Page 81 of 259 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    This is entertaining, ngl.
    I'm just looking for some originality. A new identity for Damian to develop into, if he ever wanted to. I'd have no problem with him staying Robin as an adult like Earth-Two Dick Grayson. I just thought we all knew that Batman wasn't in Damian's path after Jace was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm just looking for some originality. A new identity for Damian to develop into, if he ever wanted to. I'd have no problem with him staying Robin as an adult like Earth-Two Dick Grayson. I just thought we all knew that Batman wasn't in Damian's path after Jace was introduced.
    I mean theoretically Jace is 27 and Damian's 14, at some point if Jace did just take over for Bruce nothing is stopping Damian from suiting up like Jace is or that he takes over for Jace once he retires.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean theoretically Jace is 27 and Damian's 14, at some point if Jace did just take over for Bruce nothing is stopping Damian from suiting up like Jace is or that he takes over for Jace once he retires.
    Using Future State as a guideline, Jace was still Batman well into 2040. By that point, I don't think it'd go to Damian, probably someone new. And I'm not really convinced Jace is 27 until it's stated, I think they could be rounding up the years.

You know, I actually wanna agree with you on that. I honestly wanted Damian to grow on his own, and see that Batman isn't all it's cut out to be. Idc what he becomes next, but he should honestly practice what he preached to his cousin.

tumblr_oqegwdyok21smb66mo2_r1_500.jpg
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Using Future State as a guideline, Jace was still Batman well into 2040. By that point, I don't think it'd go to Damian, probably someone new. And I'm not really convinced Jace is 27 until it's stated, I think they could be rounding up the years.
    I mean the incident was on his 17th birthday, and he was gone for 10 years or so right? That would make him 27 now, and in 2040 that would make him 46 and Damian would be 33.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean the incident was on his 17th birthday, and he was gone for 10 years or so right? That would make him 27 now, and in 2040 that would make him 46 and Damian would be 33.
    Yeah, like I said, I'm not convinced that they weren't rounding up.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not convinced that they weren't rounding up.
    Fair enough, I have my own personal doubts on the future state timeline, no way was Jace nearly 50 in Justice League with how he looked and then in comparison with other characters like Jon, Jo, and Andy. I mean come on in present day, Jon is 17, Yara is at least what 18, Jo is in her 20's, Andy is a baby, and Jess has yet to appear. So something is fishy in that timeline.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-27-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    Words to live by.

Oh, what a stupid discussion this is lol. Just for the record, I don't think Damian should become Batman in the future, but that's just my opinion, of course.

Anyway, I don't think that Jace being The Next Batman actually stops other characters from becoming Batman in the future. There's years and years of other characters becoming Batman temporarily, alternate futures and all. And I know Jace is different, of course, but that doesn't mean that's going to stop. And if Jace and Bruce will be Batman at the same time, what stops someone else from being Batman with Jace in the future, also at the same time? It doesn’t, because DC wants money.
    Last edited by the1&onlyE.; 04-27-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Using Future State as a guideline
    What for? They themselves said that this is not part of the main continuity.
    Given the sales of Second Son, I have my doubts that Jace as Batman will be on the same level as Bruce, and that goes for everyone else. The main one is Bruce, he's the Batman, that's all.
    And it's amusing to think, that Damian can become Batman in main continuity, considering how "fast" he's growing up.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-27-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    What for? They themselves said that this is not part of the main continuity.
    Because Future State is a possible future of the current main continuity. So it shows that Jace can continue to be Batman into the 2040s.

Got around to reading the first issue. Loved it.

spoilers:
    Of course Damian goes and makes a complete ass out of himself in front of a whole island full of people. He wouldn't be him if he didn't.

Just didn't expect the ensuing ass whooping to be THAT bad. Dude entered a Mortal Kombat tournament and ended up being the first one to get fatality'd lol. Obviously Punchline didn't actually rip his heart out so I'm wondering what really happened.
    end of spoilers

I guess we've still got that Redbird identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess we've still got that Redbird identity?
    That could definitely work. But what is it with Batman, Inc. identities being named after vehicles? Batwing is Batman's plane and Redbird is Tim Drake's car.

That could definitely work. But what is it with Batman, Inc. identities being named after vehicles? Batwing is Batman's plane and Redbird is Tim Drake's car.
    Cool names are cool names ?

John Ridley has already confirmed that The Next Batman is permanent, so no. Again, what else? Jon already has a Batman.
    PERMANENT... Hahahahahahaa.. When the fans Miss Bruce the other one will FALL alongside his comics sales.

Not everyone can be DICK GRAYSON that fans would allow him to be Batman some years.

In Future State, Jon's Justice League has Jace on it, not Damian. Jace is the Batman to his Superman. That's all.
    Future State is 2021 version of FUTURE ENDS.. Nobody will remember it in few years..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-27-2021 at 12:10 PM.