Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Can anybody explain to me why he wants to be called "jace"? Could it be that John Riddley wanted to use Tim for the family connection but didn't like the name Tim so he just madr the random decision to make he himself only recognize another name?
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-15-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Can anybody explain to me why he wants to be called "jace"? Could it be that John Riddley wanted to use Tim for the family connection but didn't like the name Tim so he just madr the random decision to make he himself only recognize another name?
    it hasn't been explained yet in narrative (probably gonna be revealed in his origin) but from a meta perspective, it could be to avoid any naming confusion between Tim Fox and Tim Drake.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Well in all honesty it probably has to do with Jace's relationship with his family, he was sent off to military school or whatever school and instead of coming back he lived his life.

He forged his own identity away from his family, he most likely has a different last name as well, although I could see Ridley having Jace keep his last name since some last names are just common among people.

When Jace enters back into the Fox family he's not gonna retake the Tim name b/c it repsents his past self whatever that past self is, Jace is who he is now, he's worked through some things and the name Jace more than likely repsents the person he is and the person he is striving to be.

Now that's the nuance I want from Ridley, but I could also see Tim choosing the name Jace to escape his parents when they most likely looked for him after he didn't come home from wherever they sent him away to.

And obviously the real life reason Tim is Jace is b/c there is already a Tim that exists in the comics.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I saw this interview, it gives me some hope for Jace and or the Next Batman. Here’s the part I focused in on

“ TR: What did it mean to you to craft the first Black Batman?

JR: This is the first attempt at what will be an ongoing character as a Batman who is Black. I’m not on social media, I try to stay away from the discussions, but I do know early on people were like, “this is going to be a one and done. This is their do-good, social justice initiative. They can say they did it and go away.” I can tell you on the inside, any company that is even mildly socially responsible or certainly fiscally aware, [knows] the growth is in young people, young people of color, Latinx, LGBTQ, and you gotta get these folks young. I read when I was young because that’s all there was. Bruce and Clark, they were great, I loved them, I still love them to this day, but people want to see themselves more.

To be in this space where I’ve been granted the opportunity to work with great editors, great artists, and create a durable character, to be honest, it’s hard for me to wrap my head around what it really means.“

https://www.theroot.com/john-ridley-...-of-1846158002
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh yeah preview for issue #3 of Next Batman.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/29/dc...e-next-batman/

Last edited by sifighter; 01-29-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Don't you just that three image limit

Words to live by.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/john...153000177.html

John Ridley talks about the new Batman and the other side of History.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/john...153000177.html

John Ridley talks about the new Batman and the other side of History.
    Really interesting, especially the bit about Jace not being Batman for a short stint. it may mean that he'll also don the mantle in main continuity, hopefully.

Astonishing Member

While what lies ahead still remains to be seen, it is good to know that, at least as of now, Jace-as-Batman not fading into the ether after Future State ends is on their minds as something they wish to avoid happening (or at least coming across as going to happen).

Okay now I’m getting more interested in the context that Second Son will provide for Jace after issue #3

spoilers:
    So not only is he apparently responsible for an incident that has torn the Fox family apart or at least if you listen to Luke, but Jace himself talks about his previous job before Batman which was somehow being shot as Batman is an upgrade because it involved being tortured a lot. I’m genuinely fascinated in learning more about Jace as we get brief snippets of his backstory, so Ridley has done a good job on that front.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

In case there was any confusion, Next Batman: Second Son will be set in main continuity. Joshua Williamson confirms so himself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Williamso...51558781800448
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay now I’m getting more interested in the context that Second Son will provide for Jace after issue #3

spoilers:
    So not only is he apparently responsible for an incident that has torn the Fox family apart or at least if you listen to Luke, but Jace himself talks about his previous job before Batman which was somehow being shot as Batman is an upgrade because it involved being tortured a lot. I’m genuinely fascinated in learning more about Jace as we get brief snippets of his backstory, so Ridley has done a good job on that front.
    end of spoilers
    I thought Jace could be ex-mercenary. Like a former member of a Private Military Company.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

In case there was any confusion, Next Batman: Second Son will be set in main continuity. Joshua Williamson confirms so himself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Williamso...51558781800448
    I listened to that mentioned podcast and it sounds like Jace will be in the one shot and in batman going forward in some capacity, definitely seems like a lot more of the character to come.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Jace could be ex-mercenary. Like a former member of a Private Military Company.
    Possible given his military academy backstory

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I listened to that mentioned podcast and it sounds like Jace will be in the one shot and in batman going forward in some capacity, definitely seems like a lot more of the character to come.
    I think what really helps is that the post-future State series is still called Next Batman, but also yeah I figured with the magistrate plot still happening in a capacity we will see something of Jace.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Possible given his military academy backstory

I think what really helps is that the post-future State series is still called Next Batman, but also yeah I figured with the magistrate plot still happening in a capacity we will see something of Jace.
    Yep, and another important book that apparently features Jace besides batman and the next batman is apparently the batman urband legends ongoing. So he seems to have a big role in Gotham.