Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    In Bishop's future and Cable's future, the mutants win - more so in Cable's than Bishop's future. Hell, Bishop grows up learning how to handle Nimrods and here's Nimrod being presented like he's undefeatable when they literally have a mutant who knows what he becomes a hundred years in the future. Hickman's X-Men run is about the X-Men always losing no matter the future.
    They were losing in the other futures as well. No one knows if they are going to win until they win.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They were losing in the other futures as well. No one knows if they are going to win until they win.
    Bishop's future: Summers Rebellion, the mutants win and overthrow the Sentinels and establish self-policing across the world

Apocalypse's future: the mutants win and practically wipe out all humans

The point is, Bishop is a character whose future knowledge makes a lot of the concepts that Powers of X introduces in terms of the past lives of Moira that go a hundred years into the future (Nimrod the Lesser) to a thousand years into the future (Nimrod the Greater) redundant due to his own time travel experience. Cable is the same way. The way we've seen Cable's own book avoid answering talking about the current situation in terms of the future, we've seen Bishop not even mention that. You wouldn't even know Bishop is a time traveler off of Marauders. It's a fair guess that they're purposefully avoiding these characters for that reason or putting them in situations where such knowledge won't matter (Cable in Last Annihilation).

Bishop's future: Summers Rebellion, the mutants win and overthrow the Sentinels and establish self-policing across the world

Apocalypse's future: the mutants win and practically wipe out all humans

The point is, Bishop is a character whose future knowledge makes a lot of the concepts that Powers of X introduces in terms of the past lives of Moira that go a hundred years into the future (Nimrod the Lesser) to a thousand years into the future (Nimrod the Greater) redundant due to his own time travel experience. Cable is the same way. The way we've seen Cable's own book avoid answering talking about the current situation in terms of the future, we've seen Bishop not even mention that. You wouldn't even know Bishop is a time traveler off of Marauders. It's a fair guess that they're purposefully avoiding these characters for that reason or putting them in situations where such knowledge won't matter (Cable in Last Annihilation).
    We don't even know if Bishop's futue is even viable anymore. When was the last time they referenced it. With Moira's revelations and actions, everything has changed and no future is certain anymore so why should Bishop be held hostage story-telling wise by a future that likely isn't to happen.

That's a load of crock.

Incredible Member

We don't even know if Bishop's futue is even viable anymore. When was the last time they referenced it. With Moira's revelations and actions, everything has changed and no future is certain anymore so why should Bishop be held hostage story-telling wise by a future that likely isn't to happen.

That's a load of crock.
    Is it fun ignoring everything I write when you deny it? The viability of Bishop's future is one of those questions they're avoiding. I literally raised that in the first post I made about this. Bishop's experience with Nimrods. How the mutants beat the Sentinels in the rebellion. How Bishop's future compares to Moira's past lives.

Then you have Cable, whose future is thousands of years beyond what Moira - who claims the humans always win - has even experienced and is one where the mutants have explicitly won. And yet none of that is even given so much as a second thought in Duggan's book. Hell, future Apocalypse's actions are referenced as if current Apocalypse did them.

It's pretty clear that they're making a point to avoid referencing the future of Cable, and since Bishop is a less popular character, it's not too absurd to assume that he was given a lesser role and Duggan was told to avoid writing about those questions.

As for the last time his future was referenced? Age of X-Man: Prisoner X.

You know what, I don't even know why I responded. You're probably just going to go and respond like "That's not true, they're not doing that because Bishop's future isn't happening. They're focusing on Moira." which ignores all the points I raise once again. So save yourself a response, I just did it for you.

Is it fun ignoring everything I write when you deny it? The viability of Bishop's future is one of those questions they're avoiding. I literally raised that in the first post I made about this. Bishop's experience with Nimrods. How the mutants beat the Sentinels in the rebellion. How Bishop's future compares to Moira's past lives.

Then you have Cable, whose future is thousands of years beyond what Moira - who claims the humans always win - has even experienced and is one where the mutants have explicitly won. And yet none of that is even given so much as a second thought in Duggan's book. Hell, future Apocalypse's actions are referenced as if current Apocalypse did them.

It's pretty clear that they're making a point to avoid referencing the future of Cable, and since Bishop is a less popular character, it's not too absurd to assume that he was given a lesser role and Duggan was told to avoid writing about those questions.

As for the last time his future was referenced? Age of X-Man: Prisoner X.

You know what, I don't even know why I responded. You're probably just going to go and respond like "That's not true, they're not doing that because Bishop's future isn't happening. They're focusing on Moira." which ignores all the points I raise once again. So save yourself a response, I just did it for you.
    Dude calm down, it ain't that serious. If we can't have a discussion without all the histrionics then let's not have a discussion.

Incredible Member

Dude calm down, it ain't that serious. If we can't have a discussion without all the histrionics then let's not have a discussion.
    Hello ad hominem.

After seeing Duggan handle Ev there should be no excuse as to why Bishop is wallpaper in Marauders.

I still think he's in the wrong book. He needs to be on X-Force or in the main X-title.

After seeing Duggan handle Ev there should be no excuse as to why Bishop is wallpaper in Marauders.

I still think he's in the wrong book. He needs to be on X-Force or in the main X-title.
    Bishop is tailor made for X-Force. His skillset would be valuable for either the field or intelligence side of things. It's really a shame that he is stuck on the boat.

If Bishop was on X-Force, I'd like to see him strike up a friendship with Forge. I could see them nerding out over gun specs. Also, if there is a way to bring Shard back from limbo, I think Forge is the key

I though Bishop would have been an excellent fit for the SWORD book... long as they give people other than Abigail space to breathe and grow! Dude is a walking, living battle encyclopedia.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I though Bishop would have been an excellent fit for the SWORD book... long as they give people other than Abigail space to breathe and grow! Dude is a walking, living battle encyclopedia.
    Bishop should start up Storm's version of the imperial guard. I mean everybody else got one. lol. Maybe we can find out if Deatbird ever had his baby, everybody always wondering about Vulcan kid but i'm wondering where is she hiding Bishop little girl.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I always liked this card and I'm glad they're making it a variant for him. 1992 vibes.

Here's the back of the card.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Bishop should start up Storm's version of the imperial guard. I mean everybody else got one. lol. Maybe we can find out if Deatbird ever had his baby, everybody always wondering about Vulcan kid but i'm wondering where is she hiding Bishop little girl.
    Deathbird's got as many kids as Mystique and she's just as bad of a mother.

Deathbird's got as many kids as Mystique and she's just as bad of a mother.
    Lol, talk about role reversal. Nice to that for once the brotha isn't being portrayed as the deadbeat parent. Know what, i wonder if that would be something we would like to see. Even its done horribly in comics I wonder the dynamics of Bishop becoming a young father. They are apparently making plenty of babies on the island, what Bishop low key met another mutant and they procreate. Yes, that thing tends to age a character, but somehow Jubilation Lee is making it work!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, talk about role reversal. Nice to that for once the brotha isn't being portrayed as the deadbeat parent. Know what, i wonder if that would be something we would like to see. Even its done horribly in comics I wonder the dynamics of Bishop becoming a young father. They are apparently making plenty of babies on the island, what Bishop low key met another mutant and they procreate. Yes, that thing tends to age a character, but somehow Jubilation Lee is making it work!
    How old is Bishop anyway? I mean, let's just say he ages slower because he's a mutant and so still looks young... but I don't think he is that young.

I mean, suppose he came back to the past and was 35 years old (max possible age he could be) - a veteran XSE officer with plenty of experience and let's consider the timeline in Powers of X. He stays with them for lets say two years (the time between the Moira/Xavier/Magneto schism and the genocide at Genosha) during which time he spends at least a year in the Chronomancer's future. So at maximum he's 38 now. Let's say two more years till Hope is born (that part of PoX timeline makes no sense at all, but whatever), he's 40. He spends 12 years with Stryfe in the future, so 52. Put all the time when he's back in the past as a year, he's 53. So at maximum, Bishop is 53 years old. But because of his powers, he might still genetically be 35 at max. Suppose he was 25 (which is the minimum he could be) when he came to the past, then he'd be 43 at max.