Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If we're getting back on topic, who's looking forward to more Ironheart in the future, whether with the Champions or in her own comic (which may well get relaunched to coincide with the announced Disney+ series)?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If we're getting back on topic, who's looking forward to more Ironheart in the future, whether with the Champions or in her own comic (which may well get relaunched to coincide with the announced Disney+ series)?
    I'm actually waiting for her solo to get relaunched. It turns out, I'm not keen on team books at all, characters are spread too thin for reduced panel space so that never appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm actually waiting for her solo to get relaunched. It turns out, I'm not keen on team books at all, characters are spread too thin for reduced panel space so that never appeals to me.
    That's understandable. I can respect that.

Did anyone see Batwoman last night? They introduced Stephanie Brown, who in the comics is Spoiler. And she fed a spoiler to Marvel Studios, by saying she skipped grades and graduated from MIT... totally ripping off Riri's backstory!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did anyone see Batwoman last night? They introduced Stephanie Brown, who in the comics is Spoiler. And she fed a spoiler to Marvel Studios, by saying she skipped grades and graduated from MIT... totally ripping off Riri's backstory!
    I'll admit I wasn't thinking of Riri at the time, mostly because a lot of teen geniuses are known to skip grades. Still, considering she also referenced Shuri from Black Panther, whom Riri did team up with in her solo by Eve Ewing . . .

Sounds like more of a Tim Drake thing.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Kevin Feige confirmed that Riri will first appear in Black Panther 2. Unknown if she'll be Ironheart by that point but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Kevin Feige confirmed that Riri will first appear in Black Panther 2. Unknown if she'll be Ironheart by that point but we'll see.
    That should be interesting, given how she and Shuri in Eve Ewing's Ironheart series were depicted as somewhat friendly rivals.

It sounds like she has a substantial role, akin to America Chavez in Doctor Strange.

It sounds like she has a substantial role, akin to America Chavez in Doctor Strange.
    Yeah, I heard that, too.

Huh, now I'm curious how that might effect Tony Stark's influence in her origin and depiction if they're having her play such a pivotal role in a BP movie.

I'm guessing they replace Tony's role in her story with Rhodey

I'm guessing they replace Tony's role in her story with Rhodey
    I guess in terms of the physical mentor, because we're not getting a Tony AI, although spiritually I would assume the legacy aspect is still there.

I'd be surprised if her AI isn't NATALIE from the start, yeah. Perhaps the mentor role will be split between Rhodey (who would be able to help her with using the armor) and Shuri (who would probably be able to help her make modifications to the armor)?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd be surprised if her AI isn't NATALIE from the start, yeah. Perhaps the mentor role will be split between Rhodey (who would be able to help her with using the armor) and Shuri (who would probably be able to help her make modifications to the armor)?
    Would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, now I'm curious how that might effect Tony Stark's influence in her origin and depiction if they're having her play such a pivotal role in a BP movie.
    Probably playing on her friendship/rivalry with Shuri from the comics by Eve Ewing.