Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Wait, is Bleeding Cool right and that the sidekick in Batman: Black and White is not Tiffany Fox but a new character in the fox family b/c that would bring into question how far into the future the Next Batman is if there is a whole other Fox child that's a preteen, but it also makes sense why Tiffany was drawn significantly older in Future State: The Next Batman in comparison to what I thought was another appearance by her in Batman: Black and White.
    we already know that Future State 2025 is meant to be about 5 years since the events of Death Metal, I don't that's enough time for a whole child to be born and grown into adolescence. also, Shazadam; so maybe we shouldn't be listening to bleeding cool as gospel. most the time their "big scoops" are just extrapolation, exaggeration, or simply spoilers from them having advanced copies.

this is cool, I'm intrigued to see how he does. maybe we could end up with a Luke Fox penned Luke Fox run one day.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Wait, is Bleeding Cool right and that the sidekick in Batman: Black and White is not Tiffany Fox but a new character in the fox family b/c that would bring into question how far into the future the Next Batman is if there is a whole other Fox child that's a preteen, but it also makes sense why Tiffany was drawn significantly older in Future State: The Next Batman in comparison to what I thought was another appearance by her in Batman: Black and White.
    ????????????

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    we already know that Future State 2025 is meant to be about 5 years since the events of Death Metal, I don't that's enough time for a whole child to be born and grown into adolescence. also, Shazadam; so maybe we shouldn't be listening to bleeding cool as gospel. most the time their "big scoops" are just extrapolation, exaggeration, or simply spoilers from them having advanced copies..
    We were right about Shazadam, but what did we say about Tiffany? BTW, we just totally leaked DC Comics' NFT plans...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    we already know that Future State 2025 is meant to be about 5 years since the events of Death Metal, I don't that's enough time for a whole child to be born and grown into adolescence. also, Shazadam; so maybe we shouldn't be listening to bleeding cool as gospel. most the time their "big scoops" are just extrapolation, exaggeration, or simply spoilers from them having advanced copies.
    We literally said it was Tiffany Fox - https://bleedingcool.com/comics/sund...k-and-white-3/

https://www.cbr.com/john-ridley-next...son-interview/

New Interview from Ridley, he seems to indicate we will learn about the origin of the name Jace and while he doesn't outright say it we will probably see Jace suit up as Batman soon. I derived that from "At some point, the public is going to realize that Jace is Black. We're not going to shy away from what that means when that's revealed." because Jace is only masked when he is Batman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    We were right about Shazadam, but what did we say about Tiffany? BTW, we just totally leaked DC Comics' NFT plans...
    you reported "Black Adam's name is now Shazadam", we read the story and it's only a civilian (I believe it was a child) who called him that, and the writer straight up said "his name was never literally changing to Shazadam". If you think you were right about Shazadam, then I truly question your reading comprehension my guy; which is a problem considering you do words for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    We literally said it was Tiffany Fox - https://bleedingcool.com/comics/sund...k-and-white-3/
    this seems like something you should be aiming toward the person who said you said otherwise then...

but ay, look man, get your paper. I'll never knock another man's hustle, but I'm standing on what I said. that's just my personal philosophy on tabloid rags and y'all haven't shown yourselves to be the exception to the rule. you a tabloid bruh, you gotta have thicker skin, you really can't be expecting everyone to believe anything y'all saying at this point bro.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

http://worldofblackheroes.com/2020/1...fox-character/

Tim Fox's wiki page is an interesting read. I wonder if Ridley would touch on any of this.

The more I read, the more I like Jace, like Tiffany, am ambivalent on Tam, hate the parents, and DESPISE Luke.

Astonishing Member

Yikes at this page.

This page is so cringey. It's so patronizing that it's aggravating. And Batman's words in the last panel is just straight-up insulting, yet typical (and not in a good way).

Also, I'm not sure if this was from the first encounter or the second, but if Tim acknowledged his error and apologized for the first incident, why did he go and do something criminal again? The narrative behind the whole second incident with Tim, from reading the line about it from his World of Black Heroes bio, felt done in willful ignorance and without justifiable purpose. Who ever created that just went "Oh yeah. Remember Tim Fox, Lucius Fox's son, who did bad stuff that one time before? Let's bring him back to do more bad stuff again!", without recognizing that Tim had a story behind his former actions and giving him a context-absent handwave here isn't enough to cut it. Nor is it enough to get straight insulted by Bruce in such a cliché and patronizing way.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-14-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yikes at this page.

This page is so cringey. It's so patronizing that it's aggravating. And Batman's words in the last panel is just straight-up insulting, yet typical (and not in a good way).

Also, I'm not sure if this was from the first encounter on the second, but if Tim acknowledged his error and apologized for the first incident, why did he go and do something criminal again? The narrative behind the whole second incident with Tim, from reading the line about it from his World of Black Heroes bio, felt done in willful ignorance and without justifiable purpose. Who ever created that just went "Oh yeah. Remember Tim Fox's son who did bad stuff that one time before? Let's bring him back to more bad stuff again!", without recognizing that Tim had a story behind his former actions and giving him a context-absent handwave here isn't enough to cut it. Nor is it enough to get straight insulted by Bruce in such a cliché and patronizing way.
    Terror Times Three! is a "lost tale" from the 1970s featuring Bruce Wayne (Earth-One).
    "Terror Times Three!" and "Dark Messenger of Mercy" are both reprinted in Tales of the Batman: Len Wein.

The list of the Len Wein Tales mention:
    DC Retroactive: Batman-The '70s #1: "Terror Times Three!"

DC Retroactive: Batman Vol 1 #1
    September, 2011

There's no info beyond that

That sounds like it's a story Len Wein first created in the 70s, but never published and only actually published in 2011 under DC Retro, kinda like Marv Wolfman's New Teen Titans Games. Created and set in the 80s, only published now.

Edit: The solicit

Now, legendary scribe Len Wein (DC UNIVERSE: LEGACIES) tells a never-before-revealed tale from this era in a brand-new story!

Plus: Following the 26-page lead story is a classic tale originally published in the '70s, also written by Len Wein!

(That one is Batman #307 Lucius' first appearance)

Yep. It is.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-14-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Yikes at this page.

Also, I'm not sure if this was from the first encounter on the second, but if Tim acknowledged his error and apologized for the first incident, why did he go and do something criminal again? The narrative behind the whole second incident with Tim, from reading the line about it from his World of Black Heroes bio, felt done in willful ignorance and without justifiable purpose. Who ever created that just went "Oh yeah. Remember Tim Fox's son who did bad stuff that one time before? Let's bring him back to more bad stuff again!", without recognizing that Tim had a story behind his former actions and giving him a context-absent handwave here isn't enough to cut it. Nor is it enough to get straight insulted by Bruce in such a cliché and patronizing way.
    Yeah, that's presumably why it isn't canon anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Terror Times Three! is a "lost tale" from the 1970s featuring Bruce Wayne (Earth-One).
    "Terror Times Three!" and "Dark Messenger of Mercy" are both reprinted in Tales of the Batman: Len Wein.

The list of the Len Wein Tales mention:
    DC Retroactive: Batman-The '70s #1: "Terror Times Three!"

DC Retroactive: Batman Vol 1 #1
    September, 2011

There's no info beyond that

That sounds like it's a story Len Wein first created in the 70s, but never published and only actually published in 2011 under DC Retro, kinda like Marv Wolfman's New Teen Titans Games. Created and set in the 80s, only published now.

Edit: The solicit

Now, legendary scribe Len Wein (DC UNIVERSE: LEGACIES) tells a never-before-revealed tale from this era in a brand-new story!

Plus: Following the 26-page lead story is a classic tale originally published in the '70s, also written by Len Wein!

(That one is Batman #307 Lucius' first appearance)

Yep. It is.
    Ah.

In that case, I can't help but think it'd probably would have been best if this stayed in the vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah, that's presumably why it isn't canon anymore.
    Still, pretty darn frustrating and decidedly cringe-worthy.

Yikes at this page.

Also, I'm not sure if this was from the first encounter or the second, but if Tim acknowledged his error and apologized for the first incident, why did he go and do something criminal again? The narrative behind the whole second incident with Tim, from reading the line about it from his World of Black Heroes bio, felt done in willful ignorance and without justifiable purpose. Who ever created that just went "Oh yeah. Remember Tim Fox, Lucius Fox's son, who did bad stuff that one time before? Let's bring him back to do more bad stuff again!", without recognizing that Tim had a story behind his former actions and giving him a context-absent handwave here isn't enough to cut it. Nor is it enough to get straight insulted by Bruce in such a cliché and patronizing way.
    Patronizing in the sense of Batman referring to them as kids and being dismissive of them? I don't think he's assuming that just because of their age.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Patronizing in the sense of Batman referring to them as kids and being dismissive of them? I don't think he's assuming that just because of their age.
    Nah. That writing is tone-deaf even for its time, even if they probably didn't give it a second thought. That's kind of how it tended to be in situations like this.

Nah. That writing is tone-deaf even for its time, even if they probably didn't give it a second thought. That's kind of how it tended to be in situations like this.
    Do you mind explaining your perspective?