Page 84 of 259 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Am I the only one who is extremely tired of the discussion of who Damian should become? He's too young to be Batman or to be the demon's head (which is dumb anyway. He tried turning them into a force of good in Beyond. They tried to kill him. You can use their money for good, that's it) and if there is no magical age up involved this will be the case for a long, long time. If not forever.
    I think he's too young to get a new identity too. DC has already problems letting Tim turn into a young adult with his unique identity, until they have found out what they want to do with him Damian should simply be allowed to be Robin in peace for once.
    I like the idea of Damian being Robin, but just if they do an script where he has a health relationship with Bruce/another mentor/partners (happened in the begin and actually with Jon);
    I also like him founding a new identity, this Grey Ghost sounds cool, but don't match so much with Damian's posture, I think;
    My favorite idea is still flame bird with Dick, but I think it is out of menu.

What I don't like is how the characters have no evolution learning with mistakes, Damian is like Naruto saying in loud voice he is going to become Hokage and being completely impulsive, what brings problems he can't deal with, he should be more smart than that...

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I mean, yeah, but will he be Robin forever? Compare it to Conner Kent, he didn't stay alive forever. DC replaced him with Jon for years. For now, Damian is Robin again, which is cool. But a decade down the line, he might not be. So it's fun to speculate on his identity what that time comes. He'll probably never be Batman, but he can still mature.
    In ten years the DC universe might look completely different. So what is the point of speculating about this based on current events.
    Not sure to which degree he can actually mature. It will still take a long time for him to turn 16-18.
    In Robin #1 he's back to his old "telling everyone how great he is and who he is related to" ways and Williamson will put him through the wringer to "humble" him. Which is basically every Damian story ever. And I'm willing to bet we will start at that point all over again once the next writer takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I like the idea of Damian being Robin, but just if they do an script where he has a health relationship with Bruce/another mentor/partners (happened in the begin and actually with Jon);
    I also like him founding a new identity, this Grey Ghost sounds cool, but don't match so much with Damian's posture, I think;

What I don't like is how the characters have no evolution learning with mistakes, Damian is like Naruto saying in loud voice he is going to become Hokage and being completely impulsive, what brings problems he can't deal with, he should be more smart than that...
    The name Flamebird will always sound stupid to me, so I can't say I'm a fan.

To some degree it's normal that characters in comics have to regress, because their story never ends. But yeah, I think they are overdoing it with Damian. If you've seen the same arc for a character play out three times only for it to not matter in the next book you start to wonder why you're still supposed to be invested in that particular character developement.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Hahahahaha.

You have another Skyrim fan here. I liked that game a lot. Despite it was frustating not have more THALMOR story..

I know what happened between them and the Empire but.. I wanted at least force them to leave Skyrim.
    Mods my friend. Someone on the skyrim nexus released a great war mod, and it was decent. Just more high elves to kill (although it was tough, died a couple times.) There's even mods that revamp the Civil War, you can recruit Giants!

Btw, which side did you choose in the civil war? Coz Ulfric is against the Thalmor, but he's quite racist. Even though I played as a Nord - I didn't like that (even though they're the most racist race around XD)

Elder Scrolls 6 should be around relatively soon, so you should find out what happened to them there.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Same. It's fun to speculate, but leave the characters be. If you're that eager, make a headcanon and move on.
    Or a fanfic, doesn't really matter. What DC says, goes. They just need to figure out where their characters are heading.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

I think Damian's still got a long while of Robin left in him.

I think a better question is if we'll see Batman and Robin as a team again in the next few years.

In ten years the DC universe might look completely different. So what is the point of speculating about this based on current events.
    Not sure to which degree he can actually mature. It will still take a long time for him to turn 16-18.
    In Robin #1 he's back to his old "telling everyone how great he is and who he is related to" ways and Williamson will put him through the wringer to "humble" him. Which is basically every Damian story ever. And I'm willing to bet we will start at that point all over again once the next writer takes over.
    I'm tired of the same old story, too, but I think I think it's part of a pattern inadvertently created by writers who are unable to quite grasp the intricacies and nuances of his character. Whenever Damian "regresses" or his arrogance flairs up again, it's because he's faced with a new and unfamiliar situation. In Ben Percy's TT, it's because it's his first time running a team with all new people he's unfamiliar with. In today's issue, he's participating in a tournament run by a group he should be aware, but was kept from him. Even Super Sons, when not only is he interacting with someone his own age, but someone that can actually put up with him long enough for him to lower his guard.

I won't go so far as to sayhis bravado is a defense mechanism, but it certainly is a default for him when faced with something he hasn't faced before.
    Last edited by garazza; 04-27-2021 at 09:52 PM.

Unfortunately, that's what people do.

