Page 57 of 259 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Ra's has attempted to recruit Bruce, Dick, Damian, Tim, Jason and Duke to fill the spot. Oh and that cold dude, The fanatic who usurped Damian after Ra's passed in BB. I guess Ra's hired him as back up should Damian come down with a case of good guy attempts to save the world syndrome
    Damn, looks like the title of Ra's has been through more guys than Talia. Wasn't Bane hailed as a potential successor to the Demon's Head at one point?

Honestly I don't even think Bruce knows Damian's month and day of Birth. Did anyone tell him?
    As a Father he has a responsibility to find these things out, regardless of his emotional constipation or whatever other BS gets in the way. He's been a father figure to many of the other's who've come through the Batcave, he has to really step up his game because he's barely been there for his actual son.

Writers just keep blindsiding the poor man with these Damian Birthday's.
    Morrison - 10 Birthday's missed because Talia does thing's when she's ready.
    Percy - Damian got a year older even though no one else in gotham got older. Some even got younger.
    Williamson - another phantom Birthday.

Honestly I don't even think Bruce knows Damian's month and day of Birth. Did anyone tell him?
    He knows. If Damian didn't tell him Alfred did.

RCO006_w_1477619055-1.jpg

RCO019_w_1487842788-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    As a Father he has a responsibility to find these things out, regardless of his emotional constipation or whatever other BS gets in the way. He's been a father figure to many of the other's who've come through the Batcave, he has to really step up his game because he's barely been there for his actual son.
    Looking back at the first arc of Teen Titans (2016) makes one realize that Damian wasn't actually wrong in the way he saw his and Bruce's relationship in the DC Rebirth era.
    He is an afterthought to Bruce and Bruce only pays attention to him if he gets in his way (Teen Titans, Tomasi's last arc in Detective Comics).
    Oh, and if Bruce needs him for a mission. Like in City of Bane (even though that interaction happened off-panel) or in Detective Comics #1016 when he needed Damian to find a missing orphan in a snow storm while he was busy doing something else.

If Bruce is really searching for Damian in Robin then that is the first time since Rebirth began that Bruce proves Damian wrong.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I think that if we are going to recall the bad we should also recall the good.

Supersons, Superman, Metal, Nightwing, Deathstroke v Batman, neck even GA gave us some great caring Batdad before King wrote him as the worst.

I feel that Percy did Bruce dirty by making him forget Damian's birthday for feels. It wasn't needed and it didn't feel right coming off of the place they were at following the new 52.

Bruce moving heaven and earth to bring Damian back and then going to him once he got his memory back in RSOB. To only bring Bruce in on TT to **** on him isn't right. King **** on Bruce and the family but he also gave us Bat burger and his run had the Button [not penned by him] where Bruce told his other dad about Damian.

Glass we know was mandated so Bruce not having eyes on Damian was necessary for Damian's fall.

I wish we had more Batdad but I understand that DC has no interest in that so I try to bear that in mind. Alfred RIP however there is no excuse for that other than Batman must not be held responsible for Alfred's death so the writers couldn't write him admitting that he was the one who sent Damian in making it his fault.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damn, looks like the title of Ra's has been through more guys than Talia. Wasn't Bane hailed as a potential successor to the Demon's Head at one point?
    Talia hasn't had that many lovers till King turned her into a Orgy Queen.

Yep we can add Bane to that long list.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

https://screenrant.com/red-hood-jaso...l-villain/amp/

Truth and Justice #12 sets up the idea that Jason would become the next Ra's al Ghul, and Talia's around doing her usual stuff. Although it is Screenrant, so take it with a grain of salt - they like to over-emphasize.

I know she helped train and raise him, but it annoys me when I see more of Talia's interactions with Jay than with Dami.
    The most annoying thing about that for me is we never see either Jason or Damian actually acknowledge the fact that they both kinda tied with Talia. Even though Talia as Jason's resurrecter is as iconic as Talia as Damian's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    The most annoying thing about that for me is we never see either Jason or Damian actually acknowledge the fact that they both kinda tied with Talia. Even though Talia as Jason's resurrecter is as iconic as Talia as Damian's mom.
    In a way, she's like a mother to them both. It would be great to see them talk to each other about their experiences with her. The only time in my recent memory, where their relationship was acknowledged by the other is when Damian thought Jason was Leviathan.

I think that if we are going to recall the bad we should also recall the good.

Supersons, Superman, Metal, Nightwing, Deathstroke v Batman, neck even GA gave us some great caring Batdad before King wrote him as the worst.

I feel that Percy did Bruce dirty by making him forget Damian's birthday for feels. It wasn't needed and it didn't feel right coming off of the place they were at following the new 52.

Bruce moving heaven and earth to bring Damian back and then going to him once he got his memory back in RSOB. To only bring Bruce in on TT to **** on him isn't right. King **** on Bruce and the family but he also gave us Bat burger and his run had the Button [not penned by him] where Bruce told his other dad about Damian.

Glass we know was mandated so Bruce not having eyes on Damian was necessary for Damian's fall.

