Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm kinda shocked Jace doesn't appear to have a role in shados of batman, the new Detective event.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm kinda shocked Jace doesn't appear to have a role in shados of batman, the new Detective event.
    If it's a batfamily event, I really can't see it working with Jace.
    The batfamily will see him as a Batman imposter, and try to take him out of the equation. It's one thing to be a new Gotham vigilante, and another thing to steal the identity of their mentor.
    Luke, on the other hand, could work well in this event.

I mean there’s good and bad with that.

The good is that Jace can go at his own pace and Ridley can tell his own story that just focuses on the new Batman who is starting out in Gotham.

The bad would be that we don’t get to introduce Jace in an event that probably would have him interact with the batfamily everyone knows and maybe show him to a wider audience who is not reading his book.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Is Jace’s time in the Terrible Trio still in continuity?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    According to their current motto, yeah, since ''everything happened''.
    But Ridley doesn't acknowledge that time. We can say that besides his name it's completely different character.
    I guess they want him to be separate from them, as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’d have to say no, not because that story was in a weird 70’s set retroactive story in 2011, but because it just doesn’t fit within the history that Ridley has given Jace. The current spoiled rich kid who got into a hit and run and sent away story does not at all fit with the ignored by father so suited up as a villain story, maybe it’s a past reality change that can be remembered but as of now it just doesn’t work.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

How long before the inevitable Jace Batman vs Luke Batwing fight?

Shadows of the Bat is a 12 week event, we have no idea if Jace will show up later or not. And when he DOES meet the Bat-Family, you can bet no one is taking Batman from him. Obviously.

Jace’s first meeting with Bruce’s Batfamily is probably something Ridley wants to handle himself in IAB.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jace’s first meeting with Bruce’s Batfamily is probably something Ridley wants to handle himself in IAB.
    I imagine it could be a tie-in. There's still that "surprise that'll change the DCU" he was talking about at Comic-Con.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seems like Ridley is handling the bulk of Jace's development so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm down for Bendis to share the responsibility.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    No, the character feels deep regret for his actions.
    Not enough regret to be accountable under the law for his actions.
    He wants to hold other people accountable, but not willing to be held accountable under the law himself.
    He wants to live a public fraud of being a responsible individual, who has never been responsible for actual murder.
    Regret and Responsibility are world's apart.

Sorry, most people are not going to see anything heroic in that.
    It is fundamentally flawed - not just to the Acevedo family, but also to society.
    We wouldn't want this person as a police officer, but we can accept them as Batman? That is simply too hypocritical for me.
    It is no different than the Azrael killer version wearing a Batman outfit, but this is actually worse as Jace killed an innocent man in the street, and left him to die.

A smart move by DC would be to have Luke Fox take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah he’s mostly keeping Jace to himself right now, even though it says he’s involved with Fear State he’s really not besides the fact that the magistrate exist. 100% doubt we’d even see him in the same scene with Scarecrow. But that’s probably for the best to just build him up as Batman for now and have all the crossover stuff with Bat-family and the dc universe a little later down the line.

The only thing I could think of is probably Fear State Omega, I don’t have anything to back it up but with Bruce leaving Gotham I feel like that’s when the two of them meet.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by BatsUSA View Post
    Not enough regret to be accountable under the law for his actions.
    He wants to hold other people accountable, but not willing to be held accountable under the law himself.
    He wants to live a public fraud of being a responsible individual, who has never been responsible for actual murder.
    Regret and Responsibility are world's apart.

Sorry, most people are not going to see anything heroic in that.
    It is fundamentally flawed - not just to the Acevedo family, but also to society.
    We wouldn't want this person as a police officer, but we can accept them as Batman? That is simply too hypocritical for me.
    It is no different than the Azrael killer version wearing a Batman outfit, but this is actually worse as Jace killed an innocent man in the street, and left him to die.

A smart move by DC would be to have Luke Fox take over.
    Jace being protected thanks to his dad’s wealth, realizing how crap that is, and trying to redeem himself via using his wealth to make a difference is actually a great origin concept. If he was just another victim of a crime he’d be boring frankly, that’s already covered in the Batfamily (Bruce, Dick, Duke, Babs), as is human weapon (Cass, Damian), fanboy/girl (Tim, Steph), and edgy antihero (Jason). None of the other Batfamily members are motivated by guilt, so Jace stands out. Luke would be a boring choice for the exact reason Ridley presumably went with Jace: he’s too squeaky clean. He’s not flawed enough to be Batman.

That said Second Son was just ok, so it remains to be seen if that sticks or not.

Frankly I haven’t seen anyone except you refuse to read Jace because of his origin. Seriously doubt it plays any role in whether or not someone will accept a black Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/