Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Oh, nice. Do you know who the artist is?

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I was picking up on that too. Dani's a little hard to read in that regard, which honestly is fine with me. She has to be such a responsible and grounded influence for all these damn kids AND her increasingly needy friends. It makes sense that she would have to put some things about her own development on the back burner. But hopefully not for too long...
    Given that Dani is [chronologically] turning 39 this year, it's kind of odd that her love life has been so overtly neglected. She's never really had a serious relationship, as far as I can tell.

Back in the early days of New Mutants, they alluded to her having a crush on Roberto in a couple of the earliest issues, then the idea was dropped and never gained traction.

In issue #53 of Volume 1, she held hands with James Proudstar and talked about the possibility of friendship... maybe something more. But similarly, that never went anywhere.

In Volume 2, she got hit on by a coffee burista, and went out of her way to point out that she was straight.

Later in volume 2 / New X-Men, she went on a couple of dates with an FBI agent named Kevin Pearce. Pearce also picked her up when Emma kicked Dani out of the X-Mansion when she lost her powers during Decimation, so presumably they were dating. But then he essentially disappeared without a trace and the plot was dropped.

I don't think she dated anybody during her time with the MLF, at least not that was shown.

In Volume 3, she made out with Sam after the entire team got drunk to depressurize. They kissed intermittently over the next 10 issues or so, before that fizzled out.

Later in Volume 3, she had a crush on X-Man, and they kissed in Madripoor. That situation came up in Fearless Defenders, when Dani was identified as secretly dating both of them at the same time in issue #10.

That's basically it -- am I missing anything from her back story?

It's been oddly neglected [or overlooked] for such a relatively prominent character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Given that Dani is [chronologically] turning 39 this year, it's kind of odd that her love life has been so overtly neglected. She's never really had a serious relationship, as far as I can tell.

Back in the early days of New Mutants, they alluded to her having a crush on Roberto in a couple of the earliest issues, then the idea was dropped and never gained traction.

In issue #53 of Volume 1, she held hands with James Proudstar and talked about the possibility of friendship... maybe something more. But similarly, that never went anywhere.

In Volume 2, she got hit on by a coffee burista, and went out of her way to point out that she was straight.

Later in volume 2 / New X-Men, she went on a couple of dates with an FBI agent named Kevin Pearce. Pearce also picked her up when Emma kicked Dani out of the X-Mansion when she lost her powers during Decimation, so presumably they were dating. But then he essentially disappeared without a trace and the plot was dropped.

I don't think she dated anybody during her time with the MLF, at least not that was shown.

In Volume 3, she made out with Sam after the entire team got drunk to depressurize. They kissed intermittently over the next 10 issues or so, before that fizzled out.

Later in Volume 3, she had a crush on X-Man, and they kissed in Madripoor. That situation came up in Fearless Defenders, when Dani was identified as secretly dating both of them at the same time in issue #10.

It's been oddly neglected [or overlooked] for such a relatively prominent character.
    She went on a ski trip with some guy back in the day.

I think Forearm of the MLF had a crush on her but she didn’t return it

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Gorgeous work! I think this is the artist:
    https://twitter.com/SeeDaviGo
    Last edited by TraneTrax; 06-22-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Incredible Member

Age of X-Man revealed that her relationship with Big Nate ended up with them becoming very serious with each other off screen until he got messed up by the Life Seed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Age of X-Man revealed that her relationship with Big Nate ended up with them becoming very serious with each other off screen until he got messed up by the Life Seed.
    Pretty weird, but I guess Nate Grey is Dani’s only serious romantic relationship to date.

I remember her AoA counterpart was evil, and tried to kill Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    why do you call him Big Nate?

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Gorgeous work! I think this is the artist:
    https://twitter.com/SeeDaviGo
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Pretty weird, but I guess Nate Grey is Dani’s only serious romantic relationship to date.

I remember her AoA counterpart was evil, and tried to kill Nate.
    Did she? I thought she was only in the x-caliber issues. I kind of liked their relationship in New Mutants, it was certainly more interesting than the ones that came before.

BTW, RF2044, it was Justin Pierce, not Kevin. (Easy mistake, he was pretty forgettable.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Thanks.

Did she? I thought she was only in the x-caliber issues. I kind of liked their relationship in New Mutants, it was certainly more interesting than the ones that came before.

BTW, RF2044, it was Justin Pierce, not Kevin. (Easy mistake, he was pretty forgettable.)
    Ah, you’re right. That was in Kurt’s series, not Nate’s.
    I think I got AoA Domino and AoA Dani mixed up.

Just read X-Factor #10, which effectively wrapped up the Hellfire Gala crossovers. Curious to see what everybody thought of the whole Gala spectacle.

Extraordinary Member

Just read X-Factor #10, which effectively wrapped up the Hellfire Gala crossovers. Curious to see what everybody thought of the whole Gala spectacle.
    Well, we got three (actually four deaths) in the Gala.

One of which was under Dani’s responsibility: Gabby.

Hasn't been much new stuff to discuss here of late, but it sounds like Dani made an appearance in Children of the Atom #6:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-children-o...mmick-mentors/

tumblr_548066d10ddf21c439b83730cb8c3bf5_bf130c9d_500.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 08-13-2021 at 05:05 AM.

That's interesting, sounds like Carmen might be joining the New Mutants.

Nice art.

Incredible Member

Nice art.
    Hope not. Stick Carmen on a bus with the rest of the GenXer's and blow it up by driving over a land mine or something.

Nice art.

Thanks -- a few more fan art Dani pics for you that I came across recently:

tumblr_e4614eb70e4ea2ce606aeacc4d23a63e_4ddf6c9e_400.jpg tumblr_pc4isg57vg1xndpzio1_400.jpg tumblr_pcfzkey3sx1ws3mmeo1_400.jpg