Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    How old is Bishop anyway? I mean, let's just say he ages slower because he's a mutant and so still looks young... but I don't think he is that young.

I mean, suppose he came back to the past and was 35 years old (max possible age he could be) - a veteran XSE officer with plenty of experience and let's consider the timeline in Powers of X. He stays with them for lets say two years (the time between the Moira/Xavier/Magneto schism and the genocide at Genosha) during which time he spends at least a year in the Chronomancer's future. So at maximum he's 38 now. Let's say two more years till Hope is born (that part of PoX timeline makes no sense at all, but whatever), he's 40. He spends 12 years with Stryfe in the future, so 52. Put all the time when he's back in the past as a year, he's 53. So at maximum, Bishop is 53 years old. But because of his powers, he might still genetically be 35 at max. Suppose he was 25 (which is the minimum he could be) when he came to the past, then he'd be 43 at max.
    I don't know the current time scaling with Marvel these days, but when Bishop first appeared, I always saw him in the early to mid 20's range. Older than folks like Iceman and Colossus, but younger than Cyclops, Storm, etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I don't know the current time scaling with Marvel these days, but when Bishop first appeared, I always saw him in the early to mid 20's range. Older than folks like Iceman and Colossus, but younger than Cyclops, Storm, etc.
    I mean, biologically he's probably still there cause of delayed aging or whatever, but by the nature of time travel and him having spent years in alternate futures, he's like Cable in that he's older than he looks in spite of the sliding timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, talk about role reversal. Nice to that for once the brotha isn't being portrayed as the deadbeat parent. Know what, i wonder if that would be something we would like to see. Even its done horribly in comics I wonder the dynamics of Bishop becoming a young father. They are apparently making plenty of babies on the island, what Bishop low key met another mutant and they procreate. Yes, that thing tends to age a character, but somehow Jubilation Lee is making it work!
    I doubt we'll ever see their kid again and a really doubt they'll remember that they were involved. I'd rather see some of the mutants from the Last X-Man series brought over and he can be a father figure to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, talk about role reversal. Nice to that for once the brotha isn't being portrayed as the deadbeat parent. Know what, i wonder if that would be something we would like to see. Even its done horribly in comics I wonder the dynamics of Bishop becoming a young father. They are apparently making plenty of babies on the island, what Bishop low key met another mutant and they procreate.
    Who's making babies? No, wait! A better question would be which of the X-females are currently preggers?

Yes, that thing tends to age a character, but somehow Jubilation Lee is making it work!
    Bah, it would have had far more impressive if Jubilation had given birth to Shogo herself. But, hey... What do I know?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-18-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Incredible Member

So, the lastest issue of Marauders acknowledged Bishop as the guy to take on Nimrods (with him suggesting Harry Leland as a deterrent and Mars as a battlefield), but couldn't bother to waste time as to why he's the guy (with him being the only one who grew up around them). Instead we got several pages of the Wilson Fisk for some reason - like really, after the revelation that Lourdes survived, that could've all been dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    So, the lastest issue of Marauders acknowledged Bishop as the guy to take on Nimrods (with him suggesting Harry Leland as a deterrent and Mars as a battlefield), but couldn't bother to waste time as to why he's the guy (with him being the only one who grew up around them). Instead we got several pages of the Wilson Fisk for some reason - like really, after the revelation that Lourdes survived, that could've all been dialogue.
    If I'm guessing right, Bishop makes an appearance maybe every 4-5 issues of Marauders so they have to come up with a reason for him to have an appearance other than being him being on the team.

I'm going to retread some old ground here so bear with me. Bishop was brought onto the Marauders team for reasons that still aren't clear to me. He became a member of the Hellfire Club so that he could watch Kate's back.

So when Shaw attempts to kill Kate, not only does Bishop not protect her, he doesn't even know that it was Shaw because they don't tell him! Kate and Emmy decided to handle things on their own without telling the one person who was asked by Kate herself to watch her back.

To top it off, Bishop who is a detective didn't even try to investigate who attempted to kill Kate. So again the question remains, why is Bishop on a team where he's not doing anything other than filling space.

Hey! Guess what Bishop did in Marauders?

Nothing.

Extraordinary Member

I just don't understand why such a great character is being so underutilized.

Please just let Bishop go to Arakko and leave this Hellfire garbage in the rearview.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Yeah, this. I remember a scant few references to Bishop being young in a 23-26yrs old way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm going to retread some old ground here so bear with me. Bishop was brought onto the Marauders team for reasons that still aren't clear to me. He became a member of the Hellfire Club so that he could watch Kate's back.

So when Shaw attempts to kill Kate, not only does Bishop not protect her, he doesn't even know that it was Shaw because they don't tell him! Kate and Emmy decided to handle things on their own without telling the one person who was asked by Kate herself to watch her back.

To top it off, Bishop who is a detective didn't even try to investigate who attempted to kill Kate. So again the question remains, why is Bishop on a team where he's not doing anything other than filling space.
    (Shhhhh..quota) Man, I have no idea so far as to why he's on this team.

The only bishop from today.

bishop00.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The only bishop from today.

bishop00.jpg
    I see stuff like this and I see the potential of Bishop being a leader of his own team and then I think that they aren't going to have him do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I see stuff like this and I see the potential of Bishop being a leader of his own team and then I think that they aren't going to have him do anything.
    Agreed, its infuriating to see this wide open space that's well suited for him to be in. If there was a dire need for representation, its in the X-office.