Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So no New New Warriors book? At all? That sucks, I really wanted to see Nita and Firestar and Speedball again.

Ah no Rev, I had meant that before I knew which Nita they were using I had thought we were going to get the OG Nita back somehow in New Warriors but another fan told me that it was time displaced Nita. I don't mind her being there or anything and I love Nita anyways but I just keep hoping they let her speak to her own mother, and her cousin Namor again.
    Oh, okay. I haven't really kept up with New Warriors.

I'm still wondering about the Nita that was in FF, with zero explanation.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

If time displace Nita did go home, that would've happened before the 2014 New Warriors series. Water Snake was looking for her, and never found her. In the final issue's last page, we see a flash forward to an expanded team, that included Nita. Maybe the Future Foundation did something when restoring the multiverse after Secret Wars? There's nothing to say that splash page has to be before the event, as long as it's before Nova joins the ANAD Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have to agree, it's ridiculous that there hasn't been both a reunion and an explanation regarding Nita.

But at the moment I don't see either of those happening

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, okay. I haven't really kept up with New Warriors.

I'm still wondering about the Nita that was in FF, with zero explanation.
    I think it was explained somewhere or possibly just theorized in fandom that Nita was an alternate universe Nita, due to her new suit, and the fact that a lot of characters on that page seemed to have been pulled from AU verses or times when they were a part of the team? Or maybe Slott just forgot that Nita was dead and threw her in there because she used to hang around the FF for a time.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I think it was explained somewhere or possibly just theorized in fandom that Nita was an alternate universe Nita, due to her new suit, and the fact that a lot of characters on that page seemed to have been pulled from AU verses or times when they were a part of the team? Or maybe Slott just forgot that Nita was dead and threw her in there because she used to hang around the FF for a time.
    I agree. Nita needs explained. Either in FF, NW or even Krakoa. Slott gave us a great Iceman backstory. Maybe he’ll do Nita.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I'm not going to hold my breath on Nita appearing in FF again. Slott gave Iceman lines and previewed his story. I don't remember Namorita having more than a panel, and zero lines.

But OTOH, I found this nice Inktober piece.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh that art is lovely!

Very nice!

For future Nita stories I think the best bet will be if Namor ever gets an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I didn't know about Nita until New Warriors so I'm a bit blind to th happy go lucky version.

Though she wasn't always angry in the new warriors. She had a very stressful time which was a lot to do with her changing into the blue version. She's not a stable clone of her mother.

Here's Bill Everett's original portrayal of Namorita. I think this was Sub-Mariner 52 or 53 ... just a few issues from her debut in Sub-Mariner 50. She was younger, and somewhat boy crazy, as witnessed by the last panel. She had something of crush on Namor those first few issues, after a major misunderstanding, where she called him a "masher!" LOL!

And....who was he? Anyone special?

Namorita was always brash and she is certainly young here. She is also not inherited of her strength that would come later.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    And....who was he? Anyone special?

Namorita was always brash and she is certainly young here. She is also not inherited of her strength that would come later.

Yeah, she wasn't anywhere near as strong as Namor. But she's like a teen / kid, so that's understandable.

Nope. He doesn't appear again, AFAIK. But here's panels from the next page. I love how Namorita treats him like a puppy that she wants to take home. LOL!

http://slaymonstrobot.blogspot.com/2...-away-her.html

Yeah, she wasn't anywhere near as strong as Namor. But she's like a teen / kid, so that's understandable.

Nope. He doesn't appear again, AFAIK. But here's panels from the next page. I love how Namorita treats him like a puppy that she wants to take home. LOL!

http://slaymonstrobot.blogspot.com/2...-away-her.html
    Thanks for the scans.

On the previous one (where her ankles get taped), I thought Namorita was going to get a hiney-smacking!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Here's Bill Everett's original portrayal of Namorita. I think this was Sub-Mariner 52 or 53 ... just a few issues from her debut in Sub-Mariner 50. She was younger, and somewhat boy crazy, as witnessed by the last panel. She had something of crush on Namor those first few issues, after a major misunderstanding, where she called him a "masher!" LOL!

Thanks for posting this, it made my laugh. She's always had an eye for the boys!

Although Namorita has never been a favourite (mostly as an idea more than anything) she has never looked as good as a character than when Everett drew her.

Everett was amazing and I love his Nita best! But I also love her new look by Luciano Vecchio.