Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Can anybody explain to me why he wants to be called "jace"? Could it be that John Riddley wanted to use Tim for the family connection but didn't like the name Tim so he just madr the random decision to make he himself only recognize another name?
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-15-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Can anybody explain to me why he wants to be called "jace"? Could it be that John Riddley wanted to use Tim for the family connection but didn't like the name Tim so he just madr the random decision to make he himself only recognize another name?
    it hasn't been explained yet in narrative (probably gonna be revealed in his origin) but from a meta perspective, it could be to avoid any naming confusion between Tim Fox and Tim Drake.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia and Dark Multiverse: METAL was great
    I support militant Professor X
    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Far Sector, Other History of the DC
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: The Next Batman, Future State: Green Lantern, FS: Aquaman, FS: Wonder Woman, Immortal Wonder Woman
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Well in all honesty it probably has to do with Jace's relationship with his family, he was sent off to military school or whatever school and instead of coming back he lived his life.

He forged his own identity away from his family, he most likely has a different last name as well, although I could see Ridley having Jace keep his last name since some last names are just common among people.

When Jace enters back into the Fox family he's not gonna retake the Tim name b/c it repsents his past self whatever that past self is, Jace is who he is now, he's worked through some things and the name Jace more than likely repsents the person he is and the person he is striving to be.

Now that's the nuance I want from Ridley, but I could also see Tim choosing the name Jace to escape his parents when they most likely looked for him after he didn't come home from wherever they sent him away to.

And obviously the real life reason Tim is Jace is b/c there is already a Tim that exists in the comics.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer