Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 251
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post


    Hate the cover but at least she's getting more exposure. Oh this is for #17
    I usually really like Ward's art, and the background is lovely. But the arms and legs on Dani are jacked, and it looks like she's holding a crowbar.

  2. #47
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    You mean the background image that had literally nothing to do with the rest of the story on the second to last page?

    Claiming that the Demon Bear had anything to do with the plot of the Claremont anniversary special, which it most decidedly did not, is a colossal reach at best.
    Why include at all then according to your logic? I think the image is basically saying it's all tied together.

  3. #48
    Spectacular Member rf2044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Why include at all then according to your logic? I think the image is basically saying it's all tied together.

    What you actually said was:

    "It could also a way to recon the Bear from being what was shown in the movie back to what was the original intent for it to be,whatever that was, furthering the separation of the comic book from the movie."

    So by YOUR logic, please explain how something that wasn't directly part of the anniversary issue's plot, wasn't referred to directly nor indirectly by any aspect of the story, and wasn't even explicitly shown at all until the 2nd to last page and only then as a background image, is retconning the Demon Bear storyline, or what it has to do in any way with the movie.
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-17-2021 at 12:46 PM.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member gambitxremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,072

    Default

    So Dani is immortal

  5. #50
    Spectacular Member rf2044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Came across this cool interview over the weekend with Darcie Little Badger, who wrote the Dani story featured in Indigenous Voices. They break down Dani's history, major story arcs over the decades, discuss her lengthy / noteworthy absences over the years, her power changes, her dichotomous role as a mutant / valkyrie, etc.

    The interview was "published" in late October 2020, right before the issue came out, and you could see a lot of how Darcie Little Badger's ideas for the character manifested in the actual story.

    Very cool summary, for Dani fans: https://anchor.fm/cerebrocast/episod...-Badger-ekvo91

    SEP200606.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-18-2021 at 03:38 PM.

  6. #51
    Incredible Member Alphaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    640

    Default

    I just got the original OHBotMU Omnibus and in Dani's entry it stated, and I quote "Her ultimate potential is to be able to cause her 3-dimensional images to become actual, tangible entities of psionic force." Simonson did that in her run, yet limiting her desired creations to one at a time. I don't want her to be a "reality warper", making any and everything willy-nilly, but I do like that she could create tangible images -- a lot more than those psionc arrows they gave her in the 90s.

  7. #52
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I just got the original OHBotMU Omnibus and in Dani's entry it stated, and I quote "Her ultimate potential is to be able to cause her 3-dimensional images to become actual, tangible entities of psionic force." Simonson did that in her run, yet limiting her desired creations to one at a time. I don't want her to be a "reality warper", making any and everything willy-nilly, but I do like that she could create tangible images -- a lot more than those psionc arrows they gave her in the 90s.
    Louise's implementation of it was dumb. It should have been a natural progression of her psionic powers, being able to make tangible illusions of the fears/desires she pulled out of people's heads. To keepher from being OP, they can say they only remain physical as long as she is able to concentrate

  8. #53
    Incredible Member Alphaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Louise's implementation of it was dumb. It should have been a natural progression of her psionic powers, being able to make tangible illusions of the fears/desires she pulled out of people's heads. To keepher from being OP, they can say they only remain physical as long as she is able to concentrate
    I totally agree with everything you said. But anything is better than the pionic arrows. I miss the creativity when it came to her, all lost in the 90s and then came Wanda...

  9. #54
    Spectacular Member rf2044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I just got the original OHBotMU Omnibus and in Dani's entry it stated, and I quote "Her ultimate potential is to be able to cause her 3-dimensional images to become actual, tangible entities of psionic force." Simonson did that in her run, yet limiting her desired creations to one at a time. I don't want her to be a "reality warper", making any and everything willy-nilly, but I do like that she could create tangible images -- a lot more than those psionc arrows they gave her in the 90s.

    We got a glimpse of that in the original series [#3], when Dani's powers were amped by a Brood-possessed Xavier. I don't think she could "reality warp," but she could make her illusions real on a grand scale. I know that after her encounter with the High Evolutionary many years later, she got the power to make one illusion tangible at a time -- but I don't recall that aspect of her powers ever going in that direction again, after that really early thing with the Brood. Probably for the best.

  10. #55
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    We got a glimpse of that in the original series [#3], when Dani's powers were amped by a Brood-possessed Xavier. I don't think she could "reality warp," but she could make her illusions real on a grand scale. I know that after her encounter with the High Evolutionary many years later, she got the power to make one illusion tangible at a time -- but I don't recall that aspect of her powers ever going in that direction again, after that really early thing with the Brood. Probably for the best.
    The closest is X-Force 75. Warpath made physical contact with Dani's illusion and mentions that they felt real


  11. #56
    Astonishing Member gambitxremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,072

    Default

    Is Dani immortal

  12. #57
    Spectacular Member rf2044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Is Dani immortal

    Definitely open to interpretation, but I THINK the answer is -- yes and no.

    NO [temporarily] because Hela indicated that she's mortal, meaning that Dani's going to have a normal lifespan. She'll live, get old [assuming she's lucky enough to survive this crazy X-life she's in], and eventually die.

    YES because death is going to release her from her mortal coil, and which point her spirit / soul will transition to being a true Valkyrie, with the mission of serving as the adversary of the Shadow King, in the role of champion of life.

    So she's not immortal in the sense that she'll live forever, won't age, etc. But after she dies, she'll be free from her "beautiful cage" and ascend into immortality.





    Edit -- found this article, which discusses in more depth: https://www.cbr.com/x-men-phoenix-fo...is-death-hela/


    "All of them call on Dani to accept her place in the universe, with Moonstar eventually relenting and accepting that after she dies she shall live in spirit as an eternal champion in opposition of the Shadow King."
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-20-2021 at 11:30 AM.

  13. #58
    Spectacular Member rf2044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    118

  14. #59
    Spectacular Member rf2044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Is Dani immortal

    X-Men: One New Mutant Just Got an IMMORTAL New Title

    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dani-moons...mpion-of-life/

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    X-Men: One New Mutant Just Got an IMMORTAL New Title

    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dani-moons...mpion-of-life/
    I vaguely remember something in Claremont's X-MEN:THE END that referenced Dani dying and then rising up MORE powerful...

    https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/m...rnate-versions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •