Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sounds like with Bruce leaving Jace is dealing with all the proto future state stuff that’s left over from Fear State, especially given his fathers big connection to it.
    What will be intresting is how will Bruce return in a year or two if at all, they can’t jus shelve Jace like it’s 2002 anymore

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What will be intresting is how will Bruce return in a year or two if at all, they can’t jus shelve Jace like it’s 2002 anymore
    Right now it doesn't look good for Jace. He got a minor plotline, as the main magistrate threat is over. The batfamily are dealing with Arkham, and Batman is still the main Batman of the DC universe.

Even sales-wise, I don't think it looks too good for him. His #1 issue isn't a great seller online.

Very likely that in a year or two Bruce would be back, Jace would be relegated to a different mantle or be a part of a team book like the Outsiders as their Batman.
    Last edited by Lal; 09-17-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Right now it doesn't look good for Jace. He got a minor plotline, as the main magistrate threat is over. The batfamily are dealing with Arkham, and Batman is still the main Batman of the DC universe.

Even sales-wise, I don't think it looks too good for him. His #1 issue isn't a great seller online.

Very likely that in a year or two Bruce would be back, Jace would be relegated to a different mantle or be a part of a team book like the Outsiders as their Batman.
    It outsold Batman: Urban Legends #7 and Wonder Woman. It'll be fine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Even that doesnt matter, i dont see how they can undo Black Batman once he is in.
    I assume were gonna do the preflshpoint idea where Bruce is JL and global and Dick stayed with robin in gotham but rather Jace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Even that doesnt matter, i dont see how they can undo Black Batman once he is in.
    I assume were gonna do the preflshpoint idea where Bruce is JL and global and Dick stayed with robin in gotham but rather Jace.
    They easily can if his title isn't generating chatter then the backlash if they undo him will be a whisper.

DC has undone minority characters holding major mantles, BatGirl, GL, Robin. The POC mantle holders were well known fan favs who had internet buzz at the time when DC undid/undermined/replaced or shelved them.

Black Batman didn't get the media attention one would expect [ compare to the attention something like Robin coming out generated] . Comic readers talked about it for a bit then went stone cold. I fear if DC undid Jace only a small section of readers would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They easily can if his title isn't generating chatter then the backlash if they undo him will be a whisper.

DC has undone minority characters holding major mantles, BatGirl, GL, Robin. The POC mantle holders were well known fan favs who had internet buzz at the time when DC undid/undermined/replaced or shelved them.

Black Batman didn't get the media attention one would expect [ compare to the attention something like Robin coming out generated] . Comic readers talked about it for a bit then went stone cold. I fear if DC undid Jace only a small section of readers would care.
    Nah, it got the same amount. Big publications were covering it. I don't think they'll undo it, though. The new generation is a big thing for them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Don’t underestimate Twitter

Incredible Member

For issue #1 to outsell only WW and a filler Urban legends issue is really bad news. And in Amazon the book ranking in the best selling list is even much worse. Those are bad news for the book

As for how to retire Jace without a backlash.... DC can always say that Bruce returns to Gotham and then Jace leaves to help other places and just gradualy stop writing about him. Right now he has a self contained and isolated title that doesn't really influence even other Gotham books. Unless DC tries very very hard to push him or give him Tec", Jace's future isn't looking too great.

Jace will never be anything other than Batman, same as Terry. There’s zero point in trying to give him a different mantle because he won’t sell without being Batman. It’s no different from Miles who also would tank without the Spider-Man “brand”.

Jace’s long term future depends entirely on when/if he gets adapted for outside media, not comic sales.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jace will never be anything other than Batman, same as Terry. There’s zero point in trying to give him a different mantle because he won’t sell without being Batman. It’s no different from Miles who also would tank without the Spider-Man “brand”.

Jace’s long term future depends entirely on when/if he gets adapted for outside media, not comic sales.
    Looking at how they handle Miles in outside media that's not the movies or games, I'm almost tempted to wonder if they'd come up with some OC identity or name for him if they ever include him in something where Bruce is the main character. Because he's not likely to be depicted as Batman in that instance, at least on a permanent basis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This.
    But at this point his biggest hope is animation or some TV-show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looking at how they handle Miles in outside media that's not the movies or games, I'm almost tempted to wonder if they'd come up with some OC identity or name for him if they ever include him in something where Bruce is the main character. Because he's not likely to be depicted as Batman in that instance, at least on a permanent basis.
    I don't really see him being adapted in anything in media where they don't make him Batman. There are already so many members of the Bat-Family, it's not like Spider-Man where Miles was one of the first big "important" Spider-Man family guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    For issue #1 to outsell only WW and a filler Urban legends issue is really bad news. And in Amazon the book ranking in the best selling list is even much worse. Those are bad news for the book

As for how to retire Jace without a backlash.... DC can always say that Bruce returns to Gotham and then Jace leaves to help other places and just gradualy stop writing about him. Right now he has a self contained and isolated title that doesn't really influence even other Gotham books. Unless DC tries very very hard to push him or give him Tec", Jace's future isn't looking too great.
    Outselling the Batman: Urban Legends issue that features the return and launches a new Batman Beyond series is bad news?

Extraordinary Member

Honestly it kind of has to, a new book where where #1 would sell what Wonder Woman is currently selling (something in the 30-40K range) would be basically DOA, since sales usually stabilize somewhere between 30% and 50% of what the first issue sold.

For a moderate success a #1 must really at least sell more than 50K in imo.

Extraordinary Member

Outselling the Batman: Urban Legends issue that features the return and launches a new Batman Beyond series is bad news?
    Give that urban Legends cost 8 bucks, and Batman Beyond is also not really a title with strong sales, its at least not amazing news.