Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by takom View Post
    a clone is a copy of a living being he is genetically engineered.
    By the way where did he showed up again?
    aoa and yes he is genetically engineered

Cable 29 Moira Nate Grey Not Clone

I'm not saying his a clone of cable

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    I really liked X-Man and loved what Warren Ellis did with him, as for coming back to full strength.... Not so sure it would be great it he worked on increasing his abilities to use them at least occasionally and maybe became All-New Shaman recognising the previous character development.
    Sending Nate on a spirit quest to regain at least some of his powerset and a new purpose is not a bad idea, imo. There's got to be at least as much mileage out of that as there is a Magneto ongoing.

Diamanda_Nero

I would love to see this! I hate how he lost so much of his power set, but a tweak was needed. I hate how some really good characters just get put on the back burner. I still don't understand how Black Bolt came back and no word of Vulcan or how Galactus came back and no word of Hyperstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamanda_Nero View Post
    I would love to see this! I hate how he lost so much of his power set, but a tweak was needed. I hate how some really good characters just get put on the back burner. I still don't understand how Black Bolt came back and no word of Vulcan or how Galactus came back and no word of Hyperstorm.
    Galactus went through some sort of super saiyan fusion and then got stuck in the Ultimate Negative Zone by getting punched in the face by a giant Shadowcat.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

the-bearded-professor

BANNED

Nate Grey is one of my all-time favorite characters.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Nate Grey is one of my all-time favorite characters.
    Yep you get this like liberating feeling of freedom reading X-Man, since he is essentially all-powerful but at the same time he is just wandering around and finding out more about other inhabitants nearby, and isn't really obsessed with any particular goals or teammates. It's very nice.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yep you get this like liberating feeling of freedom reading X-Man, since he is essentially all-powerful but at the same time he is just wandering around and finding out more about other inhabitants nearby, and isn't really obsessed with any particular goals or teammates. It's very nice.
    Nate's a refugee in the main 616 Marvel Universe, from Earth-295 (the Age of Apocalypse reality) which no longer exists. In that way, he's a stranger to the regular world, a unique soul looking for his way. I even see some parallels with Kal-El, Superman, from the DC Universe.

Also, for those commenters who alluded to his background where there appears to be some confusion, Nate Grey was created by Earth-295's Mister Sinister from the pure genetic materials of that world's Scott Summers and Jean Grey, he is not a 'clone' of anyone. He was created by Sinister to kill Apocalypse but Essex built-in a feature to Nate's enormous power-set that would eventually consume his body and kill him as well (he did this so Nate wouldn't turn on Sinister after he'd destroyed Apocalypse). Nate may have overcome this limitation through spirituality (his 'Shaman' era and sacrifice to save the world in the X-Man series come to mind), also his resurrection (during Dark Reign), or by some other means.

Cable and Stryfe are from an entirely different reality/timeline to Nate Grey and are separate entities. Cable's mother was Madelyne Pryor, who was an imperfect clone of Jean Grey, and Stryfe is a clone of Cable without the techno-organic virus that he (Cable) was infected with. Aside from superficial similarities between Nate and a younger Cable with their basic power-sets and genes being identical, they are different people. So, Nate Grey is the only biological 'child' of Jean Grey, albeit one from a reality that no longer exists. Also, Nate is much more powerful (at his peak) than either Cable or Stryfe.

It's unfortunate that Marvel has depowered him and put him in limbo for the moment, as there are some really good, inspiring stories to tell with Nate Grey/X-Man even at full power if there is enough will and imagination put into it.
    Last edited by Zodlike; 11-16-2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: txt

Fan Art Map AOA BY Sheyuki

YEAH!!! NATE!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Nate's a refugee in the main 616 Marvel Universe, from Earth-295 (the Age of Apocalypse reality) which no longer exists. In that way, he's a stranger to the regular world, a unique soul looking for his way. I even see some parallels with Kal-El, Superman, from the DC Universe.

Also, for those commenters who alluded to his background where there appears to be some confusion, Nate Grey was created by Earth-295's Mister Sinister from the pure genetic materials of that world's Scott Summers and Jean Grey, he is not a 'clone' of anyone. He was created by Sinister to kill Apocalypse but Essex built-in a feature to Nate's enormous power-set that would eventually consume his body and kill him as well (he did this so Nate wouldn't turn on Sinister after he'd destroyed Apocalypse). Nate may have overcome this limitation through spirituality (his 'Shaman' era and sacrifice to save the world in the X-Man series come to mind), also his resurrection (during Dark Reign), or by some other means.
    Cable and Stryfe are from an entirely different reality/timeline to Nate Grey and are separate entities. Cable's mother was Madelyne Pryor, who was an imperfect clone of Jean Grey, and Stryfe is a clone of Cable without the techno-organic virus that he (Cable) was infected with. Aside from superficial similarities between Nate and a younger Cable with their basic power-sets and genes being identical, they are different people. So, Nate Grey is the only biological 'child' of Jean Grey, albeit one from a reality that no longer exists. Also, Nate is much more powerful (at his peak) than either Cable or Stryfe.
    1. Please elaborate on how you came to the conclusion that Madelyne was an imperfect clone of Jean Grey?
    2. Stryfe wasn't completely free of the Techno Virus.
    3. Rachel is more an actual biological child of Jean Grey then Nate Grey is as she was actually birthed by Jean Grey of Earth #811.

It's unfortunate that Marvel has depowered him and put him in limbo for the moment, as there are some really good, inspiring stories to tell with Nate Grey/X-Man even at full power if there is enough will and imagination put into it.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-29-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fan Art Map AOA BY Sheyuki
    I was really interested in the geopolitical situation in the rest of Earth-295. It was a shame that the AOA ongoing didn't get to that; it was planned for the 2nd year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    1. Please elaborate on how you came to the conclusion that Madelyne was an imperfect clone of Jean Grey?
    2. Stryfe wasn't completely free of the Techno Virus.
    3. Rachel is more an actual biological child of Jean Grey then Nate Grey is as she was actually birthed by Jean Grey of Earth #811.
    1) Madelyne Pryor was human, not a mutant. Ergo, she is/was an imperfect clone of Jean Grey, who is a mutant.

2) Re; the T-O virus and Stryfe: alright, if you say so. Stryfe claimed a number of times in the comics he was free of it.

3) Fair point about Rachel, I guess, seeing that she's Scott/Jean's biological daughter from Earth-811 ("Days of Future Past") timeline. Perhaps I should have said Nate is the only biological "son" of Jean Grey from another reality, not "child" in general.