Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Looks like Dani will be hitting the bookshelves in prose fiction format this December, in "School of X."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...te-prose-novel

Her story is one of 7 that the print anthology will contain - here's the summary of her vignette:

Depowered
    by Carrie Harris
    When Dani Moonstar and Polaris seek out the New Charles Xavier School for Mutants to find a solution for losing their mutant powers after M-Day, they accidentally bring Sentinels down on the Institute. Now, Triage, Tempus, and the rest of the students must protect their school’s secret location and defeat Sentinels on their own. Good thing they’ve trained for this, but can Triage and Tempus put their experience to good use when it matters most?

shooting20.jpg

I think I'll wait for reviews of that one. If sounds like Dani and Lorna are going to be victims more than heroes.

Dani's also on the cover of the new voices, but no word yet on whether she'll be in any stories.

MARVOICESHERITAGE2021001-CVR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Looks like Dani will be hitting the bookshelves in prose fiction format this December, in "School of X."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...te-prose-novel

Her story is one of 7 that the print anthology will contain - here's the summary of her vignette:

Depowered
    by Carrie Harris
    When Dani Moonstar and Polaris seek out the New Charles Xavier School for Mutants to find a solution for losing their mutant powers after M-Day, they accidentally bring Sentinels down on the Institute. Now, Triage, Tempus, and the rest of the students must protect their school’s secret location and defeat Sentinels on their own. Good thing they’ve trained for this, but can Triage and Tempus put their experience to good use when it matters most?

shooting20.jpg
    Why would anyone think that the NCXSM had a way to restore powers?, also Polaris got her powers back when Apocalypse made the horesman of famine.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Why would anyone think that the NCXSM had a way to restore powers?, also Polaris got her powers back when Apocalypse made the horesman of famine.
    This stuff is non canon so that doesnt matter. Im sure the story will explain why thats an option

New Mutants #21 dropped today -- interesting developments, looks like a showdown is coming up.

face37.jpg

Not a ton of Dani in the last two issues [#20 and #21], but I'm guessing that changes next issue.

Dani makes this list of top 10 teen Marvel heroes, at #7:

https://screenrant.com/best-teen-marvel-heroes/

bad ass.jpg

Interesting list. Can't comment on #21 'cause I haven't read it yet.

I'm surprised no ones posted this:

NEWMUT2019024-Momoko.jpg

Maybe not Peach Momoko's best Dani pic, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Interesting list. Can't comment on #21 'cause I haven't read it yet.

I'm surprised no ones posted this:

NEWMUT2019024-Momoko.jpg

Maybe not Peach Momoko's best Dani pic, but I like it.

Cool pic -- Momoko has a very distinctive style.

Yeah, I really like her work.

Finally read #21. Nice to see Dani being the voice of reason and reassurance. I really enjoyed Warpath this issue, too. I still want to know what Tran's been up to. It seems a long time to go without finding out. Looking forward to next week's issue.

Pretty interesting issue #22. Farouk's motivations -- while dangerous, demented, and twisted-- might not be as nefarious as they first seemed, because the world of X isn't black and white. The pin has been pulled from the grenade - looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

shooting21.jpg

That summary report of the "simulations" was also interesting -- and why am I not surprised that Dani was the last person standing after some of the trials?

Here's a cool article about the issue: https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/10/06/...ew-mutants-22/
    Last edited by rf2044; 10-08-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Came across this article -- looks like Louise Simonson will return to the New Mutants to pen a "retro" story that will be punished in January 2022. Unlike the Claremont / New Mutants Forever limited series, which was not canon, it sounds like this WILL be.

The focus of the story will be a previously "untold" story that takes place somewhere between New Mutants Volume 1 #77 - 87. Here's the premise, from the article linked below:

"After losing Archangel to the X-Men, Apocalypse turns to the next generation of mutants to find his new Death. Along the way, Apocalypse's forces will come face-to-face with Sunspot, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, Dani Moonstar, Boom-Boom, Rictor and more.

X-Men Legends is an anthology series written / drawn by iconic creators of yesteryear, telling previously untold stories set in the midst of past arcs. This unique format allows writers to expand upon continuity by using the X-Men as they existed during their runs, resolving dropped plot points while cleaning up continuity.

As The New Mutants prepares to celebrate its 40th Anniversary in 2022, Simonson's untold tale allows her to wrap a bow around her legendary run."

Sounds like a really cool concept -- more details here:

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-men-leg...ris-claremont/

K2LG7vAaFCbV6Yd99VJE8Z-970-80.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 10-18-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Came across this article -- looks like Louise Simonson will return to the New Mutants to pen a "retro" story that will be punished in January 2022. Unlike the Claremont / New Mutants Forever limited series, which was not canon, it sounds like this WILL be.

The focus of the story will be a previously "untold" story that takes place somewhere between New Mutants Volume 1 #77 - 87. Here's the premise, from the article linked below:

"After losing Archangel to the X-Men, Apocalypse turns to the next generation of mutants to find his new Death. Along the way, Apocalypse's forces will come face-to-face with Sunspot, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, Dani Moonstar, Boom-Boom, Rictor and more.

X-Men Legends is an anthology series written / drawn by iconic creators of yesteryear, telling previously untold stories set in the midst of past arcs. This unique format allows writers to expand upon continuity by using the X-Men as they existed during their runs, resolving dropped plot points while cleaning up continuity.

As The New Mutants prepares to celebrate its 40th Anniversary in 2022, Simonson's untold tale allows her to wrap a bow around her legendary run."

Sounds like a really cool concept -- more details here:

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-men-leg...ris-claremont/

K2LG7vAaFCbV6Yd99VJE8Z-970-80.jpg
    Given just how abysmal Simonson's New Mutants stuff was during this peroid of time, I'm not expecting this to be much better than the Nature Girl crapola we are currently seeing especially given the setting it's supposed to be taking place in.....

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Given just how abysmal Simonson's New Mutants stuff was during this peroid of time, I'm not expecting this to be much better than the Nature Girl crapola we are currently seeing especially given the setting it's supposed to be taking place in.....

Simonson's run with vol 1 wasn't my favorite stretch, either, but I think you're off-base on the potential this has. That Apocalypse story line was terrific, stretching across numerous titles [not just the X-Men oriented books]. I'm definitely curious to see what she comes up with.

Also, I'd expect that if she has one shot to revisit something like this, it has to be epic. Otherwise, what's the point?
    Last edited by rf2044; 10-19-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Simonson's run is highly underrated. I didnt care for the Asgard stuff. She gets unfairly judged for not being Claremont

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Simonson's run is highly underrated. I didnt care for the Asgard stuff. She gets unfairly judged for not being Claremont
    She got judged because her New Mutants stuff was terrible. Tossing in the X-Factor BS was bad enough, then the Bird Turd and SPyder nonsense got added in addition to turning Warlock into a utter Ditz.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-19-2021 at 12:36 PM.