Page 58 of 259 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    No, I'm 99% percent sure this is Bruce as Batman. The page is supposed to be a little introduction for new readers who don't know Damian yet and Damian's brand is being the son of Batman. Williamson said something along the lines of "Son of Batman, Talia is his mom. He was in the Super Sons and Teen Titans. He had a falling out with Batman" when he talked about this page.
    Considering that this whole situation was mainly caused by his problems with Bruce it makes more sense to focus on that.

Not directly a response to your comment, more like something your post reminded me of, but I'm always a bit confused when I see huge fans of Dick as Batman and Damian as his Robin talk about the current situation as if Dick is the knight in shining armor who will rescue Damian the second he learns about Damian having gone rogue or being missing.

OK. Is Batman.

I did not saw any signal of the TT... Only him attacking Batman.

Grayson is more important in his life than Superkid.. He has been with him for Years. Surprised that he did not appeared here as nightwing...

When he gets a note from Damian asking him to mentor his former Teen Titans team he talks badly about Damian and does not try to find Damian.
    How sad. Fortunately I did not saw this.

Never said that Damian is his responsability.. Despite I am surprised to learn this watching how worried was Damian for him when Dick lost his memory even wanting revenge against KGBeast. Dick reaction is the opposite to what I was expecting.

It bothers me that they make Superkid more important than Damian mentor here.. The rest of old characters here(excluding those related with Slade&Flatline) are from the BATWORLD.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-06-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Fantastic Member

Another DC festival of heroes story with Damian in it.

“What’s in the Box?” – Cassandra Cain steps into the spotlight once more, but this time with Colin Wilkes, a.k.a. Abuse (who first appeared in Detective Comics #947, October 2008), courtesy of words and art by Dustin Nguyen. Abuse finds Batgirl sitting by a bridge, upset by a comment made by Damian Wayne.

Nice to see Collin back in the recent years.

But Holy Batcow, Damian what did you say to Cass to get her all upset.

They're definitely going to reconcile at the end, say sorry and be friends.

You know that makes me wonder, who's the people that Damian doesn't interact much in the Batfamily. He's interacted heavily with Alfred, Bruce, Dick, Tim, Steph, and Duke (Robin war counts right?). He rarely interacts with Babs and Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Is anyone else nervous about this story? The people know that Damian is not arab or muslim, right? Ra's is descended from Chinese nomads (or is he from Central Asia or Japan? but not arab) and Talia's mother is white (or mixed race, she's Arab and Chinese?)
    Both Talia and Ra's are kinda weird mixes of arab and chinese. Talia's mother wasn't white, she was also mixed chinese and arab like Ra's. The odds for all of that are not high, but it's canon.

So Damian is 1/2 white, 1/4 chinese and 1/4 arab. You're right that he's not muslim though.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    OK. Is Batman.

I did not saw any signal of the TT... Only him attacking Batman.

Grayson is more important in his life than Superkid.. He has been with him for Years. Surprised that he did not appeared here as nightwing...

How sad. Fortunately I did not saw this.

Never said that Damian is his responsability.. Despite I am surprised to learn this watching how worried was Damian for him when Dick lost his memory even wanting revenge against KGBeast. Dick reaction is the opposite to what I was expecting.

It bothers me that they make Superkid more important than Damian mentor here.. The rest of old characters here(excluding those related with Slade&Flatline) are from the BATWORLD.
    Jon has been more important in Damian's stories in recent years than Dick and him and Dick being Batman and Robin together ended a decade ago.
    If you just want to get people up to speed you can skip it, it's not relevant to where Damian is right now.
    That are his parents, these were the last two major books he was in, now he quit all of that and is in this book.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Another DC festival of heroes story with Damian in it.

“What’s in the Box?” – Cassandra Cain steps into the spotlight once more, but this time with Colin Wilkes, a.k.a. Abuse (who first appeared in Detective Comics #947, October 2008), courtesy of words and art by Dustin Nguyen. Abuse finds Batgirl sitting by a bridge, upset by a comment made by Damian Wayne.

Nice to see Collin back in the recent years.

But Holy Batcow, Damian what did you say to Cass to get her all upset.

They're definitely going to reconcile at the end, say sorry and be friends.

You know that makes me wonder, who's the people that Damian doesn't interact much in the Batfamily. He's interacted heavily with Alfred, Bruce, Dick, Tim, Steph, and Duke (Robin war counts right?). He rarely interacts with Babs and Cass.
    I think Babs has the rarest interaction with Damian. At least for Cass we have Gates of Gotham.

Jon has been more important in Damian's stories in recent years than Dick and him and Dick being Batman and Robin together ended a decade ago.
    If you just want to get people up to speed you can skip it, it's not relevant to where Damian is right now.
    That are his parents, these were the last two major books he was in, now he quit all of that and is in this book.
    While I don't hate Supersons like the other person, I kinda understand their point. The book is called Robin and the star is Damian. Although already a decade ago, who gave Robin title to Damian? Dick. I think it's quite strange to not have Dick on a panel that was supposed to summarize Damian's journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    While I don't hate Supersons like the other person, I kinda understand their point. The book is called Robin and the star is Damian. Although already a decade ago, who gave Robin title to Damian? Dick. I think it's quite strange to not have Dick on a panel that was supposed to summarize Damian's journey.
    It doesn't summarize his journey. It gets new people up to speed about where he is now, so recent events.
    Dick didn't play a role in this.

It doesn't summarize his journey. It gets new people up to speed about where he is now, so recent events.
    Dick didn't play a role in this.

Literally only Damian punching Batman is the recent event. The other is clearly Damian and Bruce's first met, which is way earlier that Dickbats. Without Dick and Damian's picture, people can easily be mistaken as if Bruce is the one who took him in and made him Robin.
    Also Jon didn't play a role in Damian's recent development just like Dick. At least Dick is one of factors Damian felt angry at Bruce and almost stepped over the no-killing rule, Damian almost killed KGBeast for Dick and included his amnesia accident as one of Bruce's failures.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-07-2021 at 01:43 AM.

Literally only Damian punching Batman is the recent event. The other is clearly Damian and Bruce's first met, which is way earlier that Dickbats. Without Dick and Damian's picture, people can easily be mistaken as if Bruce is the one who took him in and made him Robin.
    Also Jon didn't play a role in Damian's recent development just like Dick. At least Dick is one of factors Damian felt angry at Bruce and almost stepped over the no-killing rule, Damian almost killed KGBeast for Dick and included his amnesia accident as one of Bruce's failures.
    I already explained this. The page is supposed to get you up to speed to where he is now.
    He's the son of Batman, so you have a flashback to that arc.
    His two most recent books have been Super Sons and Teen Titans. That is just a fact.
    Dick being Batman for one year and making him Robin is not important for this book. It doesn't matter.
    Yeah, they made Damian angry about Dick getting shot over a year after it happened. And then promptly forgot about it again and made it all about Damian being sad about Alfred.

I already explained this. The page is supposed to get you up to speed to where he is now.
    He's the son of Batman, so you have a flashback to that arc.
    His two most recent books have been Super Sons and Teen Titans. That is just a fact.
    Dick being Batman for one year and making him Robin is not important for this book. It doesn't matter.
    Yeah, they made Damian angry about Dick getting shot over a year after it happened. And then promptly forgot about it again and made it all about Damian being sad about Alfred.
    The point is it should. This book is literally called Robin not Son of Batman. For me, it truly matters that Dick should get acknowledged as the person who gave him Robin title. And since they use the punch scene, it can be noted that while Tomasi's arc made it all about Alfred, one of the reasons Damian punched Bruce is that Bruce failed to stop Dick's shooting incident. Just like I said, people who don't know anything about Damian and look at that panel, it shows as if Damian got Robin title from Bruce. For some people maybe the fact that Dick is the one who gave Damian Robin title is not important as long as Damian is Robin, but you can't blame Dickbats Damian fans to frown at the lack of that scene in a panel that supposed to explain Damian as Robin.

The point is it should. This book is literally called Robin not Son of Batman. For me, it truly matters that Dick should get acknowledged as the person who gave him Robin title. And since they use the punch scene, it can be noted that while Tomasi's arc made it all about Alfred, one of the reasons Damian punched Bruce is that Bruce failed to stop Dick's shooting incident. Just like I said, people who don't know anything about Damian and look at that panel, it shows as if Damian got Robin title from Bruce. For some people maybe the fact that Dick is the one who gave Damian Robin title is not important as long as Damian is Robin, but you can't blame Dickbats Damian fans to frown at the lack of that scene in a panel that supposed to explain Damian as Robin.
    If you want to be mad about this fine. I don't think including Dick in this is necessary. For me this happened a decade ago and has basically nothing to do with where Damian is now.
    This a page explaining who Damian is and where he recently showed up in.
    Bye.

If you want to be mad about this fine. I don't think including Dick in this is necessary. For me this happened a decade ago and has basically nothing to do with where Damian is now.
    This a page explaining who Damian is and where he recently showed up in.
    Bye.
    I GREATLY disagree with that point and who is Damian on that book? Robin.
    But well, I see that we have different point of view.

By the way, have this thread posted about potential Ra's interaction with Damian? I don't know how to think about it, for me problem between Ra's and Damian is beyond Ra's doomed the world in an attempt to save it, and he wanted Damian to be his (another) successor. Ra's literally wanted to take over Damian's body in Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-07-2021 at 03:27 AM.

They have a point, Dick is why Damian is Robin. So to say he has nothing to do with where Damian is now isn’t really true as long as he’s still called Robin. Its why he’s called Robin, it’s why he was on TTs, etc, etc. Even just on the basis that Robin is Dick’s legacy there’s relevance. But that image just leans on that Damian is Batman’s son, and that Damian’s now rejecting Batman, but really what Damian is now also doing is rejecting continuing to follow what Dick did.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-07-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I agree, give it time I’m sure it will come up

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Yeah Dick should have been on the cover. Bruce is his dad but Dick is the one who took him in, made him family, gave him Robin and showed him that there's such a thing as unconditional love.

Dick is the one who acts more like a care giver and adult in charge. it's a shame that DC put on Jon and not Dick. I hope that Williamson understands the importance of Dick to Damian cos I want to see some interaction in this series.