Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

wMZMEqWoxui7Z3h4JDLaFC.jpg

One last straggler preview page.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Sorry to bug you about this, but try to remember to uncheck the box that embeds the images locally, as that compresses the images and makes them smaller, often too small to read and understand.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Sorry to bug you about this, but try to remember to uncheck the box that embeds the images locally, as that compresses the images and makes them smaller, often too small to read and understand.
    I have no idea how to do that, sorry. I didn't even know that was a thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I have no idea how to do that, sorry. I didn't even know that was a thing.
    When composing a post, there's a button on the top row. This is the row that lets you insert bold tags in your post, and so forth. The insert image button lets you wrap images in [img] tags. When you first click on it, you have to change the tab from the current "From Computer" tab, unless you're uploading images from your own device. But if they're from some website, you switch tabs to "From URL" and paste the image's URL into the field.

It's on this second "From URL" tab, where you paste image URLs into the text field, where there's a check box below the field that asks if you want CBR to upload and host the image locally. Alas, this "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box is always checked by default, which means you have to uncheck whenever you're inserting an image from another website into your posts. If you don't, then CBR will upload the images to their servers and shrink their size and distort their resolution.

character sketches for Future State Batman and the JL suit. his Justice League suit is so fucking COLD!

however, I still don't understand superhero comics' obsession with bare-faced grown men. my guy couldn't even keep a goatee? how are we gonna be able to tell him apart from Luke now?! because lord forbid they let a brotha grow hair and mix it up
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-12-2021 at 08:37 PM. Reason: I wanted to say a much fun-er word but virgin ears, ya know?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

character sketched for Future State Batman and the JL suit. his Justice League suit is so fucking COLD!

however, I still don't understand superhero comics' obsession with bare-faced grown men. my guy couldn't even keep a goatee? how are we gonna be able to tell him apart from Luke now?! because lord forbid they let a brotha grow hair and mix it up
    That is a beautiful suit, and Tim/Jace looks beautiful wearing it! I'mma legit miss having this Batman to look at post-Future State.

I also don't understand why they have him clean-shaven when he's rocking with the Justice League. His is a pretty low-key goatee, so having him hold onto that in-costume at a point where he's comfortable and relatively safe enough to show his lower face shouldn't be a problem. Yet it seems they instinctively had him go clean-shaven as soon as he starts showing his face. The low-key goatee worked, though, so them ditching it later is a shame. And like you say, both him and Luke going clean-shaven really makes them too facially similar to one another.

As much as I love seeing his Black skin in-costume (as there is legit power in seeing that portrayed unambiguously), there's a part of me that makes me wonder something. If it was deemed necessary for him to lose his facial hair once he started exposing his lower-face, then maybe he outta have remained with a full-face cowl even once he joined the Justice League.

character sketched for Future State Batman and the JL suit. his Justice League suit is so fucking COLD!

It's all in the chin.

One image from Justice League actually made me think Tim shaved his entire head. It’s the one where he’s sitting on his bed in the shadows with his shirt off. You can only see the top and back but it looked like he shaved his hair and beard.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    One image from Justice League actually made me think Tim shaved his entire head. It’s the one where he’s sitting on his bed in the shadows with his shirt off. You can only see the top and back but it looked like he shaved his hair and beard.
    i'm looking at the image right now, and it's hard to say. it could be a shaved head, or the cyberpunk-style neon lights of Gotham, or just a weird coloring choice since it's not exactly a panel you're supposed to be looking too closely at. Assuming it's the simplest option (shaved head), it just makes it so weird that he changed so much aesthetically. Why did he change his suit? why did he shave off his face and head? I hope they actually give us a reason for these random changes because it just seems like a weird choice to me; at that point why not just have two different characters take up the mantle like the Aquafamily did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's all in the chin.
    meh chins are overrated beards have been the wave for a while now
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-12-2021 at 08:53 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm not sure I'm ready for batman witha goatee

meh chins are overrated beards have been the wave for a while now
    For that kind of mask they might feel it lends itself better to a clean shaven look.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For that kind of mask they might feel it lends itself better to a clean shaven look.
    And that's my worry/issue. Because that's simply not true that clean-shaven has to go with that type of mask. It'd kind of just be an excuse, were it the actual reason.

Then there's the worry that there was no reason and they were just negligent in the design and the design consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    And that's my worry/issue. Because that's simply not true that clean-shaven has to go with that type of mask. It'd kind of just be an excuse, were it the actual reason.

Then there's the worry that there was no reason and they were just negligent in the design and the design consistency.
    I can see the logic behind going with the clean shaven look. As far as consistency, the timeline for Future State jumps around so if anything this is just showing progression for Jace's Batman and character.

Miniseries from Ridley that details Fox’s origin story coming next month digitally and April physically