Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its stupid if she doesnt use her powers bc its a ritual where a nonmutant must fight a mutant to be reborn. Powers kinda go along with that and it defeats the purposes to simply fight as flatscans

I thought Illyana but I dont think Illyana would do it bc of Dead Souls. I dont see her wanting to release Tran into the world free with his own body and agency to potentially do whatever after what was done to her. Karma knew not to ask her bc of that especially considering how it soured their relationship
    That wasn't the question you asked. You asked why Dani would agree to Xi'ans request. As for IIyana, she'ld do it because in part she wouldn't want to have to deal with a possible Tran-controlled Xi'an again.

This pretty much has nothing to do with a ritual about fighting to be reborn,or twisting it to become what basically amounts to be cosmetic surgery. It's about using it to separate two souls/minds from each other. Hence the Dead Souls tie-in.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-04-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Mighty Member

I mean, Apocalypse didn't use his mutant powers when he was in charge of the Crucible.

Dani works because of the emotional connection and it's not like she couldn't use her powers to lead to the killing blow. And yeah, Magik wouldn't agree even slightly. After Dead Souls, she'd tell karma to kick rocks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I mean, Apocalypse didn't use his mutant powers when he was in charge of the Crucible.

Dani works because of the emotional connection and it's not like she couldn't use her powers to lead to the killing blow. And yeah, Magik wouldn't agree even slightly. After Dead Souls, she'd tell karma to kick rocks.
    Really? After all that's happened to them *AFTER* the events of Dead Souls and beyond? Illyana said it herself. They are family.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post

Yes he did. His are passive though. His durability, invulnerability and super strength werent things he could turn off. There was no way a depowered mutant had a chance against that

And yeah IA on Magik. Karma wouldnt dare ask her bc of what went down in Dead Souls

Dani being chosen for the Crucible makes ZERO sense.
    Perhaps the Crucible plays into her role as a Valkyrie, a “chooser of the slain” who takes Warriors souls to the afterlife, and makes it a more literal participant....
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

Yes he did. His are passive though. His durability, invulnerability and super strength werent things he could turn off. There was no way a depowered mutant had a chance against that

And yeah IA on Magik. Karma wouldnt dare ask her bc of what went down in Dead Souls
    They've all pretty much moved beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Perhaps the Crucible plays into her role as a Valkyrie, a “chooser of the slain” who takes Warriors souls to the afterlife, and makes it a more literal participant....
    The Crucible could be seen as a mockery of death which would piss off a Valkyrie
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The Crucible could be seen as a mockery of death which would piss off a Valkyrie
    Especially if it's used as a form of cosmetic surgery,or if morons like Pixie and that bunch keep pulling stupid stunts.Gotta wonder when Hela will have words with Dani for her to take to Xaviver and the rest about that sort of thing because you know she isn't going to be happy about it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-08-2021 at 03:01 PM.

I don't know, none of the gods seem upset about it, so far.

Dani made an appearance in today's X-Factor, btw. She didn't have a big role, but it looks like spoilers:
    Dani and Xi'an will be going out to eat with Northstar and his husband.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Dani made an appearance in today's X-Factor, btw. She didn't have a big role, but it looks like spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Maybe, but it will probably have to happen during the Hellfire Gala. X-Factor is canceled next issue. The Gala will be it's last issue. I dont think that they are going to show a brunch scene given the solicit for the last issue and the storylines that have to be finished. It was probably just a throw away line.
    Or you could have already known this, and been joking.

Actually, I was thinking it would happen in New Mutants at some point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

end of spoilers
    Have we really seen the really stupid stuff like what took place with Pixie or what some wants to take place with Cosmar and Anole on a large scale yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Have we really seen the really stupid stuff like what took place with Pixie or what some wants to take place with Cosmar and Anole on a large scale yet?
    It feels like Dani and the New Mutant crew should be popping up in Way of X to talk with Nightcrawler about how these kids aren't alright.

I'd pay to see that. Or vice versa. They definitely need to compare notes at the very least.

Is Northstar's team the one with Anole, No-Girl, etc. that are being influenced by Farouk?