Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 604
  1. #541
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I totally agree that he should ditch the guns. Bishop should be constantly absorbing energy so that he doesn't need a power boost from anyone.

    We've seen him shoot beams from his eyes and direct energy blasts from his hands. He doesn't need the guns and it was just a cool prop back in the 90s. He doesn't need it anymore.
    Yep. And I think he’d be better for it… I’m picturing him getting all glowy-eyed, muscles maybe even getting larger… not huge like the Hulk, but perhaps he does get noticeably larger as he absorbs lots of energy and then slims down a bit after he’s expended it. Shit like that could be cool visually IMO.

  2. #542
    Fantastic Member Cane_danko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yep. And I think he’d be better for it… I’m picturing him getting all glowy-eyed, muscles maybe even getting larger… not huge like the Hulk, but perhaps he does get noticeably larger as he absorbs lots of energy and then slims down a bit after he’s expended it. Shit like that could be cool visually IMO.
    That would require him being around someone who can give him energy at all times. The point of the guns was so he could be lethal regardless of the situation.

  3. #543
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,716

    Default

    Not necessarily. There’s solar radiation, cosmic radiation and all sorts of ambient energy around he can tap into. Not to mention kinetic, assuming he could absorb that the way Sebastian Shaw does. That’s part of what I mean by his powers getting an upgrade somehow, so he’s not reliant on someone shooting him with an energy blast to power up all the time.

  4. #544
    Fantastic Member Cane_danko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Not necessarily. There’s solar radiation, cosmic radiation and all sorts of ambient energy around he can tap into. Not to mention kinetic, assuming he could absorb that the way Sebastian Shaw does. That’s part of what I mean by his powers getting an upgrade somehow, so he’s not reliant on someone shooting him with an energy blast to power up all the time.
    Eh… not sure i would like that. I can see not liking the guns. Personally, i always felt like it was an iconic part of his style. Its the same with cable though i have always preferred bishop over cable.

  5. #545
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Yeah, Bishop having guns - which comes from him basically being a deconstruction of Cable, is iconic and a part of his style. It's like Blade, okay the stakes work better but you can't have him without guns either.

  6. #546
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,716

    Default

    Well, at least give him back his rad pump-action energy shotgun from the old Animated Series cartoon then. He needs a signature gun.

    And to be fair Cable uses a big ass sword now. But also guns.

  7. #547
    Amazing Member LukeCagefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Yeah, Bishop having guns - which comes from him basically being a deconstruction of Cable, is iconic and a part of his style. It's like Blade, okay the stakes work better but you can't have him without guns either.
    Bishop dropping his guns would suck. I'd hate that. I really hope I see him interact with Wave again though. That'd be cool.

  8. #548
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    13,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    That would require him being around someone who can give him energy at all times. The point of the guns was so he could be lethal regardless of the situation.
    It's already been shown that Bishop is constantly absorbing energy. He really doesn't need to be powered up by anyone. It's really about the same as him getting an energy drink when he absorbs someone else's energy.

  9. #549
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    13,667

    Default

    Bishop carrying a gun handicaps him. So if he doesn't have a gun he can't be effective? The gun isn't the weapon, he is.

  10. #550
    Fantastic Member Cane_danko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's already been shown that Bishop is constantly absorbing energy. He really doesn't need to be powered up by anyone. It's really about the same as him getting an energy drink when he absorbs someone else's energy.
    Was this in marauders? I don’t remember him doing this.

  11. #551
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, at least give him back his rad pump-action energy shotgun from the old Animated Series cartoon then. He needs a signature gun.

    And to be fair Cable uses a big ass sword now. But also guns.
    You're goddamn right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bishop carrying a gun handicaps him. So if he doesn't have a gun he can't be effective? The gun isn't the weapon, he is.
    You're right, in a sense. It reminds me of Liefeld's thoughts on Cable during the Psi-Mitar era, he liked that Cable was using the weapon but disliked that he was only using it since that handicapped him. I see Bishop in the same way. He should be doing energy blasts and all of that. But he should be using guns, staves or whatever else he can use since he's a force of nature among the X-Men. Whatever he can do to get the job done, with whatever he can use, he should use.

  12. #552
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    13,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Was this in marauders? I don’t remember him doing this.
    This was way back in an issue of Uncanny, when they had the Blu and Gold team. I can't recall the issue #. He was just sitting out in the snow, absorbing the energy released when it touched his body.


  13. #553
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    13,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    You're goddamn right.



    You're right, in a sense. It reminds me of Liefeld's thoughts on Cable during the Psi-Mitar era, he liked that Cable was using the weapon but disliked that he was only using it since that handicapped him. I see Bishop in the same way. He should be doing energy blasts and all of that. But he should be using guns, staves or whatever else he can use since he's a force of nature among the X-Men. Whatever he can do to get the job done, with whatever he can use, he should use.
    No problem with him using any weapon at his disposal. I equate it more to Gambit. He uses cards as his weapon of choice but he can pretty but use anything. For bishop, he's carried a gun since he first arrived and I don't want him to continue to be defined as always having to carry a gun for his powers to be used.

    I just remembered too in an issue of Astonishing X-Men when he absorbed the impact to protect himself from a fall.

  14. #554
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,716

    Default

    Man… this thread has me thinking about all the potential for Bishop and how he’s really been underutilized in the whole Dawn/Reign of X era. Hopefully Steve Orlando gives him some moments to shine in the retooled Marauders title, but I’m a bit concerned due to how crowded that book seems. Big cast will limit panel time for Lucas unfortunately. And I fear they’ll give Daken (ugh!) way too much panel time… hope I’m wrong.

  15. #555
    Mighty Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This was way back in an issue of Uncanny, when they had the Blu and Gold team. I can't recall the issue #. He was just sitting out in the snow, absorbing the energy released when it touched his body.

    Yep he did that after Cortez overloaded him and made him expel all his stored energy. In Astonishing X-Men he was also able to absorb the kinetic energy generated from falling from a building. He actually used that to slow his fall from the building in a pretty cool moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •