Page 73 of 259 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No Bruce and Dick don't have equal say in who gets to be Robin. Bruce gets to decide who his sidekick is. Dick Grayson gets to decide who carries his legacy.

Dick's actions like I said before are what made Robin the Hero that he is. Tim drake admired Robin and respects the role not because of Bruce but because of Dick Grayson and the good he did in the position. 100% Dick sweat, blood and hardwork
    Haha, I see what you did there. Bruce does have equal say, though, he made Jason Robin.

No Bruce and Dick don't have equal say in who gets to be Robin. Bruce gets to decide who his sidekick is. Dick Grayson gets to decide who carries his legacy.

Dick's actions like I said before are what made Robin the Hero that he is. Tim drake admired Robin and respects the role not because of Bruce but because of Dick Grayson and the good he did in the position. 100% Dick sweat, blood and hardwork
    I mean, both of those end up being Robin though.

Dick set the precedent for what the mantle is meant to do that is carried by all the subsequent Robins, and every one of them have done justice to that mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's a whole 'nother can of worms...
    Alfred is a dangerous old man however I that Duke flat admits looking up to the legend the 1st Dick Grayson

Dick set the precedent for what the mantle is meant to do that is carried by all the subsequent Robins, and every one of them have done justice to that mantle.
    Jace Fox has more say than both of them. Lucius bought the trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jace Fox has more say than both of them. Lucius bought the trademark.
    It all comes down to corporations .

But Dick could have made a stink. I doubt that if Dick flat out rejected and made ot clear that he did not want Jason calling himself Robin that Bruce would have gone along. Jason would likely have just taken another name.

Everyone of them have done good work in the role but it is still Dick's legacy.

As illustrated in Bb where Matt was given the go ahead to be Robin but Dick put his down and retired the mantle after Joker attacked matt.

Bruce gave it and Dick took it away and Bruce accepted his decision.

But Dick could have made a stink. I doubt that if Dick flat out rejected and made ot clear that he did not want Jason calling himself Robin that Bruce would have gone along. Jason would likely have just taken another name.

Everyone of them have done good work in the role but it is still Dick's legacy.

As illustrated in Bb where Matt was given the go ahead to be Robin but Dick put his down and retired the mantle after Joker attacked matt.

Bruce gave it and Dick took it away and Bruce accepted his decision.
    I mean, I think accepting Jason is Dick admitting Bruce some degree of control over making someone Robin, like how Bruce and Babs made Cass Batgirl.

I guess we've never seen an instance of them vehemently disagreeing over who Robin should be.

It all comes down to corporations .
    Damian's gonna be really disappointed when he finds out he can't live in a mansion anymore.

There's no double standard, Damian assaulted Tim unprovoked and brought a severed head into the Batcave. Tim was just looking to help Dick go back to Robin! He didn't even want to join the operation.
    Damian brought a severed head with a grenade into the Batcave and I'm just going to highlight the comment that you ignored

tThe double standard bit is ref he's not the 1st kid with moxy to barge in and tell Bruce how to run his operation

Damian's gonna be really disappointed when he finds out he can't live in a mansion anymore.
    I think Damian can enjoy being a ronin...

Somehow I don't think that'll be a problem. Damian can deal with a Spartan lifestyle but if Gotham's made him go soft we've seen the kid donate 2 million to a shelter, pay Slade 5mil to F**k Off and stop hassling his travel companion.

He can buy his own mansion.

Surprised he didn't sell his private Island to save his father's finances.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-26-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Damian brought a severed head with a grenade into the Batcave and I'm just going to highlight the comment that you ignored

tThe double standard bit is ref he's not the 1st kid with moxy to barge in and tell Bruce how to run his operation
    I didn't know we were calling attempted homicide moxy nowadays. You kids these days. Always inventing new slang!

I see the problem, you're thinking I'm trying to say Damian shouldn't be Robin. No, Damian should be Robin. Tim just deserved the role more comparatively. Damian needed it more.
    No I get what you are saying. I'm just saying that you are wrong.

I didn't know we were calling attempted homicide moxy nowadays. You kids these days. Always inventing new slang!
    Get with the Times

No I get what you are saying. I'm just saying that you are wrong.
    I'm not, though, Damian didn't deserve to be Robin. That's why Dick had to make the choice and not Bruce. Like, saying the kid who tried to kill Tim Drake deserves to be Robin, in that moment, deserves to be Robin compared to the Tim Drake who tried to save Batman can be classified as the most obvious bias ever, dude.