Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Like Batwoman and Batwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like Batwoman and Batwing?
    Kind of but a much different relationship because they have brotherly issues and Luke has actually been doing this longer as Batwing but Jace has some skills and doesn’t quite rely on the same level of tech as Luke.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Now I just wait for my hardcover collection of John Ridley's Batman deluxe to come in the mail
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Will Tiffany become a hero too

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She’s the youngest sister right? She was Jace’s Robin in Ridley’s B&W issue.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She was becoming one in the Telltale series. It would be cool to pay that off.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Tynion created a daughter for Bane and a Black counterpart to Poisin ivy. We'll see if they catch on.
    Wait a moment... I wonder if the Batwoman show will make her Poison Ivy's legacy character... spoilers:
    And Ryan Wilder's mother?
    end of spoilers Just thinking of how season 2 ended and set up season 3 last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So yeah John Ridley put Jace in the final issue of The Other History of the dc universe, I guess he's insinuating that he's in the same dc era as Thunder and Khalid Dr. Fate?

He is. Next Batman is set in the present day. Wonder Girl, Monkey Prince, Teen Lantern, and a bunch of kids from Teen Titans Academy are there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She’s the youngest sister right? She was Jace’s Robin in Ridley’s B&W issue.
    She was also a fourth Batgirl in Future's End.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He is. Next Batman is set in the present day. Wonder Girl, Monkey Prince, Teen Lantern, and a bunch of kids from Teen Titans Academy are there too.
    Okay now see that is one where editorial definitely told Ridley to put him in the story. I mean Monkey Prince has only one story as far as I'm aware and that was in a big one-shot with a lot more memorable heroes then him (no offense but Conner Hawke, "Shoes", Cassandra Cain, and Grace Choi were characters I liked a lot more). Like some of these characters I completely get being here because they will be big eventually or have some importance but Monkey Prince feels seriously out of place.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Okay now see that is one where editorial definitely told Ridley to put him in the story. I mean Monkey Prince has only one story as far as I'm aware and that was in a big one-shot with a lot more memorable heroes then him (no offense but Conner Hawke, "Shoes", Cassandra Cain, and Grace Choi were characters I liked a lot more). Like some of these characters I completely get being here because they will be big eventually or have some importance but Monkey Prince feels seriously out of place.
    From my perspective, seeding Marcus/Monkey Prince there makes perfect sense. Eventually, we're gonna get a more longform story for Monkey Prince and his world, and in the meantime, he'll be seeded within spaces like that one. And it makes sense to do that for a character that's clearing getting built to become a thing.

(And an even more aside thing, but it's a little unfair to dump on Marcus's first showing like that, especially by holding nostalgia over him.)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    From my perspective, seeding Marcus/Monkey Prince there makes perfect sense. Eventually, we're gonna get a more longform story for Monkey Prince and his world, and in the meantime, he'll be seeded within spaces like that one. And it makes sense to do that for a character that's clearing getting built to become a thing.

(And an even more aside thing, but it's a little unfair to dump on Marcus's first showing like that, especially by holding nostalgia over him.)
    Honestly I don’t mean to knock on monkey prince, I thought his story was pretty good and honestly I’d like to see more of him and Billy Batson again if possible. Heck maybe a miniseries could really work if they get the right creative team. But again sorry if it sounds like I’m dumping on him.

I’m not saying don’t push him, it is just that when you show that image and you go here is the current/next generation you start to draw some questions, especially for a character whose only had one appearance in a big one-shot of stories that did have more established characters. Like he just doesn't mesh well in my head with Jace or Yara, but maybe I just need to see more of him.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-05-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    Words to live by.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Monkey Prince has about as much right to be there as any of the Titans academy kids.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Monkey Prince has about as much right to be there as any of the Titans academy kids.
    Okay I’m sorry if the tone of my message made it seem like I’m upset with Monkey Prince being there. I’m not it just seemed weird and I wanted to point it out, it just seemed to me more likely that DC went to Ridley and asked/told him to put Monkey Prince and I’m assuming a few others in the final issue instead of an active choice on Ridley’s part. But again I apologize that my message sounded aggressive I didn’t mean it too.
    Words to live by.

Okay I’m sorry if the tone of my message made it seem like I’m upset with Monkey Prince being there. I’m not it just seemed weird and I wanted to point it out, it just seemed to me more likely that DC went to Ridley and asked/told him to put Monkey Prince and I’m assuming a few others in the final issue instead of an active choice on Ridley’s part. But again I apologize that my message sounded aggressive I didn’t mean it too.
    It's fine. I just didn't see it as a big problem.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-05-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Hooray my deluxe edition finally came in the mail
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Hooray my deluxe edition finally came in the mail
    Awesome!