Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    DC would probably try to adjust everything based on the readers reception. We already know they eventually course-correct when sales show lack of interest. Look at what they did with Damian or with Dick.
    And I think that if they'll have to make a choice between the two, it wouldn't be wise for them to chose Jace.

Btw - could you add Thorne reference about the sales?
    Well, yeah, of course you would think that, you're the primary one complaining on a thread about appreciating him. There's nothing to "choose" though, because he doesn't take anything away. It'll just be development you'll complain about.

Look on one of the Green Lantern threads.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Well, yeah, of course you would think that, you're the primary one complaining on a thread about appreciating him. There's nothing to "choose" though, because he doesn't take anything away. It'll just be development you'll complain about.

Look on one of the Green Lantern threads.
    Isn't it a Fox family appreciation thread? I appreciate Luke and Lucius, 2 characters that suffer greatly since Jace was introduced.

If you're stating a claim, I expect you'd be able to back it up, not send me to search the green lanterns thread with no reference.

Isn't it a Fox family appreciation thread? I appreciate Luke and Lucius, 2 characters that suffer greatly since Jace was introduced.

If you're stating a claim, I expect you'd be able to back it up, not send me to search the green lanterns thread with no reference.
    It wasn't the GL threads but the DC sales thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...of-June/page13

He did say that comichron wasn't accurate but he also said that no external source has all the info.

Icv lines up the most which is suspect for such a small and narrow sample size

I'm not one for Appreciation threads being echo chambers and I do see acknowledge that Luke is getting love but this debate seems more suited to the Iam Batman thread

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It wasn't the GL threads but the DC sales thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...of-June/page13

He did say that comichron wasn't accurate but he also said that no external source has all the info.

Icv lines up the most which is suspect for such a small and narrow sample size

I'm not one for Appreciation threads being echo chambers and I do see acknowledge that Luke is getting love but this debate seems more suited to the Iam Batman thread
    Thanks!
    And you're right.

DC wasn't doing anything with Lucius or Luke prior to Jace's reintroduction; you're chattin. I made this appreciation thread for ALL of the Fox Family, this includes Jace, if you wanna winge about Jace take that noise somewhere else please. thank you.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Honestly I like Jace and I think he's one of the better legacy characters in recent years. I'm fine if he pops up outside of his role as the Next Batman.

They can use his appearances as the Vulture as an undercover op he did or will do. Or an alternate universe version like Owlman on Earth 3.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-23-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Honestly I like Jace and I think he's one of the better legacy characters in recent years. I'm fine if he pops up outside of his role as the Next Batman.

They can use his appearances as the Vulture as an undercover op he did or will do. Or an alternate universe version like Owlman on Earth 3.
    That would actually be a cool callback honestly, especially since you can’t have two owl men...one would just kill the other for daring to share the name.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Nah, if he stops being Batman there’s no point to his character. They’d might as well have used Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol that Brother EYE stunt would’ve gotten anyone else locked up. Also you’re forgetting the child soldiers all of which have died or believed to have died at this point
    Oh...yeah.

I don't think of the Robins as child soldiers, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh...yeah.

I don't think of the Robins as child soldiers, but yeah.
    Neither do I and a few writers like Tomasi have tried to make the Robins less messed up. But:

You can’t really get around it. It’s like Superman’s glasses, either something you can accept as “in the context of the comic world the Robins are good” or something you can’t.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Neither do I and a few writers like Tomasi have tried to make the Robins less messed up. But:

You can’t really get around it. It’s like Superman’s glasses, either something you can accept as “in the context of the comic world the Robins are good” or something you can’t.
    It's a Frank Miller story set in a future that may-or-may-not happen.

Miller can be a sick puppy, and it doesn't necessarily 100% reflect present-day Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It's a Frank Miller story set in a future that may-or-may-not happen.

Miller can be a sick puppy, and it doesn't necessarily 100% reflect present-day Batman.
    It’s far more than that, come on now. It’s the Batman story, the one that still to this day defines Batman (and Superman too to a lesser degree unfortunately). But this is getting off topic for this thread.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It’s far more than that, come on now. It’s the Batman story, the one that still to this day defines Batman (and Superman too to a lesser degree unfortunately). But this is getting off topic for this thread.
    I bought those stories when they originally were published.

In my mind, they don't "define Batman".
    (Hell, there are things I don't like / don't accept regarding Miller's "Year One" arc.)

Doesn't Batman kill the Joker in those stories? Yep, they're definitive!

I don't mind Luke's portrayal in Second Son. I just saw it as First Act blues. If anything maybe he should've had a bigger role in the flashbacks. They are closer in age so it makes sense they would hang out when they were teens. Having Luke be his brother's keeper in the past explains why he mistrusts Jace more in the present.

The retcon with Jace is more concerning for Lucius. But it adds a new dimension to his character and sets up and interesting confrontation between him and Bruce.