Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 570
  1. #496
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    It was all over the media, and literally no one cared. It was completely forgotten.
    There was much more general interest in Tim becoming queer.
    As long as Jace won't be in a movie or video game, literally no one will know or care.
    Bruce Wayne is the Batman the general public knows and cares for. Would the general public care if they replace Batwoman or Terry with a new character? Not really.
    It was not all over the media, He has not broken out to the general public yet. Its gonna take some time.

  2. #497
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jace will stick around if they use him in outside media, and heíll fade away if they donít, thatís the long and short of it.
    Question is in what capacity, I mean Batwoman had a TV show, she is barely around at the moment. Same goes for Black Lightning.

  3. #498
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If the rumors are true, after Flash movie Keaton will be the Batman of DCEU, mentoring young heroes like Batgirl. That's might be a best chance for him. Of course, if they won't choose Terry or Damian, which is actually more likely at this point. Either that, or, I don't know, they might introduce him through Batwoman on CW, considering that Luke is already there and is a big part of the show.
    The DCEU makes the most sense to me, because Affleck is apparently exiting and Keaton is too old to be Batman. You could easily have Jace be the replacement Batman to go along with the Leslie Grace Batgirl thatís coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  4. #499
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    There's no chance Damian becomes Batman in live action.
    There is a chance.
    I would have said that there's no chance a Joker Movie would end up making more profit than Endgame without China but here we are.

    If Damian as considered for a game and WB went so far as to have concepts drawn up for the game then there's a chance of a live action BatDamain.

    They all have a chance.

    An Arabian Batman with a Jewish grandmother. Twitter and instagram will both implode with excitement.

    [I don't understand why some fans care so much about twitter. If we learnt anything from the Round robin it's that Instagram is the only social media site worth a darn]

  5. #500
    Incredible Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    There is a chance.
    I would have said that there's no chance a Joker Movie would end up making more profit than Endgame without China but here we are.

    If Damian as considered for a game and WB went so far as to have concepts drawn up for the game then there's a chance of a live action BatDamain.

    They all have a chance.

    An Arabian Batman with a Jewish grandmother. Twitter and instagram will both implode with excitement.

    [I don't understand why some fans care so much about twitter. If we learnt anything from the Round robin it's that Instagram is the only social media site worth a darn]
    Nah. They'd do something easier to adapt like Terry or Jace before they ever do something as complicated as that. You'd have to introduce Damian, establish him as the son of Batman, blah blah blah. That's something you do with a Batman Universe that's already been defined.

  6. #501
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Nah. They'd do something easier to adapt like Terry or Jace before they ever do something as complicated as that. You'd have to introduce Damian, establish him as the son of Batman, blah blah blah. That's something you do with a Batman Universe that's already been defined.
    Prove it. Again as complicated as you claim Damian is wB still choose him for as the candidate for a batman not named Bruce Wayne Game.

    Jace wasn't around then but Terry was and they still picked Damian and put money and resources into it till they decided on a game that didn't have Batman at all.

    So at the very least you have been proven wrong on Terry and have nothing to back up your Jace idea.

    We don't know for facts what plans WB does have for live action batman but know for certain that WB liked the idea of BatDamian so much they put their money where their mouth was.

  7. #502
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The DCEU makes the most sense to me, because Affleck is apparently exiting and Keaton is too old to be Batman. You could easily have Jace be the replacement Batman to go along with the Leslie Grace Batgirl that’s coming.
    But you've got Pattinson with his own solo films even if they're not in the DCEU. Could they spin a Batman that only appears in other people's movies and is a completely new name?

  8. #503
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatsUSA View Post
    145,000+ Tweets on Batman Day this past Saturday. I counted 13 for Jace.
    Well remember Jace LOST some attention because of his writer.

    Ridley was SUPPOSE to be doing Black Panther at Marvel right now. That got pushed back to November. So free press off of that got lost.

    Along with the fact Ridley has a movie in the works that got announced before issue 0 came out.

    So timing derailed a lot for Jace.


    Twitter didn't rage when DC strapped a bomb to one of the few comics characters with a middle Eastern heritage.
    They didn't rage when Dc took the Batgirl mantle from an Asian disabled character to give it to a white character
    They didn't race when DC kicked out their most visible and best selling character of colour for a white replacement with lower sales figures.
    The Twitter rage crowd CHERRY PICKS rage. They won't rage over Jace because Naomi has a show and Nubia has a book coming out. And they are watching what DC does with Milestone. They don't care about Jace right not because it's not time to rage yet.


    It's funny how @GSman said that miles was the most successful character of colour in the last 20 years. That was Damian Wayne by a long stretch up till Spiderverse dropped.
    Well most folks don't know Damian is a POC. Not everyone is verse on how diverse in skin tone POC can be.

    Now Miles has Damian BURIED in terms of solo issues. Marvel left Miles in his own book for 3-4 years before you saw him in other books.

    Damian was in DC's top selling franchise book and been a victim of bad writing since he came back from the dead.



    All their successful characters of colour have done so inspite of DC's shitty handling and treatrment.
    And that is more to the testament of certain writers and outside media. And to Dwayne McDuffie.

    Funny how tv can do Cyborg justice but comics......
    Vixen can have a tv show but not a solo series......
    Duke can have toys but be an after thought at times....
    Cassandra Cain was the most successful Asian female with a solo and then came Ms Marvel.

  9. #504
    Incredible Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Prove it. Again as complicated as you claim Damian is wB still choose him for as the candidate for a batman not named Bruce Wayne Game.

