Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I’m must admit, considering we do seem to be headed for the Future State status quo, I’m curious to see how the Foxesget there without being thoroughly destroyed (Luke)

I mean, I can reasonably see Lucius going over to Saint/Nakano completely when Joker rocks back up to set the record straight about A-Day in his ‘charming’ homicidal way (because Brice is dumb enough to do a team-up probably), but Luke seemingly selling out to the magistrate because Tiffany blames him for Tam’s state is a different matter

Well...I guess Segovia is not too bad, but I will miss Coipel if he's only on issue 1.

I AM BATMAN #2

Written by JOHN RIDLEY
    Pencils and inks by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
    Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    Variant by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/12/21
    Jace Fox is on the streets as Batman, fighting the misinformation and violence flooding Gotham City during Fear State. What mysterious connection exists between the Magistrate and The Next Batman: Second Son villain Arkadine? And what Gotham vigilante pays the ultimate price when a misguided young man shoots him down in cold blood?.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well...I guess Segovia is not too bad, but I will miss Coipel if he's only on issue 1.

I AM BATMAN #2

Written by JOHN RIDLEY
    Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/12/21
    Jace Fox is on the streets as Batman, fighting the misinformation and violence flooding Gotham City during Fear State. What mysterious connection exists between the Magistrate and The Next Batman: Second Son villain Arkadine? And what Gotham vigilante pays the ultimate price when a misguided young man shoots him down in cold blood?.
    I have a feeling it will be Batwing that will get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    My exact thought as well, mainly to build family and character drama I would think.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I don't think it'll be Luke only because I don't think they're planning on hospitalizing him (due to Tam already being comatose) or killing him because it's a pretty weak and random story point.

though, I guess I could see it being Luke if the "sacrifice" means the incident leads to him giving up the cape business (like we see him in Future State)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-16-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m must admit, considering we do seem to be headed for the Future State status quo, I’m curious to see how the Foxesget there without being thoroughly destroyed (Luke)

I mean, I can reasonably see Lucius going over to Saint/Nakano completely when Joker rocks back up to set the record straight about A-Day in his ‘charming’ homicidal way (because Brice is dumb enough to do a team-up probably), but Luke seemingly selling out to the magistrate because Tiffany blames him for Tam’s state is a different matter
    Honestly I don't see them go full "Future State". So we might not get Tiffany in a hospital bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I AM BATMAN #2

Written by JOHN RIDLEY
    Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/12/21
    That art looks great. I'm in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Honestly I don't see them go full "Future State". So we might not get Tiffany in a hospital bed.
    Didn't Tiffany already end up in a hospital bed during Second Son? I remember her collapsing, and Luke going after Ratcatcher but failing to get a cure. I don't think she ever got out, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Didn't Tiffany already end up in a hospital bed during Second Son? I remember her collapsing, and Luke going after Ratcatcher but failing to get a cure. I don't think she ever got out, if I remember correctly.
    I think I confused her for Tamara. My bad.

Incredible Member

At the start of the Batman: Fear State Comic Con @ Home panel, John Ridley spoke about Jace Fox, and touched upon Future State/Second Son/I Am Batman. He ended with this interesting tease:

And next year, we have one more surprise for you that's gonna change the Fox family, and maybe the DC Universe, forever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=998HR2Jd2dc

Luke gets married to Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    At the start of the Batman: Fear State Comic Con @ Home panel, John Ridley spoke about Jace Fox, and touched upon Future State/Second Son/I Am Batman. He ended with this interesting tease:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=998HR2Jd2dc
    My money is on first confrontation with Bruce that doesn’t end as we expect, ie Bruce approves of him or something.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'd be ok with that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    If DC's editors did not mess up Burnside Batgirl-we might have saw that.

I'm interested in the Batpack from TT Academy meeting Jace. They are Batman fans so it would be curious to see them interacting with the Next Batman. .

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm interested in the Batpack from TT Academy meeting Jace. They are Batman fans so it would be curious to see them interacting with the Next Batman. .
    I feel like as diehard Bat fans they would not like him at first, calling him an imposter or something to that effect. Then later they’d realize he’s alright.
    Words to live by.