Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just call it a Jheri Curl mullet with a shag.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Scott doesn't choose the captains, they were elected by the quiet council. Bishop doesn't need vaalidation from white men
    Perhaps, but it would be nice if the white men would actually write him on the book he supposed to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Perhaps, but it would be nice if the white men would actually write him on the book he supposed to be in.
    That would be nice. Marauders is basically a stealth book for Kate and Emma at this point.

Bishop's panel time(along with the rest of the team) has diminished during the last few issues.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

That would be nice. Marauders is basically a stealth book for Kate and Emma at this point.

Bishop's panel time(along with the rest of the team) has diminished during the last few issues.
    yup to the first part. hopefully with a couple of members leaving he gets more time. he deserves it. I dont think any arcs or stories have been devoted to him.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

How about de-aging Bishop somehow and making him a kid? So instead of an experienced, proven X-man we could see new adventures with him as a rookie? Is that something his fans might be interested in as a new approach to the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    How about de-aging Bishop somehow and making him a kid? So instead of an experienced, proven X-man we could see new adventures with him as a rookie? Is that something his fans might be interested in as a new approach to the character?
    humm I see what you did here. Delete before someone from Marvel see it ahah

Just interested in whether his fans would enjoy that approach.

That's too similar to what they just did with Cable and earlier with the O-5. I'd rather they just keep him at whatever age he is now. They just need to use him in a meaningful way.

That's too similar to what they just did with Cable and earlier with the O-5. I'd rather they just keep him at whatever age he is now. They just need to use him in a meaningful way.
    that was sarcasm

I like this concept art. If Disney were to do D+ series with X-characters, I could see Bishop as a lead for one that takes place in the future as him leading the XSE. It could curtail into it ending with him going to the past which transitions him into a movie
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-12-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Unfortunately I think it'll be a long time on the current trajectory before they introduce Bishop in the MCU. However, best bet IMO to fast track him would be via Deadpool 3 and his introduction into the MCU. Especially if they establish that it was his screwing around with Cable's bodyslide time travel technology at the end which causes him to end up in an alternate timeline. That timeline, of course, being the MCU.

Start it out big and ambitious, setting the tone up front. Deadpool is stuck in the Days of Future Past timeline, with giant comic accurate purple Sentinels and everything. Nimrod shows up (Wade gets a huge kick out of his name before having a giant hole blasted in his chest). Suddenly, Bishop and the XSE show up and rescue him. They take him to a safe house where he explains that he's from the past, and he stole his best buddy Cable's time travel doohickey, but it's broken and now he's stuck. Enter (a very old) Forge, who examines it, determines it's legit and repairs it for him. He tells him he's got to go back and try to stop this timeline. Deadpool says, "No way! I've tried messing around with time and apparently all it does is create new timelines [looks at the audience, "You see where this is going right?"]. He hits the button, begins to travel back and Bishop tackles him, traveling with him to the present day MCU. Boom.

Lots of hilarity ensues as they track down MCU Cable and Domino, who don't know Deadpool and believe he's crazy (also, Cable is still Josh Brolin but camera angles and CGI make him much bigger and comic book accurate; which is another gag). Wade rambles on about Bishop being his new best buddy, and Cable still being a racist and just jealous, etc. Anyway...

… no idea what the plot of Deadpool 3 is going to be. But if it started that way and brought Bishop to the present day MCU along the way... well, I could go for it. Maybe he could even join X-Force with Deadpool, Cable, Domino and some others? Might be fun. And in an R-rated format he could be free to be a bad sumbitch. They all could. I can see it.

Extraordinary Member

I thought that was the solution when he turned heel. The older Bishop would die, and be replaced by another. The younger version absorbed one-way temporal energy, and found himself in the 616 continuity.

IIRC during the twelve story, the Bishop the X-Men encountered was a bit different.

Interesting. I did not know that.

Unfortunately I think it'll be a long time on the current trajectory before they introduce Bishop in the MCU. However, best bet IMO to fast track him would be via Deadpool 3 and his introduction into the MCU. Especially if they establish that it was his screwing around with Cable's bodyslide time travel technology at the end which causes him to end up in an alternate timeline. That timeline, of course, being the MCU.

Start it out big and ambitious, setting the tone up front. Deadpool is stuck in the Days of Future Past timeline, with giant comic accurate purple Sentinels and everything. Nimrod shows up (Wade gets a huge kick out of his name before having a giant hole blasted in his chest). Suddenly, Bishop and the XSE show up and rescue him. They take him to a safe house where he explains that he's from the past, and he stole his best buddy Cable's time travel doohickey, but it's broken and now he's stuck. Enter (a very old) Forge, who examines it, determines it's legit and repairs it for him. He tells him he's got to go back and try to stop this timeline. Deadpool says, "No way! I've tried messing around with time and apparently all it does is create new timelines [looks at the audience, "You see where this is going right?"]. He hits the button, begins to travel back and Bishop tackles him, traveling with him to the present day MCU. Boom.

Lots of hilarity ensues as they track down MCU Cable and Domino, who don't know Deadpool and believe he's crazy (also, Cable is still Josh Brolin but camera angles and CGI make him much bigger and comic book accurate; which is another gag). Wade rambles on about Bishop being his new best buddy, and Cable still being a racist and just jealous, etc. Anyway...

… no idea what the plot of Deadpool 3 is going to be. But if it started that way and brought Bishop to the present day MCU along the way... well, I could go for it. Maybe he could even join X-Force with Deadpool, Cable, Domino and some others? Might be fun. And in an R-rated format he could be free to be a bad sumbitch. They all could. I can see it.
    Actually I think there's a chance that he comes in earlier than later. I'm considering the corporate planning aspect. Just to make sure there's black male representing I think Marvel is going to just have him be part of current team, but maybe start him off in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Actually I think there's a chance that he comes in earlier than later. I'm considering the corporate planning aspect. Just to make sure there's black male representing I think Marvel is going to just have him be part of current team, but maybe start him off in the background.
    Possibly. It’s just the time travel aspect that’s tough. That’s why if DP3 involves time travel, it could be the perfect vehicle to bring him here. Then from there Bishop could show up in other X-men stuff that comes later as Feige builds to it. Seems like that’s a long way off, though. DP3 will film next year according to him, so will likely be the first MCU X-project.

We had time travel done 2 years ago in Endgame. Its not that difficult a concept to grasp and the MCU has already shown precedence to not shy from using it