Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
If he's selling, then there's really no discussion and I'm honestly happy for his fans, but do you have any numbers backing up these claims?

From what I see, Jace's debut issue was in place 32 of the icv best selling list- a very low ranking for a new Batman book. Robin and Batman the detective, for comparison, were amongst the top comichorn 10 most selling books when they debuted, static was in place 14, and superman son of kal el was in place 17, so if these numbers are true, jace had a very bad debut issue.

Of course, we still don't have the comichorn numbers for August, so the book ranking may be higher, and the sales of issue #1 could even be higher (they should have been), but so far it seems that issue #1, despite being the big first issue, didn't make it to the top of the bestsellers of the week.
Actually, Superman: Son of Kal-El #1 debuted at place 34 in units and 44 in dollars according to icv2. I Am Batman #0 debuted at place 32 in units and 26 in dollars according to icv2. Which, yeah, happened to be above Nightwing #83.