Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Riri williams: Ironheart appreciation 2021

New Year comes new opportunities and with the announcement of the Ironheart tv-series and her continual stint on the Champions it looks like Riri will be having a good year.
    riri williams.jpg

"Those who move with courage make the path for those who live with fear.
    "--Riri Williams (Earth-616)

I have compiled a list of Riri's main appearances.
    Invincible Iron Man Vol. 2 #1.
    Invincible Iron Man Vol. 3 #12.
    Invincible Iron Man Vol. 3 #7.
    Invincible Iron Man Vol. 3 #11.
    Invincible Iron Man Vol. 4 #3.
    Invincible Iron Man Vol. 4 #4.
    Invincible Iron Man Vol. 4 #5.
    Champions Vol. 2 #11.
    Champions Vol. 2 #27.
    Champions Vol. 3 #9
    Champions Vol. 3 #10
    Outlawed #1.
    Iron Man 2020 Vol. 2 #2.
    2020 Ironheart #1.
    2020 Ironheart #2.

Previous appreciation thread:
    Ironheart: http://community.comicbookresources....s-Appreciation

Actress cast as Riri Williams: Ironheart. Dominique Thorne.
    riri actresss.jpg
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-01-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Happy New Year to Riri .

Extraordinary Member

I wonder which villains they’ll use for her show?

The Ten rings? Midnight’s Fire?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder which villains they’ll use for her show?

The Ten rings? Midnight’s Fire?
    They could use both, perhaps. Throw in Tomoe the Techno-Golem as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Riri's joining the Avengers.

Marvel Action: Avengers #1

Che Grayson (w) • Ark Revner (a & c)

Riri Williams A.K.A. Ironheart is taking the next step toward being a fully-fledged super hero as the newest member of the Avengers! But balancing her college course load at MIT and fighting bad guys and trying to fit in with the older and more experienced members of the team might prove harder than she expects—especially when super villain Blackheart arrives on the scene!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/idw-...for-june-2021/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I haven't read much Ironheart but I heard people didn't like her in the beginning. Why is that?

Probably because she took over the Iron Man book only a few issues after her introduction. Her reputation improved some after Bendis left for DC and Jim Zub in Champions and Eve Ewing in the Ironheart solo book fleshed her out.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Oh, so how's she doing now? Would you recommend her book? I'm curious because I know she'll be in the MCU

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Riri's joining the Avengers.

Marvel Action: Avengers #1

Che Grayson (w) • Ark Revner (a & c)

Riri Williams A.K.A. Ironheart is taking the next step toward being a fully-fledged super hero as the newest member of the Avengers! But balancing her college course load at MIT and fighting bad guys and trying to fit in with the older and more experienced members of the team might prove harder than she expects—especially when super villain Blackheart arrives on the scene!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/idw-...for-june-2021/
    Can someone explain to me like I’m 12 years old, how IDW publishes Marvel characters?

Is it just for all ages comics?

Yeah, they do both Marvel and Star Wars.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Not gonna lie, Dominique Thorne recently saying she didn't even have to audition to get cast as Ironheart left me a bit worried about how much thought and care they're putting into her show. No shade to the actress at all, but someone with only two previous acting credits just getting handed over a role like that is.... really weird. Even established, known actors can not always be the right fit for certain characters, so the fact that they just offered the role to this actress without even asking her to read some lines to them seems just really risky. I have no issue at all with newcomers getting big roles; Iman Vellani was also a newcomer, but the difference here is that we know she had to go through a long casting process so Marvel knew she was the best person for the role. I don't get why they didn't feel the need to do the same for Riri. Let's hope they won't regret this decision and she'll be great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not gonna lie, Dominique Thorne recently saying she didn't even have to audition to get cast as Ironheart left me a bit worried about how much thought and care they're putting into her show. No shade to the actress at all, but someone with only two previous acting credits just getting handed over a role like that is.... really weird. Even established, known actors can not always be the right fit for certain characters, so the fact that they just offered the role to this actress without even asking her to read some lines to them seems just really risky. I have no issue at all with newcomers getting big roles; Iman Vellani was also a newcomer, but the difference here is that we know she had to go through a long casting process so Marvel knew she was the best person for the role. I don't get why they didn't feel the need to do the same for Riri. Let's hope they won't regret this decision and she'll be great.
    Maybe she really impressed them? That's all I can think of

Mighty Member

That happens sometimes, in cases like this, it usually means that a casting agent, producer or director on the series worked with her before and suggested her for the role.

Given the two movies that she was in before I going to say that whoever suggested her, is well respected in the industry.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe she really impressed them? That's all I can think of
    I don't doubt she impressed them. She obviously had to impress SOMEONE to get the job. I just find it weird that she got the role without even having to audition for it. It's not like she was Meryl Streep, you know? Actors at the beginning of their career always have to audition to get any bigger role. It makes sense, because studios need to know what they're signing up for. I just wonder why Marvel went with such an unusual casting decision for this project.

Ultimate Member

I don't doubt she impressed them. She obviously had to impress SOMEONE to get the job. I just find it weird that she got the role without even having to audition for it. It's not like she was Meryl Streep, you know? Actors at the beginning of their career always have to audition to get any bigger role. It makes sense, because studios need to know what they're signing up for. I just wonder why Marvel went with such an unusual casting decision for this project.
    Honestly I can't say. I think she's in Judas and the Black Messiah, which Coogler produced, so maybe he put in a good word for her?