Page 72 of 259 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    The topic wasn't about Tim getting revenge, though he's completely justified to want payback on the little Brucey.

Never said Damian was an outlier, Tim just deserved it more. There's a difference between needing and deserving. Tim became Robin because Bruce needed it. He was a levelheaded kid with a sense of duty. Dick made Damian Robin because the kid needed it. He was a spoiled assassin who needed to mature into a hero.
    Tim wasn't in need of saving
    Tim wasn't heading down a dark path
    Bruce needed a costumed Kid to be responsible for his mental health? Fine but that's not what the function of Robin is nor was it why the mantle was created in the 1st place.

Robin has very well defined function when it was created.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Bruce needed a costumed Kid to be responsible for his mental health? Fine but that's not what the function of Robin is nor was it why the mantle was created in the 1st place.

Isn't it fair to say the Robin mantle evolved over time?

Yeah, Damian needed it. Tim just deserved it more.

Tim fit the notion that "Batman needs a Robin" which is a tribute to his sense of duty and inherent goodness. Damian is Jason Todd with even more angry issues and a tendency to act spoiled, which is why Dick took him in and made him into a hero.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 04-26-2021 at 11:35 AM.

To defend Tim, he recognized that Batman needs a Robin in order to balance and ground him. Tim actually tracked down Dick to try and convince him to become Robin again because Tim noticed Batman was getting reckless and sloppy after the death of Jason. He didn't desire being Robin, he simply recognized the need for a Robin, but he was the one that ultimately answered the call of duty, for lack of a better word, when the need arose.

The reason Dick made Damian Robin over Tim was two-fold. One, Damian needed guidance and what better guidance than under the wing of Dick's new role as Batman. Two, Dick and Tim's relationship is one of equals. They bonded as Nightwing and Robin, as brothers. By becoming Batman, Dick became the de facto patriarch of the Batfamily and keeping Tim as his Robin would've been disrespectful because the relationship between Batman, the superior, and Robin, the subordinate, is an inherently unequal one.

Damian, being brand new to the Batfamily, thought his rightful place was by Batman's side as his heir and that place comes in the form of the mantle of Robin. Damian was very narrow-minded when he was first introduced so he was unaware of the specific dynamics in the Batfamily. If Batman is the king, then Robin is the prince, and Damian in his mind was very much the next in line to his father's crown so he was simply taking his rightful place at his father's side.

Yeah, Damian needed it. Tim just deserved it more.

Tim fit the notion that "Batman needs a Robin" which is a tribute to his sense of duty and inherent goodness. Damian is Jason Todd with even more angry issues and a tendency to act spoiled.
    None of that matters what matters is that the one who gets to decide who is deserving of continuing the his legacy is the one who created that legacy and that is Dick Grayson and he passed it onto Damian.

Bruce came back and he also saw and voiced what good work Dick and damian were doing as batman and Robin and he asked them to carry on.

And that is canon mate.

Bruce and the owner of Robin felt damian deserved it. heck even after he quit Bruce is still trying to get him to Robin.

None of that matters what matters is that the one who gets to decide who is deserving of continuing the his legacy is the one who created that legacy and that is Dick Grayson and he passed it onto Damian.

Bruce came back and he also saw and voiced what good work Dick and damian were doing as batman and Robin and he asked them to carry on.

And that is canon mate.

Bruce and the owner of Robin felt damian deserved it. heck even after he quit Bruce is still trying to get him to Robin.
    I see the problem, you're thinking I'm trying to say Damian shouldn't be Robin. No, Damian should be Robin. Tim just deserved the role more comparatively. Damian needed it more.

And that is canon mate.

Bruce chose Jason but Dick eventually felt he could be Robin and didn't make too much of a stink of it.

Tim wanted it to be Dick again but ended up doing it himself and eventually got the approval of both Dick and Bruce.

I think Dick and Bruce both have valid say in who can be Robin.
    I see the problem, you're thinking I'm trying to say Damian shouldn't be Robin. No, Damian should be Robin. Tim just deserved the role more comparatively. Damian needed it more.
    I mean, it's just two entirely different situations I don't think are worth comparing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean, it's just two entirely different situations I don't think are worth comparing.
    Tell that to Bakugo. He did it first saying, "Unlike Tim Damian didn't get his demand's met within days." Which is, like... Yes, of course. Batman and Son details perfectly why his demands weren't met.

That's not the point. You tried to act like there was a double standard for Damian and that he resigned himself like a good little kid. He assaulted Tim when he found out he was Robin, tried to forcefully take the mantle, and was instead forced to wait his turn.
    that is the point.

Plz don't try to tell me how I'm trying to act whatever that means. my comment simply agreed that Damian did demand Robin but I also reminded forgetful people that that's not why he got the mantle in the end.

The double standard bit is ref he's not the 1st kid with moxy to barge in and tell Bruce how to run his operation.

Tell that to Bakugo. He did it first saying, "Unlike Tim Damian didn't get his demand's met within days." Which is, like... Yes, of course. Batman and Son details perfectly why his demands weren't met.
    Does that make Tim Deku ?
    that is the point.

Plz don't try to tell me how I'm trying to act whatever that means. my comment simply agreed that Damian did demand Robin but I also reminded forgetful people that that's not why he got the mantle in the end.

The double standard bit is ref he's not the 1st kid with moxy to barge in and tell Bruce how to run his operation.
    But that also doesn't justify Damian's behavior when he was first introduced.

that is the point.

There's no double standard, Damian assaulted Tim unprovoked and brought a severed head into the Batcave. Tim was just looking to help Dick go back to Robin! He didn't even want to join the operation.

Every Robin has their own circumstances. It's what makes them unique.

Every Robin has their own circumstances. It's what makes them unique.
    Except the We Are Robin kids.

Except the We Are Robin kids.
    Well, that's a whole 'nother can of worms...

Bruce chose Jason but Dick eventually felt he could be Robin and didn't make too much of a stink of it.

Tim wanted it to be Dick again but ended up doing it himself and eventually got the approval of both Dick and Bruce.

I think Dick and Bruce both have valid say in who can be Robin.

No Bruce and Dick don't have equal say in who gets to be Robin. Bruce gets to decide who his sidekick is. Dick Grayson gets to decide who carries his legacy.

Dick's actions like I said before are what made Robin the Hero that he is. Tim drake admired Robin and respects the role not because of Bruce but because of Dick Grayson and the good he did in the position. 100% Dick sweat, blood and hardwork