Page 8 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Completely agree, Damian hands down would make the best Batman of the three. He's not only the most driven, his motivation would keep him at the max height mentally while I feel Tim and Dick would get clouded by things outside the mission. Damian is the only one out of the boys I feel could match Bruce, or surpass him in productivity when all fields are considered. Tim, Jason, and Dick might do some things better, but Damian as the full package to me would be the most effective.
    Yeah i think a lot of times people forget just how young he is relative to his skill leve4l, accomplishments and just what he undertakes.

Of the Robins I think Dick also did a lot when he was young/pre teen.

Talia by Gleb

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I think it was both. While he said that Damian would make the best Batman, he also said that Damian was batman without the empathy.

I think Damian will make the best Batman
    Dick is the best hero
    Tim is the dark horse and potential the most deadly.
    I agree with the last 3 statements.
    Timmy being the dark horse with the potential to be the most dangerous [I don't think he's the most deadly that would be Damian] is mostly due to him being somewhat detached with a tendency to touch the darkness.

Fans forget that

Dick is another that fan forget has a temper and totally would go ham when pissed

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I agree with the last 3 statements.
    Timmy being the dark horse with the potential to be the most dangerous [I don't think he's the most deadly that would be Damian] is mostly due to him being somewhat detached with a tendency to touch the darkness.

Fans forget that

Dick is another that fan forget has a temper and totally would go ham when pissed
    I actually agree with Fergus here. From what we've seen from potential futures as each 'Robin' taking over the mantel Tim has been the one that has gone completely out of pocket. From a physical standpoint/battle skills, Damian is easily the superior when full potential is measured. I feel a Damian Batman would be more like Bruce, except one who may be tempted or who would not mind pushing or crossing lines Bruce would never. Tim/Batman is more of a game of chess in the way he operates, fully seen by the dictatorship that was on display. All the more reason Damian would be better suited for the role, I don't believe he would go that far, at least not in that direction.

Talia by Gleb
    I'm here for Talia kicking some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm here for Talia kicking some ass.
    Me too Between this and Deathmetal 7's end tease I hope there's good things on the horizon for her

I actually agree with Fergus here. From what we've seen from potential futures as each 'Robin' taking over the mantel Tim has been the one that has gone completely out of pocket. From a physical standpoint/battle skills, Damian is easily the superior when full potential is measured. I feel a Damian Batman would be more like Bruce, except one who may be tempted or who would not mind pushing or crossing lines Bruce would never. Tim/Batman is more of a game of chess in the way he operates, fully seen by the dictatorship that was on display. All the more reason Damian would be better suited for the role, I don't believe he would go that far, at least not in that direction.
    Damian's superiority isn't just physical. mentally and in other areas as well. He's skill sets is astonishing.
    I felt it was a nice touch Tynion highlighting Tim tendencies like cheating to compensate for his short comings.
    like when he fought Shiva - poising her before hand parallel with Tim blowing up a building because he was inferior to Damian in physical combat. So I guess that might be considered chess playing.

Tim it turns out isn't a good chess player. He should have researched how to kill an immortal like Damian [Hurt explained how] rather than blowing up Gotham Central. Lord knows how many people died in that.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-10-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Damian's superiority isn't just physical. mentally and in other areas as well. He's skill sets is astonishing.
    I felt it was a nice touch Tynion highlighting Tim tendencies like cheating to compensate for his short comings.
    like when he fought Shiva - poising her before hand parallel with Tim blowing up a building because he was inferior to Damian in physical combat. So I guess that might be considered chess playing.

Tim it turns out isn't a good chess player. He should have researched how to kill an immortal like Damian [Hurt explained how] rather than blowing up Gotham Central. Lord knows how many people died in that.
    Tim's way of thinking, by chess/ I mean he is less direct in his approaches than Damian. He'll set something up and let all the chips fall into place like a domino affect.

More so than anything they have done as Robin, I look at their future Batman interpretations. Bat-Damian overall has been shown to be the more skillful one, while Bat-Tim has shown to be the more dangerous; simply because of how far he has shown he will go. We have not seen that from any version of Bat-Damian that has gone to such extreme lengths to try and gain control of the playing field, thus why I'd give the edge to Tim in that regard.

