Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Still waiting to see some character development...
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

I know Marvel is pushing this as X-man but honestly I don’t see how it is him. They just needed a powerful enemy for the x-men and we get psi powered insane former hero. Nothing about it so far screams Nate. I don’t remember any appearances that hinted this was to come or any of his motivations being based in the character. Is it just the fact that he kidnapped apocalypse and that marvel wants to ride the nostalgia of AoA? Is that the only things that makes it something that required Nate.

If this works or is working it just tells me that Marvel can change any character off panel. I just remember Bishop and what a dumb idea that was. Maybe next time Betsy trips and hits her head, turning her Evil. Makes about the same sense as this.

BANNED

Nate Grey was the only book I would read after the AoA ended until the Onslaught crossover. This Nate Grey sounds completely different. It was already wrong when they depowered him in that 2010 era for the Norman Osborn push and to sell Sentry but this is off...he would never take Apocalypse's advice...Magneto's? Sure..he was the greatest hero on his planet but Apocalypse is the personification of everything he despises. I guess this can be explained if Apocalypse, Legion, or Stryfe are somehow pulling the strings.

Spectacular Member

It's amazing that they have never had Nate meet or at least be near 616 Forge. You would have thought that might be a good storyline at some time. Back in the day I thought for sure they would have had a story with X-Factor tracking Nate down due to his power and the goverment worried about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Nate Grey was the only book I would read after the AoA ended until the Onslaught crossover. This Nate Grey sounds completely different. It was already wrong when they depowered him in that 2010 era for the Norman Osborn push and to sell Sentry but this is off...he would never take Apocalypse's advice...Magneto's? Sure..he was the greatest hero on his planet but Apocalypse is the personification of everything he despises. I guess this can be explained if Apocalypse, Legion, or Stryfe are somehow pulling the strings.
    Apocalypse is his captive, and Legion's working to stop him. Advice taking doesn't seem Stryfe's style. Maybe this is an alternate reality version of X-Man. This doesn't seem to be the Nate Grey we know, who most recently appeared in Cable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Apocalypse is his captive, and Legion's working to stop him. Advice taking doesn't seem Stryfe's style. Maybe this is an alternate reality version of X-Man. This doesn't seem to be the Nate Grey we know, who most recently appeared in Cable.
    Nate already contemplated restarting everyone but Spider Man talked him out of it. Why the hell would he ever take Apocalypse at face value??

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I'm still going with the Legion is the root cause right now. Either one of his personalities is in control of Nate or Legion did something to make Nate act this way so Legion can be a hero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I'm still going with the Legion is the root cause right now. Either one of his personalities is in control of Nate or Legion did something to make Nate act this way so Legion can be a hero.
    Except Legion was never the type to act sneakily like this, and certainly not through third parties. Nate Grey as shaman was a bit messianic, and Legion has never been messianic.

It's clearly a Nate Grey doing this. Whether its the X-Man we know remains to be seen.

BANNED

That was a bit much and I don't blame them. Editorial should have blocked this. It was in extremely poor taste. Of course, this entire Uncanny relaunch has basically been complete crap. For all we know it's intended to be regular Nate Grey doing this. This series is just that bad, including the current state of the X-Men Comics which are just in a holding period until Disney can complete it's buyout of Fox and until the X-Men Comics can be coordinated with the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    thanks Silver Fang

I miss the real Nate. Not this Jesus-wannabe.