Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s got to be Tiffany
    See I’ve seen a preview image but I’m not 100% sure. First that would mean Jace recruited his little sister to fight crime, which seems a little irresponsible but then again Bruce isn’t exactly the bastion of child responsibility. Second, Lucius can’t figure out that three of his four kids are masked vigilantes?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/19/dc...black-white-3/

I’m sharing this preview because John Ridley’s telling a Jace story where he has sidekick. One interesting thing to note from the art is that I honestly really like that it looks like Coipel took the Next Batman variant cover (the shattered mask one) and made it into a story here.
    I thought it was Maps from Gotham Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it was Maps from Gotham Academy.
    That’s a different story in the same series, I think it’s actually in the next issue by the artist I believe it was on Gotham Academy.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...f-future-state
    Timothy Fox, the long-forgotten son of Lucius Fox’s family, is the Next Batman. What else is there to say? After Lucius received control of the Wayne family fortune in the aftermath of “The Joker War,” writer John Ridley is elaborating on the future, present and hidden past of this latest Dark Knight in Future State: The Next Batman, the 12-issue limited series The Next Batman, and the digital-first The Next Batman: Second Son. As followers of his The Other History of the DC Universe already know, when it comes to DC history, John Ridley rolls DEEP. So even if Bruce Wayne is sitting this one out, these adventures starring a new Batman are ones that lovers of Gotham City lore will not want to miss.

Huh, that is weird. I assumed that would be Second Son as digitally its 12 chapters and then collected into 4 issues physically. But maybe this means there is an unannounced Jace series after Second Son establishes his origin.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Huh, that is weird. I assumed that would be Second Son as digitally its 12 chapters and then collected into 4 issues physically. But maybe this means there is an unannounced Jace series after Second Son establishes his origin.
    Yes, it confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yes, it confirms it.
    In that case I have to assume they are testing Jace to see how he sells in various mini-series before they give him an ongoing, similar to Tim Drake in the 90's.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So the digitial first series will cover his origin and then we get a present day 12 issue series. Nice. It'll be nice if Ridley actually writes all 12 issues, I saw just last week his upcoming film Shirley started casting so I wonder if he'll be leaving comics sooner than anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So the digitial first series will cover his origin and then we get a present day 12 issue series. Nice. It'll be nice if Ridley actually writes all 12 issues, I saw just last week his upcoming film Shirley started casting so I wonder if he'll be leaving comics sooner than anticipated.
    I mean I assume that if Jace takes off, that eventually someone else will be put on his series after Ridley given the state of comics.

Also good for Ridley on his movie.
    Words to live by.

12 issues seems like enough to flesh out something fairly momentous as far as the present-day continuity.

Second son chapter 2 cover. First chapter comes out in a few hours!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Second son chapter 2 cover. First chapter comes out in a few hours!
    Where'd you find that?

So I read the first digital issue of Second Son, I liked it so far but I think it said a lot about Jace and Lucius relationship based on the last page reveal of who he sent to bring Jace home to Gotham.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Where'd you find that?
    On comixology

It would've been cool if Tim was a former recruit for the Colony.

I also thought Tim's portion of Black and White issue #3 was a prequel to his debut in Next Batman.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-23-2021 at 03:29 PM.