Page 98 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3875
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    She changed her mind, after she committed murder (Though it was to save Damian from doing the deed, that's some friendship). She then felt really bad, coz Deathstroke might've been right when he said she was like her Mother. At that point, she started to reject Robin's fanatical ideas and looked to her beacon of hope for guidance.

Wallace 'lace' West.

That's fine. He wasn't always the best of characters, but his intentions were good. He was a really good friend to her and he tried to be a good friend to Damian. What I don't like is the whole Hell sequence. It should've been someone other than KF in her vision - like Ollie or Dinah being dissapointed in her or something, but noooo!

Seriously, that annoyed me to no extent. It was like the end of Ben 10 Omniverse all over again. In one episode, the main characters come into contact with 5th dimensional beings they can't really perceive, except as the person/thing the viewer cares about the most.

Rook saw his father, Maltruent was an egotistical tool so he saw himself. Instead of seeing Grandpa Max, the person who's been there the entire time and is the person who stood by Ben for years - Ben sees a GiAnT FxCkInG SmOoThie!

Coming back to DC, Deathstroke was there too, to further hammer home that Emi almost lost Lace (her mental representation of her humanity) coz she murdered Slade.

Then she has an epiphany, that she's been ignoring their connection and falls in love with him afterwards (contrived much?)

And then nobody cared, coz they had plot to take care of (Djinn was never my favorite, but this is the part I started to hate her) and when that was done they immediately moved onto the 'Reset Robin's Progress' plan where he began his "RAWR, WE'RE ALL GONNA KILL, JOIN ME FELLOW TROUBLED CHILDREN!"

At that point, Emiko looked like a Nun in comparison, so everyone forgot.

That came off quite Ranty, so sorry about that.
    I just don't like remembering that Teen Titans run, and how they wasted such potential and damaged many relationships. I'm also probably a victim of Selective Memory - so if things I said don't match with actual canon, It's just my perspective on a memory I'd like to forget (plus I was pretty pissed off the entire run).
    Don't worry, that's how I remember it too.
    I always wonder what is the actual purpose of Thompson storyline, because he created those meaningless storylines that will never be touched again on future issues. Wallace and Emiko is one of the example (pretty sure this random pairing manifested after Thompson dip his hand). Damian's maybe-murder, Jon's....whatever letter which I guess is not yet relevant since they can talk face to face on Action Comics, is Crush ever a leader for real? Her complete turnover personality is so ridiculous, not that I like Glass's Crush, mind you.
    Well, hope that the run will be forgotten like N52 Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Read the latest Nightwing, huh basically.
    spoilers:
    Dick calls Tim Robin. Nice, finally Tim gets some spotlight after a while of being in the shadows. Huh, that leaves Damian in the public not as Robin. Nice detail that connects with the Detective Comics, wonder if he'll stick with the Robin title once the tournament arc is over. Got something to look forward too.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Read the latest Nightwing, huh basically.
    spoilers:
    Dick calls Tim Robin. Nice, finally Tim gets some spotlight after a while of being in the shadows. Huh, that leaves Damian in the public not as Robin. Nice detail that connects with the Detective Comics, wonder if he'll stick with the Robin title once the tournament arc is over. Got something to look forward too.
    end of spoilers
    I really enjoyed this issue. The fan service was on point and it felt great seeing Tim and Dick working together. Taylor nailed it.

When was Tim in the shadows? Tim has always been in spotlight. Pre Flashpoint, Nu52, rebirth he's always been in the spotlight ie he has a lead role in an ongoing series and been part of a high profile team. RR, TT, Batman Beyond, YJ, Tec, BRE, Titans Hunt, Robin Eternal. Tim has never been in the shadows. Dc has always pushed and promoted him.

I don't get how those who say he's neglected or that DC doesn't care anymore can make that claim. He get pushed even more than Jason. A character that's more popular than Tim.

Cass, Steph, duke and huntress those characters are in the shadows
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-19-2021 at 05:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. The fan service was on point and it felt great seeing Tim and Dick working together. Taylor nailed it.

When was Tim in the shadows? Tim has always been in spotlight. Pre Flashpoint, Nu52, rebirth he's always been in the spotlight ie he has a lead role in an ongoing series and been part of a high profile team. RR, TT, Batman Beyond, YJ, Tec, BRE, Titans Hunt, Robin Eternal. Tim has never been in the shadows. Dc has always pushed and promoted him.

I don't get how those who say he's neglected or that DC doesn't care anymore can make that claim. He get pushed even more than Jason. A character that's more popular than Tim.

you just listed the gotham knights which is the team Tim lead in the detecitives comics
    he also lead them in Young justice tv show
    in the shadows

Something that I can not understand after RED HOOD&OUTLAWS.. The last volume with Artemis and Bizarro was Great..

Yeah. Poor Steph.(Cass is in Outsiders).

I hope that Robins wins.. I can not vote because I am in Europe.

Not sure what to say about Huntress.. I think that I continue prefering Helena Wayne.

Fantastic Member

Rob.jpg

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1395046592307154946

It's Robins vs Suicide Squad.

Well this decides if Robins is getting a book or not.
    On another unrelated note, really surprised how Robins defeated Green Lantern. I checked on replies to the post there was a huge meltdown on Twitter of another Bat book.
    I hope DC publishes some of the lost contenders like GL or Blue Beetle.

Extraordinary Member

It’ll be intresting to see Damian in Injustice animated

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Man, I'm really not excited for this at all. A lot of people hate Damian because of Injustice, I'm not looking forward to see more hate.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Oh yeah, Injustice is getting an animated movie.
    I wonder which portrayal they'd go with Damian's betrayal.
    The comics one or the one in Injustice 2.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Man, I'm really not excited for this at all. A lot of people hate Damian because of Injustice, I'm not looking forward to see more hate.
    Game wise he was insufferable which is understandable on why he gets so much flank.

Comic wise, he was a bit insufferable but decent moments where he wasn't. The scene where he was on the hunt for Zsas and confronts Batman was enjoyable. Not accounting the Injustice 2 comics where he was still a villain but enjoyed his interactions with Bruce and kara, and the Injustice - He-man crossover where he redeems himself, frees Bruce, and then gets his neck snapped by Wonder Woman.

Overall, I hope the comics elements are in the animated movie, just to make hate somewhat less.

Loved Damian in Batman Black and White series. The whole series has been a blast so far

Bruce's smile in the last panel is nice
    I read this last week, loved it! Was a good break of all sadness in canon, I said before I don't like Damian being so impulsive, but, pretty funny here <3

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Yep, me too. I hate Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Game wise he was insufferable which is understandable on why he gets so much flank.

Comic wise, he was a bit insufferable but decent moments where he wasn't. The scene where he was on the hunt for Zsas and confronts Batman was enjoyable. Not accounting the Injustice 2 comics where he was still a villain but enjoyed his interactions with Bruce and kara, and the Injustice - He-man crossover where he redeems himself, frees Bruce, and then gets his neck snapped by Wonder Woman.

Overall, I hope the comics elements are in the animated movie, just to make hate somewhat less.
    Can't wait for this, Finally Dc is adapting a series that allows them to go really creative and intense with the action. The conflict is grey enough to get fans thinking, it has lots of metahuman and fights so animators can go ham

Injustice Damian is annoying
    The game version gets hate but is one of the most mained characters so despite the hate his sweet moves and cool sword and aesthetics makes him bad ass and fun to use.

Also the haters love fighting him because of the dialogue and it's like they can throw shade via the character .

Injustice 2 Damian was the stand out character in the series. He saved the world, saves Jason, missed all of Kara's attempts at flirting and succeeded where Bruce and his allies failed.

All this while still patrolling the streets every night fight crime and protecting people.
    He was so epic that Kara looks up him.

The cross over with MOTU was fun with lots if feels. When he talks about Dick that hit me.

The growth and progress of Damian's character in series is a joy to see and I hope we get all the stages.
    From side kick who killed his brother to
    Regime bad guy who makes a good point
    to just out here saving the world because I want to help
    to the Batman who organises the resistance that takes down the regime. saved Bruce got his neck snapped.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-19-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

I am in general is indifferent to Injustice but really not looking forward for seeing Dick's silly death scene on animated form.

Videogame Injustice Damian was very annoying, but I loved his Comic version. He had a full story arc right up to his death.

The game doesn't really explain why things are the way they are - it just says: "This kid killed Dick Grayson!" And everyone was like "Noo, right in the nostalgia! Lets hate this piece of crap without thinking too much!" (But that's understandable, not like the game expands on how it happened)

The comic had moments like 'Deadman Dick' coming back and officially giving Damian the mantle of Nightwing, and Damian's kind of/almost Romance with Kara while he taught her how to be a hero. He showed real growth and despite what he had to go through for it, I really enjoyed injustice for focusing on him.

(Also, I obviously mained him in the game - do you have any idea how annoying it is to fight Batman/Starfire/RH? "I have no words for Dick Grayson's killer." Goddamnit)

One more thing - wasn't Jon also responsible for his father's death by some Vampire plant that ate superman when they disagreed? I think i saw something like that in one of the lantern books.

Yupp. Why they gotta do my boys like this?
    Last edited by Shen; 05-19-2021 at 11:00 PM.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax