective of the Batfamily, Tim Drake, the Digital Watcher, Barbara Gordon, and Batman, his father, on the trail finding a 14 year old kid with no resources to spare. Excluding Dick with the Titans at his side to help him, and Jason too.

Makes me wonder if in the Batfamily, Damian by far is the most stealthiest person. I'm sure he's got the skills to boost but evading the whole Batfamily, I'll wait see what explanation they got for him managing to evade them.

Can't wait for the first issue.
    The league of lazarus managed to stay hidden for hundreds of years and Bruce doesn't know about them, so Damian being on their secret island will probably help with that.

The league of lazarus managed to stay hidden for hundreds of years and Bruce doesn't know about them, so Damian being on their secret island will probably help with that.
    Wasn't there a story where Zod wanted to use the Lazarus pits, and Ra's told Bruce the pits were being protected by the league of Lazarus?

Wasn't there a story where Zod wanted to use the Lazarus pits, and Ra's told Bruce the pits were being protected by the league of Lazarus?
    Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Williamson is retconning his own story.
    He said himself that Bruce has no records of them on the batcomputer and everything Williamson has said about the league of lazarus in his interviews about Robin doesn't fit together with what Ra's said about them in Batman and Superman.

That and it annoys me when DC keeps acting like she's part of the league of assassins when she hasn't been in years. She had her own organization called Leviathan. Also, how many people has DC tried to hail as the next Ra's al Ghul by now? It's overdone.
    I assume this book is out of continuity, but it still annoys me. Get more creative DC.
    I mean, the title of Ra's has kinda lost it's importance over time. Quite a few people can fill in the roll now, so I'm guessing this is just also out of continuity, just to get those fans who love their fanfics excited. The article you posted also says Ra's will show up in the Robin ongoing, and that he and Damian will actually converse. I can't wait to learn more about their history and Lore.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Williamson is retconning his own story.
    He said himself that Bruce has no records of them on the batcomputer and everything Williamson has said about the league of lazarus in his interviews about Robin doesn't fit together with what Ra's said about them in Batman and Superman.
    Yeah you're right, he's definitely retconning it. Trying to add more to the Assassin mythos like they did for Jason and his connection to the All-Caste. There's soo many secret guilds and societies and leagues in DC that I can't even keep up anymore.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

https://screenrant.com/red-hood-jaso...l-villain/amp/

Truth and Justice #12 sets up the idea that Jason would become the next Ra's al Ghul, and Talia's around doing her usual stuff. Although it is Screenrant, so take it with a grain of salt - they like to over-emphasize.

I know she helped train and raise him, but it annoys me when I see more of Talia's interactions with Jay than with Dami.
    Tynion did a story of Jason being an heir of Ra's way back when he was still a new writer in New 52

Leviathan was over when Batman Inc end and she died. I don't know what her organization is aside from random bodyguards and ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Leviathan was over when Batman Inc end and she died. I don't know what her organization is aside from random bodyguards and ninja.
    She had Leviathan until Mark Shaw took it from her in Event Leviathan. You also missed my point. It doesn't matter what Leviathan is or was, Talia hasn't been part of the league of assassins and serving Ra's in a long time.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Ra's has attempted to recruit Bruce, Dick, Damian, Tim, Jason and Duke to fill the spot. Oh and that cold dude, The fanatic who usurped Damian after Ra's passed in BB. I guess Ra's hired him as back up should Damian come down with a case of good guy attempts to save the world syndrome

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/goodb...mpression=true

New newsarama interview with Joshua Williamson

Damian will be 14 years old in Robin. So I guess that means Bruce missed yet another one of his birthdays.
    Writers just keep blindsiding the poor man with these Damian Birthday's.
    Morrison - 10 Birthday's missed because Talia does thing's when she's ready.
    Percy - Damian got a year older even though no one else in gotham got older. Some even got younger.
    Williamson - another phantom Birthday.

Honestly I don't even think Bruce knows Damian's month and day of Birth. Did anyone tell him?