Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thank you Dauterman for this masterpiece !

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Not only does he got back, but that strategic mist placement.....I see u Dauterman....feeding the gays. Pre ordered a copy for sure lmao.
    And abs! 10chars

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The Voices: Pride Iceman story was very good, if brief. Some cute Magneto moments too. I would have liked a bit more space for it, though.

The mags moment was adorable I knew Charles always the weird 1 between the 2 Bobby should have joined the Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The mags moment was adorable I knew Charles always the weird 1 between the 2 Bobby should have joined the Brotherhood.
    lol it does retroactively paint Xavier in a bad light.

"homosexuality!? in my private boarding school!?"

I'm joking ofc

But yea! Really sweet scene between Magneto and Iceman I wasn't really expectating.

I loved the Bobby short story in the Pride anthology. It's true it was just a few pages but I thought it was really sweet and moving.

Weirdly, I was always curious about Magneto's stance on homosexuality - given the time period he grew up in, I wouldn't have been surprised if he were to be more... conservative in his views. Delighted to see however he's a true champion for every sort of diversity (as long as you're a mutant, at least )

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I loved the Bobby short story in the Pride anthology. It's true it was just a few pages but I thought it was really sweet and moving.

Weirdly, I was always curious about Magneto's stance on homosexuality - given the time period he grew up in, I wouldn't have been surprised if he were to be more... conservative in his views. Delighted to see however he's a true champion for every sort of diversity (as long as you're a mutant, at least )
    Mags been an ally he tried to rescue his gay & bisexual grandsons when the Avengers tried to lock em up lmao.

what's the basic summary of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what's the basic summary of the story?
    Young Bobby is lusting after Warren during the O5 era but isn't ready to come out. While crying outside alone he stumbles upon Magneto who came to attack the school with missiles; Bobby however shares his feelings with Magneto who surprisingly comforts the boy and even lets him try on his helmet.

Young Bobby is lusting after Warren during the O5 era but isn't ready to come out. While crying outside alone he stumbles upon Magneto who came to attack the school with missiles; Bobby however shares his feelings with Magneto who surprisingly comforts the boy and even lets him try on his helmet.
    And since Charles no doubt read Bobby's mind and knew WTF was up I lowkey question how much of an ally he is Mags came through where TF was baldy?

The Bobby story in the Pride issue was so so good!! Poor lil Bobby... I wish it was longer too, especially with the lack of content in the actual books. I personally really enjoy Marauders especially as a big Emma fan, but Bobby hasn't had much to do in it for over a year now.

Incredible Member

I liked this story. It was well written. But I've always felt iffy about Bobby crushing on Warren. The two were written like brothers until Bendis had Bobby go "GAWDD WARREN IS SO HAAWWT". Like, if you love someone like a brother, you're not attracted to them - gay men aren't attracted to every man (we should all know by now that's just ignorance) and definitely not to their brother. But, then again, they aren't real brothers and since this story is a retcon (but since Angel is with Jean in this, I imagine it's non-canon), it does make Bendis' bullshit a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I liked this story. It was well written. But I've always felt iffy about Bobby crushing on Warren. The two were written like brothers until Bendis had Bobby go "GAWDD WARREN IS SO HAAWWT". Like, if you love someone like a brother, you're not attracted to them - gay men aren't attracted to every man (we should all know by now that's just ignorance) and definitely not to their brother. But, then again, they aren't real brothers and since this story is a retcon (but since Angel is with Jean in this, I imagine it's non-canon), it does make Bendis' bullshit a bit better.
    To each their own I guess, I personally always found the Warren crush to be extremely believable and realistic. And a deeply closeted gay man can try to modify his feelings for an attractive male friend as a "brotherly" platonic one in order to both bury the attraction as well as forge a close relationship in order to feel more "normal".

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    To each their own I guess, I personally always found the Warren crush to be extremely believable and realistic.
    Agreed. I think it's pretty common for young gay guys to crush on their straight friends, at least that was definitely the case for myself when I was in high school. It's also supposed to be canon that Warren is ridiculously pretty, so there's that.

I enjoyed the Daddy Magneto and Twinky Bobby scene. The missile stuff was campy but perfect.

I hope we see Iceman's reaction to the end of this week's Wolverine!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/