Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Sneak preview of the upcoming Valkyries: King in Black issue.

Some cool Dani artwork featured:

https://screenrant.com/king-black-mc...marvel-comics/

Screenshot 2021-02-22 161318.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 02-22-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post

I havent been following the series but has it been acknowledged that Dani was the last Valkryie standing in War of the Realms and helped them transition to the afterlife?

Is there a way to hide spoiler text? I've seen it in other threads, but can't find how to do it even with under the functionality accessible when you click the "go advanced" button.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

[ spoil] [ /spoil]

Put the text between that, and without the spaces between spoil and the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I havent been following the series but has it been acknowledged that Dani was the last Valkryie standing in War of the Realms and helped them transition to the afterlife?

Thanks, Soulsword323! Duh...

spoilers:
    Dani had a lot of frame time in the second issue, but it was primarily about her interaction with the manifestation of Knull, who got intrigued about how she was using her mental powers against his symbiote minions. There was a lot of her introspection during the battle, then some back and forth between Dani and Knull. At the end of the battle / issue, Jane Foster and Hildegaarde showed up, and rescued Dani. That's where the issue ended -- so they didn't cover the events from War of the Realms. I'd have to assume that it will come up in some capacity in future issues.
    end of spoilers

Dani I'm happy you have grown as a person and no longer have a stab first, ask questions never policy like you did in your first apperance, but if there was anyone that needed to be murdered with extreme prejudice its Knull!
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Thanks, Soulsword323! Duh...

spoilers:
    Dani had a lot of frame time in the second issue, but it was primarily about her interaction with the manifestation of Knull, who got intrigued about how she was using her mental powers against his symbiote minions. There was a lot of her introspection during the battle, then some back and forth between Dani and Knull. At the end of the battle / issue, Jane Foster and Hildegaarde showed up, and rescued Dani. That's where the issue ended -- so they didn't cover the events from War of the Realms. I'd have to assume that it will come up in some capacity in future issues.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks! Im gonna have to check out the next issue.

In the face of impending doom, Dani gets really poetic. I honestly don't mind seeing her be a teacher in New Mutants if she get to go on kick-ass Valkyrie adventures as well. And she really needs to keep that spear for close quarters fighting
    I can't believe the guy that wrote this is the same guy that wrote Wolverine & the X-men

King in Black: Return of the Valkyries issue #3 was AWESOME! Very cool format that the story unfolded. And best of all, Dani got her Valkyrie groove back!

Screenshot 2021-02-24 115007.jpg

Massive spoliers alert for this article, so beware if you haven't read the issue yet:

https://butwhythopodcast.com/2021/02...yries-issue-3/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rf2044; 02-24-2021 at 10:55 AM.

I read it and loved it! I wish her Valkyrie powers were more consistent though and that she had access to them at will

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I read it and loved it! I wish her Valkyrie powers were more consistent though and that she had access to them at will
    What makes you think that would be a good idea,given what they really are intended for?

It would be like Illyana using her powers as a demon sorceress to change a light bulb.

Didn't we get enough of this kind of crap from Harry Potter?
    Last edited by rcaguy; 02-24-2021 at 01:49 PM.

I just read New Mutants and it looks like she's gonna get some major focus in the next issue as well. I really wonder if her exposure to Otherworld will have a permanent effect on her powers. Im definitely seeing what Vita has in sore for her

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Hate that I'm missing out on Vita's Dani. Hoping to pick up that up one day soon.

I'm not always fond of Moonstar in the mentor/counselor role, but we've seen it before, and it seems like we are getting warrior Dani in Valkyries. So I'm happy to see that.

I feel like the current issue of New Mutants gives me good reason to believe that Dani's role as a mentor is going to be more interesting than I initially thought.

Completely unrelated, I'd really like to see a flash back of Dani's time as a SHIELD agent. And maybe a scene of how her powers mutated from that spear she wore around her neck to being able to shoot psionic arrows. It seems like that happened around the same time, and I think there's a good story there.

I've stopped collecting - but I have always loved Dani. I, however, was not a fan of the Valkyrie thing remaining with her. I felt it took away and mired her Native American status - as everything suddenly centered around her being a Valkyrie.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!