Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's always John David Washington.
    Oh yeah, he's good too
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh yeah, he's good too
    You could get his dad to be Lucius . I prefer him as Bronze Tiger or Mr. Terrific but Jace is good too.

There's also John Boyega but he felt more like Luke. So pulling off Jace could be an interesting challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yep, he seemed off, but this issue confirms it. And he totally roasted Batwing.
    Love how he said he was given responsibility to protect this city like Bruce wanted, while at the same time he's perfectly willing to see all masks destroyed, which was how Bruce kept the city safe for years.

I'm willing to give Lucius a pass now; it's obvious that he's suffering PTSD and is burying it with his work. Momma Fox, on the other hand, I still can't stand. And the sooner she's abducted by the big bad, only to be saved by one of the masks she's trying to destroy, the better.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

For people waiting on the next batman to pick up, we are finally getting into his big incident in his past with the new issue this week..

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For people waiting on the next batman to pick up, we are finally getting into his big incident in his past with the new issue this week..
    Probably the best origin of any Batman outside of Bruce. I really like the contrast between the two.

I’m glad that we get to officially know his backstory but I think the fallout from this will probably be the more important part with the next issue. I will say this, and I know it’s a slight spoiler, but I’m glad Ridley did not include the Vulture stuff in his version of Jace’s backstory.

Also, if it’s been ten years since anyone saw Jace because of the incident and it was on his 17 birthday I guess that would make Jace 27?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh wow, I just read something from a solicitation for the #11 issue on Comixology that pretty much spoils who probably trained Jace but also creates a pretty big Batman connection (other then being the son of Lucius Fox) with a character that Ridley actually has some experience recently writing. Read at own risk, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

spoilers:
    Katana is apparently coming to Jace's rescue from a new assassin character, so apparently Jace has a retconed connection to the Outsiders in a way. But it makes a lot of sense how he can handle himself if he's been trained by a woman who can handle fighting Batman.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Oh wow, I just read something from a solicitation for the #11 issue on Comixology that pretty much spoils who probably trained Jace but also creates a pretty big Batman connection (other then being the son of Lucius Fox) with a character that Ridley actually has some experience recently writing. Read at own risk, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

spoilers:
    Katana is apparently coming to Jace's rescue from a new assassin character, so apparently Jace has a retconed connection to the Outsiders in a way. But it makes a lot of sense how he can handle himself if he's been trained by a woman who can handle fighting Batman.
    end of spoilers
    Huh, so I guess that's the mystery character Ridley was talking about in a recent interview. Very exciting.

Mighty Member

I think Jace backstory should have been established sooner, but I like what Ridley is doing with Jace.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I think Jace backstory should have been established sooner, but I like what Ridley is doing with Jace.
    I think that’s probably the biggest down side for the digital series, because physical it’s 4 issues but digitally it’s 12 so the mystery get drawn on longer not to mention they don’t want to completely by the time the first issue of the physical print comes out. That said I also think it’s a decent way to slowly explore the family dynamics and deal with characters drama, with some fight scenes thrown in with Luke and Jace so it doesn’t get dull.
    Words to live by.

Just caught up to the last issue, holy **** I didn’t expect Ridley to go that route, but damn if a spoilers:
    hit and run
    end of spoilers origin isn’t an effective way of establishing Jace’s guilt complex. Really excited to see where this is all going!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The reveal of Jace's big sin was pretty good. I just wished it happened sooner. We are 2/3rds the way through this run so I'm wondering what comes next in the next 4.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The reveal of Jace's big sin was pretty good. I just wished it happened sooner. We are 2/3rds the way through this run so I'm wondering what comes next in the next 4.
    Well, one thing's for sure: spoilers:
    Jace becomes Batman.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, he's good too
    He would have to get big

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He would have to get big
    I mean I have seen plenty of actors bulk up for these hero roles, just look at Chris Pratt and you will see what I’m talking about.
    Words to live by.