Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

This is an awesome cover from the July 2021 solicitations

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Jace's connection to Katana is interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    This is an awesome cover from the July 2021 solicitations

Agreed! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jace's connection to Katana is interesting.

Not gonna lie; I like this one, too. The vibe it emits is different, but it's still cool!

Man...Lucius and Tanya Fox can be pretty brutal sometimes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Man...Lucius and Tanya Fox can be pretty brutal sometimes.
    Well, they ARE super-richs, after all.

Yusuf Gatewood(The Originals) could make a good Jace Fox.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-03-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yusuf Gatewood(The Originals) could make a good Jace Gox.
    Oh you’re right, he definitely has the face structure for it and his hair and beard seem pretty on point.

Words to live by.

Oh you’re right, he definitely has the face structure for it and his hair and beard seem pretty on point.

Jace is more introverted than his other performance but I think he could pull it off.

It’s looking like the Batwing omnibus has been cancelled and is being replaced with a TPB titled Batwing: Luke Fox. Collects #19 to 34 and Futures End #1. $34.99. February 1, 2022.

I will say after reading second son and Future State: Next Batman while they serve as origins for Jace becoming Batman but it also kind of serves as an interesting exploration into the psyche of Lucius Fox. Because when reading Future State you kind of feel as if him helping to fund and equip the Magistrate with technology solely because of what Punchline did to him in Joker War but it’s more of that he will protect his family at any cost which is definitely an interesting grey area that applies to someone who works for a law-breaking vigilante and supplies him with weapons/tech.
    Words to live by.

Reading Luke Fox in Second Son made me happy he got shot on Batwoman. I truly can't stand the character anymore. He has zero redeeming values in my mind, and his little sister said it right- for someone who has all the answers, he sure can't fix any of the problems.

The mother is still reprehensible.

Lucius Fox... I'm starting to see him a bit differently. It goes back to the Joker in The Killing Joke- there, he tried to show Jim Gordon what one bad day could do to a person. Jim made it out okay, relatively speaking. And while Lucius was tortured for longer than a day, the thought behind it still applies. In this case, the one bad day took all of the negative aspects of his character and amplified them. And I don't buy that he's doing whatever he can to protect his family- at least, not ALL of them. He shipped Jace off in the first place, and only brought him back because his fortune was threatened.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 05-18-2021 at 06:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Reading Luke Fox in Second Son made me happy he got shot on Batwoman. I truly can't stand the character anymore. He has zero redeeming values in my mind, and his little sister said it right- for someone who has all the answers, he sure can't fix any of the problems.

Lucius Fox... I'm starting to see him a bit differently. It goes back to the Joker in The Killing Joke- there, he tried to show Jim Gordon what one bad day could do to a person. Jim made it out okay, relatively speaking. And while Lucius was tortured for longer than a day, the thought behind it still applies. In this case, the one bad day took all of the negative aspects of his character and amplified them. And I don't buy that he's doing whatever he can to protect his family- at least, not ALL of them. He shipped Jace off in the first place, and only brought him back because his fortune was threatened.
    Not gonna lie, this post comes off as being creepy, even in-context.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not gonna lie, this post comes off as being creepy, even in-context.
    Probably. But I can't emphasize how much Second Son has made me hate most of the Fox family, Luke in particular. And I used to really like his character.

It feels like the purposefully assassinated his character in order to build up Jace.

You know here’s the thing and I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think we’re just being to critical of Luke because this story is Jace’s perspective, but even Jace recognizes his own faults from when he was younger.

I mean think about all that happened now that we have full context, it basically boils down to that before Jace’s birthday incident there were already signs of marital issues between Tanya and Lucius with Lucius not being home and then Luke’s older brother killed someone by accident forcing the family to cover it up and then send him away which probably put a strain on the family relationship even further. Not to mention what that must have done to Luke to probably have his actions put under a microscope for the actions of his older brother, because as a middle child myself let me tell you even if you didn’t do anything your parents can find a way to drag you into it to make sure you learned the lesson as well. Imagine what dealing with a decade of that must have been for Luke only for the one who caused and has been out of his life for so long to finally come back.

Luke is not an unsympathetic monster, the guy just has some probably legitimate family issues he hasn’t processed cleanly yet because he’s never gotten the chance to actually deal with them with Jace and probably Lucius as well. Not to mention it’s no doubt exacerbated by the fact he’s keeping a double life as Batwing.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-18-2021 at 07:54 PM.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

But show Luke is a really good guy!