Basing things of current events gave us the Sequel Trilogy for Star Wars. So, yeah... maybe doing that is not such a good idea - but hey, what's the worst that could happen to DC?

He did say this takes inspiration from shounen, so expect Damian to get the crap beat out of him and then pull through when he's near death. Also, the power of friendship should play a factor. Also, as they showed us, Damian has a collection of various "Plot Armors" he can wear XD.

Should be a good run though, shonen sells - and that's what DC cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think a better question is if we'll see Batman and Robin as a team again in the next few years.
    This is the most valid question I've seen in a while. I'd say yes. Bruce and Damian need to bond both as heroes and as a family. This Robin series is about getting Damian onto the Hero's path again, but he still needs guidance.

Bruce needs to step up and power through all of Damian's rage and bluster and be a responsible parent. I know Batdad isn't what most fans would want, but that doesn't mean DC should just gloss over it like the last few years. We've seen how that's effected Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post

Heh, yeah I see what you mean. Honestly I didn't even realize how similar those two are. "I am Damian Wayne, and I am going to become Batman! Believe it, Drake!"

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Don't we have upcoming Robin and Batman books? I think we can see Batman and Robin as a team again sooner than we thought. The question is, which Robin? Tim hasn't changed his Robin costume and I have no idea what to call him now. Other solicits also didn't mention Tim's hero name.

I remember Williamson said that Damian will be off Batman's grid for like 8 issues, so 8 months.

(By the way, that...story...from the latest Batman Black and White doesn't count. spoilers:
    whoever wrote that issue, how old do you think Damian is?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-27-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I'm tired of the same old story, too, but I think I think it's part of a pattern inadvertently created by writers who are unable to quite grasp the intricacies and nuances of his character. Whenever Damian "regresses" or his arrogance flairs up again, it's because he's faced with a new and unfamiliar situation. In Ben Percy's TT, it's because it's his first time running a team with all new people he's unfamiliar with. In today's issue, he's participating in a tournament run by a group he should be aware, but was kept from him. Even Super Sons, when not only is he interacting with someone his own age, but someone that can actually put up with him long enough for him to lower his guard.

I won't go so far as to sayhis bravado is a defense mechanism, but it certainly is a default for him when faced with something he hasn't faced before.
    I get that this can simply be seen as Damian's go to reaction to new people, but since DC keeps forgetting all about his previous relationships the second he's in a new book it's just beginning to feel lke Damian is stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    This is the most valid question I've seen in a while. I'd say yes. Bruce and Damian need to bond both as heroes and as a family. This Robin series is about getting Damian onto the Hero's path again, but he still needs guidance.

Bruce needs to step up and power through all of Damian's rage and bluster and be a responsible parent. I know Batdad isn't what most fans would want, but that doesn't mean DC should just gloss over it like the last few years. We've seen how that's effected Damian.
    I can't respect a hero who neglects his kids, so making Bruce a better parent again is actually pretty important to make me like Batman again.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Don't we have upcoming Robin and Batman books? I think we can see Batman and Robin as a team again sooner than we thought. The question is, which Robin? Tim hasn't changed his Robin costume and I have no idea what to call him now. Other solicits also didn't mention Tim's hero name.

I remember Williamson said that Damian will be off Batman's grid for like 8 issues, so 8 months.

(By the way, that...story...from the latest Batman Black and White doesn't count. spoilers:
    whoever wrote that issue, how old do you think Damian is?
    end of spoilers
    Do you mean that "Robin and Batman" book they teased a few weeks ago.
    I'm still wondering if that's just going to be an, probably out of continuity, anthology for stories about all the different Batman and Robin teams.
    Tynion said he knew nothing about it when someone asked him and since he's the main Batman writer and a huge Tim fan I would assume he would know about it if it was canon and involved Tim as a main character.

Williamson said we can expect Robin to cross over with Batman around the end of the year.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 04-27-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Just read the scans for Robin #1 and, it was pretty good.

Really liking the way things are going. They did say they'd explain why the big names aren't there for the tournament, but to namedrop Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva in one panel was surprising.

All in all, it stays consistent with Damian's attitude and overconfidence. And from here we'll hopefully see him grow. I know he's done this whole cycle already and to reset his development kinda sucks, but I like it this way.

A clean slate, and a new beginning.

Also, Black and White was fun. It looks like it's supposed to be around the first time Bruce and Damian became a team.

If that's the case, then I guess you could explain Damian's actions as a way of showing off his worth to his dad. And this is exactly what I'd want them to be like in normal continuity. That last panel made me smile.

Basically, every story in this issue was a good read, but my favorites were Nightwing's and Two-Face's short stories.
    Last edited by Shen; 04-28-2021 at 04:28 AM.