Now let's say we got a future Bat-Damian that lost his way and possibly involved the LoA in his quest, then we could be talking an entirely different game.

Tim's way of thinking, by chess/ I mean he is less direct in his approaches than Damian. He'll set something up and let all the chips fall into place like a domino affect.

More so than anything they have done as Robin, I look at their future Batman interpretations. Bat-Damian overall has been shown to be the more skillful one, while Bat-Tim has shown to be the more dangerous; simply because of how far he has shown he will go. We have not seen that from any version of Bat-Damian that has gone to such extreme lengths to try and gain control of the playing field, thus why I'd give the edge to Tim in that regard.

Now let's say we got a future Bat-Damian that lost his way and possibly involved the LoA in his quest, then we could be talking an entirely different game.
    Tim failed in his attempts to gain control of the playing field which was why he was forced to time travel.

He failed in his attempt to kill off the threat that was teen Damian and the only other time's we saw that world there were 2 batmen [Tim and Damian though Tim then died]

Tim tried to play chess but he failed.
    Becoming a dictator isn't what I would call playing chess. Setting up traps around Gotham to ensure victory [666], researching your enemy before hand and have plans for taking them down [future Tim did and didn't do this] that is chess playing.

An attempted fascist regime isn't.

I do agree that Tim is more Dangerous

Jorge Jimenze keeps talking about animated Supersons I hope someone is listening. That is my big wish for Damian. An anime with the two bros
    First time listening about him, I would love!

I have a thought about Damian-Tim as Batman.

Tim wants to be Batman because he always admired him as Gotham Knight; Damian wants to be Batman because he is his father.
    So Tim choose Batman among all the other heroes, but Damian probably would to become another hero if his father had another identity.

So I still like Tim being Batman and Damian finding another path.
    ***but still think he is perfect in DCeased and when Bruce was out of Gotham and he use a Batman ugly-cute uniform <333

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post

Tim wants to be Batman because he always admired him as Gotham Knight; Damian wants to be Batman because he is his father.
    So Tim choose Batman among all the other heroes, but Damian probably would to become another hero if his father had another identity.

***but still think he is perfect in DCeased and when Bruce was out of Gotham and he use a Batman ugly-cute uniform <333
    I completely agree about this. Damian's journey so far largely were influenced by his family and his blood. I want him to carve his own path away from Bruce's and Talia's expectation (even though I think he's still to young for that). That's why when I see 'Demon or Detective' title I just raised my eyebrow.
    Damian is both but I want him to be neither.

Tim failed in his attempts to gain control of the playing field which was why he was forced to time travel.

He failed in his attempt to kill off the threat that was teen Damian and the only other time's we saw that world there were 2 batmen [Tim and Damian though Tim then died]

Tim tried to play chess but he failed.
    Becoming a dictator isn't what I would call playing chess. Setting up traps around Gotham to ensure victory [666], researching your enemy before hand and have plans for taking them down [future Tim did and didn't do this] that is chess playing.

An attempted fascist regime isn't.

I do agree that Tim is more Dangerous
    Future Tim was in control of things in that version of Gotham, him being teleported away was against his will. The whole time travel bit was to try and change the past to alter the present.

It's not just being a dictator, but rather his process behind controlling things like we saw from him. The wide range surveillance he had set up being part of that.

Both future versions of Tim/Damian are schemers, and both showed to do their homework when it comes to taking down someone who may oppose them. Tim just showed to push the envelope a little further when trying to get what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I completely agree about this. Damian's journey so far largely were influenced by his family and his blood. I want him to carve his own path away from Bruce's and Talia's expectation (even though I think he's still to young for that). That's why when I see 'Demon or Detective' title I just raised my eyebrow.
    Damian is both but I want him to be neither.
    Can't change what you are. He can still be both and forge a great path of his own. The kid has great ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post

Tim definitely doesn't want to become Batman, in his mind if anyone should take over he'd elect Dick in a heart beat.

You're pretty spot on in regards to Damian. It's definitely a pride thing, a motivation that presses him to keep grinding