Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Has Namor or Namora even seen Namorita since she's been back? I know Namor and Nomora are over in Atlantic Attacks but, no Nita.
    Any what are people's opinion of her Kymaera stage? Should it be forgotten since this Namorita is from a timeline before she went through her trauma (I think; its been a while since I read Nova's series), or could she switch between looks?

So what version of her did you guys like more? The "supergirl" like sweet teen version from bynes namor 90s comics or the later angry temper version?

I remember reading the early issues of 90s namor and that's how how i first read her and she was a kind supergirl like teen hero then the gas station stopped getting namor around the iron fist story. (remember when comics were on spinner racks!) Then i picked up new warriors with her acting more jerk like and was shocked by how she has changed!

Liked the kind version more. Her kinder nature set her apart from the more tempered namor and they made a neat odd couple kind of like the grouchy batman and more cheerful robin. Now she is just a female namor with the same temper.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-04-2021 at 07:53 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So what version of her did you guys like more? The "supergirl" like sweet teen version from bynes namor 90s comics or the later angry temper version?

I remember reading the early issues of 90s namor and that's how how i first read her and she was a kind supergirl like teen hero then the gas station stopped getting namor around the iron fist story. (remember when comics were on spinner racks!) Then i picked up new warriors with her acting more jerk like and was shocked by how she has changed!

Liked the kind version more. Her kinder nature set her apart from the more tempered namor and they made a neat odd couple kind of like the grouchy batman and more cheerful robin. Now she is just a female namor with the same temper.
    I love the enthusiastic teen version. TBH, that's really the only version I'm familiar with as I haven't read New Warriors. I agree, she just works better for me, as younger, more optimistic character, especially around Namor -- or even Namora. This goes way back, but I thought it great seeing her getting into surface teen / young adult life by protesting the Vietnam War while she was at college. Namor is always torn about his heritage, while Namorita embraces her human half.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Namorita did have an angry young teen version, long ago, as seen in some Avengers issues.

I prefer her more happy, enthusiastic and fun disposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Has Namor or Namora even seen Namorita since she's been back? I know Namor and Nomora are over in Atlantic Attacks but, no Nita.
    Any what are people's opinion of her Kymaera stage? Should it be forgotten since this Namorita is from a timeline before she went through her trauma (I think; its been a while since I read Nova's series), or could she switch between looks?
    Still waiting on the reunion

The current version of Nita hasn't undergone the change yet so it could still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Namorita did have an angry young teen version, long ago, as seen in some Avengers issues.

I didn't know about Nita until New Warriors so I'm a bit blind to th happy go lucky version.

Though she wasn't always angry in the new warriors. She had a very stressful time which was a lot to do with her changing into the blue version. She's not a stable clone of her mother.

She did show up in a episode of the 80s spider-man cartoon with namor as well. Kingpin was the bad guy and somehow beats namor on his own leading spidey to rescue him!

She spends most of the episode sick in the hospital. I think thor as drake was her doctor but can't remember.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Well, she had good reason if you're referring to the issues where Dr. Doom was holding Hydro-Base hostage.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Hello everyone! I'm still waiting on the real Nita to come back and not the time displaced one, but it seemed like we were going to have a time displaced Nita in the New Warriors before the series was lost to the void? Seriously when is that book getting released?! I still love the new Nita design.

Art by Leciano Vecchio

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Judging from the Champions #5 solicit (which mentions the team fighting back - and the cover shows that Wasp, who Justice captured in Champions #1, and Snowguard, captured by Speedball in Outlawed #1, are free) and the fact it's the final issue in their TPB, I think Outlawed is about to end. Therefore, I'm afraid the New Warriors book is probably now not happening.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm still waiting on the real Nita to come back and not the time displaced one, but it seemed like we were going to have a time displaced Nita in the New Warriors before the series was lost to the void? Seriously when is that book getting released?! I still love the new Nita design.
    At this point, I'm fine with a time displaced Namorita. More likely to be the more ... optimistic Nita, IMO. Were they really talking about bringing back Civil War murdered Namorita back? How???

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Judging from the Champions #5 solicit (which mentions the team fighting back - and the cover shows that Wasp, who Justice captured in Champions #1, and Snowguard, captured by Speedball in Outlawed #1, are free) and the fact it's the final issue in their TPB, I think Outlawed is about to end. Therefore, I'm afraid the New Warriors book is probably now not happening.
    I tend to agree, that this New Warriors book is NOT happening since it tied so much to Outlawed. It would call a major overhaul to tie it to another even, like they did to The Union, I imagine.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So no New New Warriors book? At all? That sucks, I really wanted to see Nita and Firestar and Speedball again.

Ah no Rev, I had meant that before I knew which Nita they were using I had thought we were going to get the OG Nita back somehow in New Warriors but another fan told me that it was time displaced Nita. I don't mind her being there or anything and I love Nita anyways but I just keep hoping they let her speak to her own mother, and her cousin Namor again.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Yeah no New Warriors

Means we have to rely on X-Men for a glimpse of Firestar.

As for Nita how would everyone feel if she joined the X-Men? She is a mutant after all. I know she's a clone....but I can't imagine Namor being happy with the X-Men if they decided not to resurrect Nita if something happened to her.

Namor has made it clear he wants nothing to do with Krakoa, though that could just be due to the conflict of interest as he's the king of another nation. Since that same conflict of interest would affect Nita too, I actually don't think Krakoa would resurrect her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Yeah no New Warriors

Means we have to rely on X-Men for a glimpse of Firestar.

As for Nita how would everyone feel if she joined the X-Men? She is a mutant after all. I know she's a clone....but I can't imagine Namor being happy with the X-Men if they decided not to resurrect Nita if something happened to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Namor has made it clear he wants nothing to do with Krakoa, though that could just be due to the conflict of interest as he's the king of another nation. Since that same conflict of interest would affect Nita too, I actually don't think Krakoa would resurrect her.
    I don't think it about conflict of interest ... Namor said he wasn't interested with Xavier's proposal, as is. I got the feeling that he thought it was ... too conciliatory. But he did say Xavier could come back to him when he had a world view more like Namor's. Of course, it completely ignored Zdarsky's recent revelation of what Xavier had done to Namor and the recent conflict with the Invaders, as well as other things, but ...

But, back to Namorita ... they need to clear up her status, both in which version / timeline she is, and in have her meet her family and resolve where both her and her mother stand. It's ridiculous that we can't get even that from Marvel. How the heck is the character supposed be used, if no one knows that??

For example, if time displaced Nita did just slip back to her own timeline, as I think Brevroot said, then there could be an interesting story, where Xavier offered to Namor, or Namora, a resurrection of Nita with the Five on Krakoa. Or if Namor and time displaced Nita HAD met and her place in Atlantis was re-established, she could go to Krakoa as an Atlantean ambassador or even a spy, to keep an eye on what is going there.