    Jace wasn't around then but Terry was and they still picked Damian and put money and resources into it till they decided on a game that didn't have Batman at all.

    So at the very least you have been proven wrong on Terry and have nothing to back up your Jace idea.

    We don't know for facts what plans WB does have for live action batman but know for certain that WB liked the idea of BatDamian so much they put their money where their mouth was.
    They canceled the game. They didn't put money into any mouths. They took the money out and dumped it into the blender and disposed of it.

  10. #505
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Really?
    I mean technically he isn't even the first POC Batman, that was Wayne Williams, and that guy had at least a clear origin story...
    Agree. But Wayne Williams in 2001 was with Earth 6 (Just Imagine elseworld), while David Zavimbe was the first Batwing in 2011, followed by Luke Fox. I do think there is powerful moral and ethical argument, however, for a Black American Batman, given the centuries of injustice and horrible urban crime affecting so many victims. The moral argument fits with the original concept of Batman in fighting a war on crime to protect innocents. However, I think John Ridley's plot origin for Jace Fox (hit and run murder, then cover-up) does not honor that sympathetic and moral argument, whereas the origin for CW's Batwoman Ryan Wilder does.

    Given the ongoing persecution we see across America, a two-tier broken justice system, the long history of persecution, and the very real problem of violence we see every day, an honorable and sympathetic character and origin could have easily been done. John Ridley chose to go another route on this. That makes it a more complex story, but it also makes it a very flawed and unsympathetic story.

  11. #506
    Incredible Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatsUSA View Post
    Agree. But Wayne Williams in 2001 was with Earth 6 (Just Imagine elseworld), while David Zavimbe was the first Batwing in 2011, followed by Luke Fox. I do think there is powerful moral and ethical argument, however, for a Black American Batman, given the centuries of injustice and horrible urban crime affecting so many victims. The moral argument fits with the original concept of Batman in fighting a war on crime to protect innocents. However, I think John Ridley's plot origin for Jace Fox (hit and run murder, then cover-up) does not honor that sympathetic and moral argument, whereas the origin for CW's Batwoman Ryan Wilder does.

    Given the ongoing persecution we see across America, a two-tier broken justice system, the long history of persecution, and the very real problem of violence we see every day, an honorable and sympathetic character and origin could have easily been done. John Ridley chose to go another route on this. That makes it a more complex story, but it also makes it a very flawed and unsympathetic story.
    No, the character feels deep regret for his actions. I don't see any flaws, it's pretty tight, and everyone can sympathize with regret. My criticism is that the art for The Next Batman: Second Son disappointed me. Yes, I liked Superman: Son of Kal-El's art better.

  12. #507
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatsUSA View Post
    Agree. But Wayne Williams in 2001 was with Earth 6 (Just Imagine elseworld), while David Zavimbe was the first Batwing in 2011, followed by Luke Fox. I do think there is powerful moral and ethical argument, however, for a Black American Batman, given the centuries of injustice and horrible urban crime affecting so many victims. The moral argument fits with the original concept of Batman in fighting a war on crime to protect innocents. However, I think John Ridley's plot origin for Jace Fox (hit and run murder, then cover-up) does not honor that sympathetic and moral argument, whereas the origin for CW's Batwoman Ryan Wilder does.
    I think Wayne Williams does that also well, while case of Jace, the spoiled kid of the CEO of gigantic cooperation, it comes of it doesn't work that well.

    Jace is to me a little bit like Kate Kane, in that they stuffed so many things in his background, that is motivation is kind of muddled.
    Is he doing this because of gilt over the hit and run, or because of what happend to his sister or because of injustice against black people or ...

  13. #508
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    They canceled the game. They didn't put money into any mouths. They took the money out and dumped it into the blender and disposed of it.
    And they pushed the main batfamily members instead. Not another Batman.

    Company-wise, that makes sense. The copyrights to Superman and Batman will become public domain in less than 10 years from now, IIRC.
    So anyone could create a Black, or Asian, or Latino Batman in about 10 years.

    Now DC can state that they were first to create a black Batman, and use him if they'll ever think there's any general interest in him.

    But it would make much more sense for DC to try and push characters with relatively newer mantles like Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin or even Signal, which are all relatively new and have years before they also become public domains. And it seems that including some of these characters in the new video game is a step in this direction.

  14. #509
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Company-wise, that makes sense. The copyrights to Superman and Batman will become public domain in less than 10 years from now, IIRC.
    So anyone could create a Black, or Asian, or Latino Batman in about 10 years.
    I don't think it is that easy, since a lot of the modern additions to the mythos would still not be public domain, and DC likely still has tradesmarkes on the name Batman and the logos and so on. Meaning you probably really knowledgable in copyrights and in Batman comics to do that savely.

    But I also think it is smarter to push other Batfamily members over "not Bruce" Batman. Because the later will be largely relegated to else world typ stories, and is therefore way more limited in how he can be used.
    And for example in case of Damian, would really make much sense to promote him as Batman, when he is likely going to be Robin in the comics and most other adaptations in the foreseeable future?

  15. #510
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    They canceled the game. They didn't put money into any mouths. They took the money out and dumped it into the blender and disposed of it.
    They were willing to take their money out of their pockets
    The very fact that Damian was seriously considered while the rest weren't says a lot.


    Again you are not proving your point. You said that there's no chance of a live action Damain Prove it. Back up your stance with even a shred of evidence.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-21-2021 at 04:04 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •