Page 89 of 259 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    His mother is insane.
    but why coco puff? looks delicious XD so funny

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Bruce is waaaaaaaaaay better but I understand you were being hyperbolic.
    Is he? Better maybe, but not by much.

He's authoritative, neglectful, extremely demanding, emotionally distant and so obesessed with his code, mission and his own myth that's he's constantly making decisions without even considering his responsibilities to his loved ones. He can't accept Damian making decisions he wouldn't make, going so far as telling him that he doesn't like him if he does that.
    He needlessly risked Damian's life for his own gains in City of Bane and his actions played an important part in Damian's death in Batman Inc.

I will give him that he gave Damian Titus and revived Damian when he was dead, but Talia would probably have done the same thing eventually if she had been alive, considering that she had not wanted Damian to die.

Damian's life is still full of neglect and trauma even four years after meeting Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Damian's life is still full of neglect and trauma even four years after meeting Bruce.
    You're right about that (and everything else tbh), and I think that's sad because Damian's life wasn't as Princely as many are lead to believe before he even stepped foot in Gotham.

He didn't really understand that what he was doing was morally wrong, he just did everything he could to gain the respect and love of his mother and grandfather because that's what he was raised to want.

Moments like when he killed all of Goliath's kind, and demanded that the fuzzball fight him, all he got was a lick on the nose - and he broke down in tears. Deep down he began to understand how monstrous his actions were.

C4GXtKN.jpg
    Last edited by Shen; 04-30-2021 at 10:35 PM.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

BANNED

Damian is a brat that never learns. He was supposed to be killed off even by his own creator.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Damian is a brat that never learns. He was supposed to be killed off even by his own creator.
    Give him the lifespan of whomever your favorite character is, and you'll certainly see growth. But you don't strike me as a person who'd do that, considering your reputation here.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Give him the lifespan of whomever your favorite character is, and you'll certainly see growth. But you don't strike me as a person who'd do that, considering your reputation here.
    Sorry but since his original creator doesnt want to keep him, i dont see other writers would be able to develop him into something else. Only a few make the character somehow work. Damian is saved because of his marketing values as son of Batman.

I say we just ignore him, he never has anything important to say anyway.

Sorry but since his original creator doesnt want to keep him, i dont see other writers would be able to develop him into something else. Only a few make the character somehow work. Damian is saved because of his marketing values as son of Batman.
    There's no need to apologize, friend. Your inability to see the development of a character is nothing to be ashamed of, even if the evidence of a possibility is there. Just as Damian is defined by his father, you too are defined by your opinion. Which we value very highly. Thank you for your input

I say we just ignore him, he never has anything important to say anyway.
    Be like Dami: If you see a stray puppy, you toss him a bone. Plus, I like to hear other people's opinions on the character - makes me appreciate him more.

Be like Dami: If you see a stray puppy, you toss him a bone. Plus, I like to hear other people's opinions on the character - makes me appreciate him more.
    There are people who have a different opinion that is worth discussing and then there are trolls.

There are people who have a different opinion that is worth discussing and then there are trolls.
    XD well, you've got me there.

I just feel bad, neglecting them like Bruce neglected Damian. Even if they are trolls, animal cruelty never was my style.

BANNED

What makes your opinion of Damian more worthy than those that dont like Damian? He is a brat that never learns. People like seeing him being humiliated.

And Batman was originally an cheap Shadow rip off mixed in with a good deal of Spring Heel Jack who was under performing until Dick Grayson was introduced which saved the character.

Batman's original creators couldn't make him work and were going to get rid of him until Robin Dick Grayson came in increasing sales by 40%. That's how batman was saved and then thanks to a combination of writers, trends and time became the icon he is today.

Damian isn't saved because of the marketing value of Batman's son. He was given the chance because of his value as the son of Batman. That is what gave him his chance.

Damian saved himself by being a solid and interesting character that6 LOTS of writers and creators enjoy using and contrary to what ignorant fans might parrot is actually the most consistent bat character especially when only bruce and harley have more frequent use by numerous writers.

That garbage about only a few writers making him work is simply that garbage and easily disproved since there's actual objective evidence that counters that.

Dceased
    Batman: Brave and the Bold Animated Universe
    Supersons
    Injustice [Both the comics and game]
    The DCAMU [one of the most popular characters, part of the universes most popularship, Son of Batman is one of the DcAMU's most profitable movies, Damian is the character that got the best reviews in the DCAMU's and DC's most profitable animated to dvd movie to date JLD:AW]
    Harley Quinn Show

and this is before we get to the comics where like I said earlier he has had a **** ton of writers writing him and they6 all manage to do something with him.

I don't mind that part of Damian's rise to popularity is thanks to Batman.

Just like I love the fact that Dick Grayson Robin was the character that saved The Batman from cancellation and mediocrity.

You are correct.

Damian's creator didn't intend for him to be a mainstay but Morrison is very proud and happy that he's still around Fucking up DC's continuity.

Those are his actual words.

And somehow lots of other writers and creators HAVE developed him.

lots of writers HAVE made him work and are still doing.

#It's okay if you don't like the character, it's okay to share your personal opinion but it's not okay to lie or talk BS.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-01-2021 at 05:07 AM.

I agree that people like to see Damian humiliated. Damian is his father's son and he inherited the Bat hate just like he inherited the Wayne doucheness

[but at least he learns fast than his father and unlike his dad he actually manages to retain some of what he has learnt. Repeat with me Bruce " soft bodied kids aren't the best side kicks" ]

he is also a badass that punches way above his weight and is designed to be divisive. Damian is an arrogant, smack talking brat with too much privileged and the greatest **** eating grin I've ever seen.

He **** talks veterans and has dropped/humiliated a bunch of long standing faves + he can be annoying so of course there are haters who like seeing him humiliated [that hate propelled Injustice Damian to one of the most mained characters in that game as well as making him one of the most notorious] Sometimes hate can have positive outcomes

I don't think there's anything wrong in fans wanting to see a character they hate humbled.

I do think that anyone who thinks that Robin is going to be a series where we see Damian humiliated hasn't been paying attention to the interviews.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-01-2021 at 04:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian isn't saved because of the marketing value of Batman's son. He was given the chance because of his value as the son of Batman. That is what gave him his chance.
    Sure a chance to become a villain.