Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Awesome, I am actually really excited by Ridley's work with DC so far so to see him get to write Tim's origins to being Batman is great. I hope Future State Justice League gets a digital series next. But yeah, I am just glad to see this story continue and expand in some way.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

my only issue with the series is it's digital first. they started the Truth & Justice series with Vixen & the Global Guardians and they just chopped the pages on that hoe all the way to hell. i hope that don't end up being indicative of a pattern of negligence with these digital releases. a lot of eyes are on Ridley's take on the Fox fam and Batman, they can't fumble.

other than that, I'm pretty excited for more of Ridley's time with the Foxs. it looks like he's really trying to properly flesh out the Foxs and bring them to the forefront of the DC conscious during his time with Tim as Batman and I really appreciate that. Batman has been about the found family for a while but we don't really get much of this kind of more typical family dynamic. I don't think we've ever gotten a Batman with both parents, let alone with siblings (besides Terry's brother).
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-13-2021 at 09:56 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Happy to know we'll be getting Tim/Jace's origin story! That means we won't be parted from him and the Fox Family for a while yet.

That cover looks like it was done by Mshindo I. Kuumba.

As well, Luke's wearing his Detective Comics Beard here!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Question, how old is Tim/Jace supposed to be? Because I was looking at that timeline for future state that DC provided a while back, and while Next Batman is set in 2025 (4/5 years away) Justice League where Tim will also be is set in 2040.

So I’m assuming Tim/Jace is around early 20’s or so, that way he’s not too old as a member of the future Justice League.
    If they stick with the Bronze Age version he would be around the same age as Dick Grayson.
    So he would be in his early 30s in Next Batman and in his mid to late 40s in Justice League.

Extraordinary Member

I’m looking forward to the eventual Tim/Jace vs Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m looking forward to the eventual Tim/Jace vs Luke.
    vs? I was looking forward for them to team-up.
    The Fox family version of the Dynamic Duo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    vs? I was looking forward for them to team-up.
    The Fox family version of the Dynamic Duo.
    Sure, but only after they get their grievances out, the only way two headstrong brothers can.

Seems like Jace's Batman is going up against everybody...Bruce, Dick, maybe even Luke.

I'm hoping Luke and Grifter can team up again. I thought they were fun together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like Jace's Batman is going up against everybody...Bruce, Dick, maybe even Luke.
    I mean it's anime protagonist rules, can't earn your respect unless I beat that ass first
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

You know John Ridley doing interviews with THR and The Los Angeles Times, basically outlets that are above the ones that report on comic news continually... if DC is using him and parading him around and they give Tim/Jace only a year's focus, hell will rain on them.

Anyway, here's another interview from Ridley with The Ringer.

Also I am not really here for the diverse characters (Vixen, Fox Family) being shuffled to digital where their comics are cut all kinds of ways and their minis are stretched to seem like maxi/limited series. I would feel better about it if it seemed like they were doing the rumored thing BC was hearing about, a digital publishing initave that was gonna be a shared universe with a new batman and superman, but nothing has come out of those rumors and therefore DC's digital side seems to not be a priority to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Miniseries from Ridley that details Fox’s origin story coming next month digitally and April physically

I could be wrong but I feel like Tifanny's hairstyle is a possible giveaway that she is the sidekick to Tim/Jace that we'll see in the Batman: Black and White anthology series, but I could be jumping the gun.

Anyway, I will be supporting these issues.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    You know John Ridley doing interviews with THR and The Los Angeles Times, basically outlets that are above the ones that report on comic news continually... if DC is using him and parading him around and they give Tim/Jace only a year's focus, hell will rain on them.

Anyway, here's another interview from Ridley with The Ringer.

Also I am not really here for the diverse characters (Vixen, Fox Family) being shuffled to digital where their comics are cut all kinds of ways and their minis are stretched to seem like maxi/limited series. I would feel better about it if it seemed like they were doing the rumored thing BC was hearing about, a digital publishing initave that was gonna be a shared universe with a new batman and superman, but nothing has come out of those rumors and therefore DC's digital side seems to not be a priority to me.

I could be wrong but I feel like Tifanny's hairstyle is a possible giveaway that she is the sidekick to Tim/Jace that we'll see in the Batman: Black and White anthology series, but I could be jumping the gun.

Anyway, I will be supporting these issues.
    You’re probably right. Bruce is one thing, but why would Tim/Jace allow a teen girl to hang with him unless it was his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I mean it's anime protagonist rules, can't earn your respect unless I beat that ass first
    It's the same as comic book logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You’re probably right. Bruce is one thing, but why would Tim/Jace allow a teen girl to hang with him unless it was his sister.
    It probably wasn't meant to be funny, but I laughed at the "Bruce is one thing" part of your comment, oh the ways you can interpret that bit lol.

I do think you hit the nail on the head, why would Jace be hanging out with a teen girl or any teen for that matter, it makes the most sense for it to be his sister.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wow they move fast. Jace is already getting a new deluxe edition hardcover

written by JOHN RIDLEY
    art by NICK DERINGTON, LAURA BRAGA, OLIVIER COIPEL, and DUSTIN NGUYEN
    cover by LADRÖNN
    ON SALE 6/29/21
    $17.99 US | $23.99 CAN | 128 PAGES | FC | DC
    HARDCOVER | 7.0625" x 10.875"
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-126-3
    Light the Bat-Signal! Legendary screenwriter John Ridley takes over Gotham City in a new way! Writing the world's most popular superhero, Batman, Ridley brings his storytelling expertise to DC!
    Whether his story is told in black and white or captured in brilliant colors, Batman's adventures keep everyone guessing...even the World's Greatest Detective. Follow the iconic tales of the Dark Knight in Batman by John Ridley The Deluxe Edition.
    Collects Future State: The Next Batman #1-4, stories from Batman Black & White #1 and Batman: The Joker War Zone #1, and a brand-new story by John Ridley with art by Dustin Nguyen.