Page 9 of 259 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Future Tim was in control of things in that version of Gotham, him being teleported away was against his will. The whole time travel bit was to try and change the past to alter the present.

It's not just being a dictator, but rather his process behind controlling things like we saw from him. The wide range surveillance he had set up being part of that.

Both future versions of Tim/Damian are schemers, and both showed to do their homework when it comes to taking down someone who may oppose them. Tim just showed to push the envelope a little further when trying to get what he wants.
    How was he in control?

ToT Tim was successful in his Dictatorship Rebirth Tec Future Tim wasn't and he more important he wasn't a reliable narrator.

rebirth Tec Tim was far too stupid really. I don't subscribe to the whole Tim is a wonder kid HC because he wasn't but he was smarter than future Tim shown in Tec

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I have a thought about Damian-Tim as Batman.

Tim wants to be Batman because he always admired him as Gotham Knight; Damian wants to be Batman because he is his father.
    So Tim choose Batman among all the other heroes, but Damian probably would to become another hero if his father had another identity.

So I still like Tim being Batman and Damian finding another path.
    ***but still think he is perfect in DCeased and when Bruce was out of Gotham and he use a Batman ugly-cute uniform <333
    Tim doesn't want to be Batman and I don't think he has the aptitude for it. He doesn't have a good record when it comes to the cowl. Always ends in failure

For Damian I like what we saw in BB. Inherits the cowl then passes it to Terry to take over the LOa and change it into something good or a peaceful civilian life

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Everyone looking good in suits!
    Tim doesn't want to be Batman and I don't think he has the aptitude for it. He doesn't have a good record when it comes to the cowl. Always ends in failure

For Damian I like what we saw in BB. Inherits the cowl then passes it to Terry to take over the LOa and change it into something good or a peaceful civilian life
    Seems like nobody other than Bruce was able to really work as Batman in the long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I completely agree about this. Damian's journey so far largely were influenced by his family and his blood. I want him to carve his own path away from Bruce's and Talia's expectation (even though I think he's still to young for that). That's why when I see 'Demon or Detective' title I just raised my eyebrow.
    Damian is both but I want him to be neither.
    Double agree <3
    I still think he can be away but not alone, like with another friends or tutor, sadly DC just made this in a way it will not be gold Dick.

Why Tim doesn't want to be Batman? I think he really wanted the name in Battle for the Cowl, also Dick doesn't want to become Batman, I don't think Tim would put pressure on Dick because on this.

Fantastic Member

So Challenge of the Supersons # 5 released
    spoilers:
    Just set up for the time travel with Aurora to save Hawkgirl. So any news what's Damian's role on Infinite Frontier?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like nobody other than Bruce was able to really work as Batman in the long-term.
    Dick works well as Batman, and Morrison planned him to be Batman for 5 years more (with Robin Damian of course) but it was protested by editorial and Batman fans. Such unfortunate, because if I had to choose between Morrison's B&R and Tomasi's B&R, I will choose Morrison's B&R in heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Why Tim doesn't want to be Batman? I think he really wanted the name in Battle for the Cowl, also Dick doesn't want to become Batman, I don't think Tim would put pressure on Dick because on this.
    I, and probably every other Robins fans except some of Dick's fans, will never ever re-read Battle for The Cowl, but from my understanding Tim (temporary) wore Batman's cowl to push Dick to take it? I agree that most likely Tim doesn't want to be Batman, even on Titans of Tomorrow, Tim became Batman because other candidates are unavailable (thanks to some very shitty reasons, Dick left the family to get married and live happily ever after? Jason get crippled and depressed? Whatever Hitler incarnate enters Damian's body? I mean, the future setting was already on apocalypse condition, why not just make them already drop dead?).

Anyway, I don't know if he ever wants be Batman, but personally I don't want either of 4 main Robin take Batman's cowl. Their characters are too unique to be just as Bruce's replacement (DickBats is special case because I enjoyed Reverse Dynamic Duo so much).

Astonishing Member

And still just one mention of Damian in Future State, and that's it. It's really weird, to be honest, even if they just did not have time to come up with a plot for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And still just one mention of Damian in Future State, and that's it. It's really weird, to be honest, even if they just did not have time to come up with a plot for him.
    Is it "Damian..." in Robin Eternal?

I'm kinda hoping Damian is simply dead. No more Damian as a villain bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Is it "Damian..." in Robin Eternal?

I'm kinda hoping Damian is simply dead. No more Damian as a villain bullshit.
    Yes, that's the only mention I've seen so far. Really disappointing, to be honest. I'm also hoping he is just dead and that's it, but I want to know why, you know?

And it's just frustrating, because we don't know why they are keeping so much secret about it. On one hand, it might just be a case of sloppiness, but on the other it might be something else, I just have no idea what.

when you consider the explanation for Damian the current Robin missing from BRE and the explanation for Damian missing from New 52 Batman then remember that Future State was over seen by the same people then I wouldn't hold my breathe on the explanation being very good.

My bet is he was going to be evil and dead [judging by the way he's story was heading and that baby Hitler line] until the fan backlash re TT and plans relating to Robin changed.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

This is cute

when you consider the explanation for Damian the current Robin missing from BRE and the explanation for Damian missing from New 52 Batman then remember that Future State was over seen by the same people then I wouldn't hold my breathe on the explanation being very good.

My bet is he was going to be evil and dead [judging by the way he's story was heading and that baby Hitler line] until the fan backlash re TT and plans relating to Robin changed.
    I'm cool with no explanation instead of a halfarsed explanation like we had with Snyder's batman. I also don't mind dead [like Wallace] but not evil or something stupid.

Now that Red X is someone inspired by Dick I fear it might be him. I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Future Tim was in control of things in that version of Gotham, him being teleported away was against his will. The whole time travel bit was to try and change the past to alter the present.

It's not just being a dictator, but rather his process behind controlling things like we saw from him. The wide range surveillance he had set up being part of that.

Both future versions of Tim/Damian are schemers, and both showed to do their homework when it comes to taking down someone who may oppose them. Tim just showed to push the envelope a little further when trying to get what he wants.
    Future tim wasn't in control of anything. He wasn't in control of Gotham, he wasn't in control of getting rid of Damian and he wasn't in control of his plans to kill people from the future. Tynion messed up trying to graft ToT on to what looked like 666.

Tim was never in control since that world had 2 Batmen always. Tim's attempts to get rid of Damian failed as we saw so Tim was never solo Batman.

ToT Tim was ran a successful Fascist regime but due to Tec I don't know if that world even is still a thing.