I wish we had more Batdad but I understand that DC has no interest in that so I try to bear that in mind. Alfred RIP however there is no excuse for that other than Batman must not be held responsible for Alfred's death so the writers couldn't write him admitting that he was the one who sent Damian in making it his fault.
    I think what you have to consider in most of the books you listed is that those nice moments I think you're referring to were Bruce talking with other characters about Damian and not actual interactions with Damian. That's a difference. If someone is nice behind my back but not nice to me when I talk to them then that is not a good relationship.
    In Super Sons we get a direct comparison between Bruce and Clark and it does not look good for Bruce.

Bruce didn't actually talk to Damian in the Bat Burger scene, he adressed them as a group.
    The Batman issue where Bruce talks to Thomas was mainly written by Williamson and once again, it was Bruce saying those things to Thomas, not to Damian.
    The only thing Bruce said to Damian and just Damian in King's run was Bruce telling him he and the others don't make him happy.

I know DC has no interest in batdad, but that doesn't mean I can't call Bruce a bad father because of it. I'm not asking for much, I just want Bruce to take basic responsibility for the child he brought back to life. Which we will finally get in Robin, at least it sounds like it.

The Alfred situation is so funny to me. Or frustrating. I don't know. Like, they published the story in which Alfred died.
    And then they immediately tried their hardest not to talk about how it happened and why.

New 52 Bruce was a decent father and it seems like Infinite Frontier Bruce might be one once again.
    But Rebirth Bruce? Sorry, but no. You have to do more than put your hand on your sons shoulder a few times to count as a decent father, at least in my book.

Talia hasn't had that many lovers till King turned her into a Orgy Queen.

Yep we can add Bane to that long list.
    And even if she did, kinda feels like slutshaming. I don't see people make the same kind of jokes about Bruce whose list is way longer.

In a way, she's like a mother to them both. It would be great to see them talk to each other about their experiences with her. The only time in my recent memory, where their relationship was acknowledged by the other is when Damian thought Jason was Leviathan.
    Ugh, don't remind me of that story.
    Time for brainwashing.
    meme batman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I think what you have to consider in most of the books you listed is that those nice moments I think you're referring to were Bruce talking with other characters about Damian and not actual interactions with Damian. That's a difference. If someone is nice behind my back but not nice to me when I talk to them then that is not a good relationship.
    In Super Sons we get a direct comparison between Bruce and Clark and it does not look good for Bruce.

Bruce didn't actually talk to Damian in the Bat Burger scene, he adressed them as a group.
    The Batman issue where Bruce talks to Thomas was mainly written by Williamson and once again, it was Bruce saying those things to Thomas, not to Damian.
    The only thing Bruce said to Damian and just Damian in King's run was Bruce telling him he and the others don't make him happy.

I know DC has no interest in batdad, but that doesn't mean I can't call Bruce a bad father because of it. I'm not asking for much, I just want Bruce to take basic responsibility for the child he brought back to life. Which we will finally get in Robin, at least it sounds like it.

The Alfred situation is so funny to me. Or frustrating. I don't know. Like, they published the story in which Alfred died.
    And then they immediately tried their hardest not to talk about how it happened and why.

New 52 Bruce was a decent father and it seems like Infinite Frontier Bruce might be one once again.
    But Rebirth Bruce? Sorry, but no. You have to do more than put your hand on your sons shoulder a few times to count as a decent father, at least in my book.
    Sadly, this kind of trope is often glorified on media, even though I'm pretty sure if that thing happens in real life, only resulted on massive headache.
    About caring batdad on GA, does it means when Bruce asked Ollie to look over his son, then Ollie said that Bruce doesn't understand a damn about his own son?

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Sadly, this kind of trope is often glorified on media, even though I'm pretty sure if that thing happens in real life, only resulted on massive headache.
    About caring batdad on GA, does it means when Bruce asked Ollie to look over his son, then Ollie said that Bruce doesn't understand a damn about his own son?
    I think what those talks Bruce had with other characters about Damian in the Rebirth era prove is that Bruce loves Damian. I'm not saying he doesn't.
    But love alone does not make a good parent and in the case of Rebirth Bruce that love is not reflected in his parenting. He says he loves Damian and cares for him, but we don't see him spending time with him as father and son, he doesn't even do much when Damian choses to not come home anymore and to stop talking to him.

If you want a storyline that is all about a kid slowly turning into a villain you can't expect people not to ask themselves why the father isn't doing anything about it and get mad when they conclude that Bruce failed as a parent.
    If DC didn't want that then they shouldn't have tried to turn Damian evil in the first place.

Incredible Member

“Special Delivery” – Master of None writer Aniz Ansari makes his comic book debut with artist Sami Basri in this story featuring Robin (Damian Wayne). As Robin ponders about his heritage, he slowly discovers that something about this pizza place seems off…
    Is anyone else nervous about this story? The people know that Damian is not arab or muslim, right? Ra's is descended from Chinese nomads (or is he from Central Asia or Japan? but not arab) and Talia's mother is white (or mixed race, she's Arab and Chinese?)
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 04-06-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Is anyone else nervous about this story? The people know that Damian is not arab or muslim, right? Ra's is descended from Chinese nomads (or is he from Central Asia or Japan? but not arab) and Talia's mother is white (or mixed race, she's Arab and Chinese?)
    I wouldn't say nervous but I am...curious. We've seen before (especially in recent years) that Damian does occasionally embrace his Middle Eastern heritage. And the Chinese side has always seemed to be...mostly ignored by just about all the Al-Ghuls. So I'm definitely wondering what direction they're going in with this.