Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know I have to say I’m very interested to see how Tim/Jace got to where he is in Next Batman #1. He was well trained, well equipped, and I got to say that he made for a good Batman....which makes me wonder where he got the skills and the gadgets.

Supposedly he was in military academy according to the first issue, but I’m not sure that would be enough to indicate who trained him.
    Sounds very Kate/John Diggle...of course, animated movie Luke was also a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds very Kate/John Diggle...of course, animated movie Luke was also a vet.
    It sounded more from this issue that Lucius sent him away for bad behavior instead of Jace signing up for the military. He literally says that he got sent away.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Do you have the link to the source of the image? Or could you just wrap the image in image tags?

I hate the CBR Forums embed option, because it resizes the image and makes them too small and distorted. Especially the original size wasn't all that great in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Do you have the link to the source of the image? Or could you just wrap the image in image tags?

I hate the CBR Forums embed option, because it resizes the image and makes them too small and distorted. Especially the original size wasn't all that great in the first place.
    https://insidepulse.com/2021/01/05/d...les-percolate/

Here you go
    Words to live by.

Can someone explain to me the Jace nickname? He has a middle name or something?

I'm always confused with american nicknames. I remember being very surprised when i learned that "Billy" was a nickname for William.

Astonishing Member

Thank you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I'm always confused with american nicknames. I remember being very surprised when i learned that "Billy" was a nickname for William.
    I haven't sat down and read the issue for myself just yet, but I get the feeling we haven't learned the in-story reason Tim wishes to go by Jace yet.

And I'd say there's definitely one, probably tied to his time in the military academy and/or whatever he was doing after he left that would ultimately prepare him for being Batman.

(I don't believe it has anything to do with US nickname structure and culture, or whatever. But we'll have to wait to see.)
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-05-2021 at 04:09 PM.

I thought the Future State Batman stuff was the best of the future state issues I bought.

Do we know if Tim Fox’s time among the Terrible Trio as the Vulture is still canon or not, whether it’s in mainline continuity or future state? I don’t know enough about it, it only came up in a review I listened to.

I figure if he’s got time as a masked criminal it might explain his skills as a masked vigilante.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

And posting this 'cause it feels right.

Again, love Jace's Batman! Absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Its not explored in the issue but it could be explored later on. Luke said its Tim trying to run from who he was.

A big John Ridley interview with a pretty sizeable preview for issue 2 of Next Batman, will try to post the images themselves.

https://www.gamesradar.com/john-ridl...d-comic-books/
    Words to live by.

Last edited by sifighter; 01-09-2021 at 11:47 AM.
    Words to live by.

Words to live by.